The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can anyone ID this microphone?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Can anyone ID this microphone?

Hi there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I was wondering if anyone can ID this microphone. At first I thought Shire due to the ridges along the bottom, but the antenna (is this what you call it?) at the bottom doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen.

It is from an event on 2002. I know it’s probably impossible to ID but any help would be most grateful.
Attached Thumbnails
Can anyone ID this microphone?-b55e7252-daf7-40a4-9201-1e85631fbb7b.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’m gonna say it’s a hello kitty karaoke mic...

Seriously, you stumped me, but I’ll guess that it is a relatively early Nady wireless, but I could find no info on their heritage products.

Btw, the external antenna wire began disappearing in 1979 when Nady introduced the first wireless mic with internal antenna.

Last edited by jnorman; 2 weeks ago at 06:05 AM..
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

OK... should anyone be interested... it looks like a permutation of Sennheiser's early SKM4031 handheld. The picture (below) has a different capsule on it. These were, to my knowledge, single frequency units. The form factor was pretty obviously held over to the Y2K-era mics like my EW300 G1/G2.

The first photo is the SKM4031; the second is EW300 G2.

Hope this helps.

HB
Attached Thumbnails
Can anyone ID this microphone?-unknown.jpeg   Can anyone ID this microphone?-oi7jbddn7odimcwug6pr.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search