The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Grammy's sound, 2020
Old 4 weeks ago
  #31
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
(...)I'd have missed that gem a few hours ago about the Grammy Producer and his "nihilistic ghetto." (It was gone in a flash.)
priceless! as well as the textbook/hardcore push for idenitity politics and idiosyncratic confirmation bias in the thread dealing with 'how to make money out of a grammy win'...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #32
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughshouse View Post
Over the top "T & A" and profuse potty language is the trademark of low talent desperation.
I'm saving it on my recorder, though. So I can get all nostalgic two years from now when the Grammy show will be hardcore porn.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #33
Lives for gear
 
Plush's Avatar
Deedeeyeah--you're a non participant in a Grammy. Go for a Goldener Bobby, you prince. Tired of your sniping here and in every thread with you presenting yourself as a PRINCE of righteousness. Are you a millennial?

PRINCE
Old 4 weeks ago
  #34
Was there any popcorn?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #35
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Deedeeyeah--you're a non participant in a Grammy. Go for a Goldener Bobby, you prince. Tired of your sniping here and in every thread with you presenting yourself as a PRINCE of righteousness. Are you a millennial?

PRINCE
it's clear from this and many other threads that we're not sharing much, neither goals or ideas nor approach or technique - i suggest you put me on your ignore list if you can't stand my comments.

best,

dd



p.s. millennial?! wrong again (as so often: remember your latest fail on features of yamaha digital desks?), i guess we're about the same age...
and speaking of 'prince': other than you, i got to work with him as well, an experience and now memory i value much higher than a grammy (although he gave me a damn hard time those few shows i replaced his regular monitor engineer)!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #36
Lives for gear
 
tourtelot's Avatar
I guess decorum is gone everywhere nowadays. Too bad.

D.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #37
Lives for gear
 
jimjazzdad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Was there any popcorn?

(click for song)
Old 4 weeks ago
  #38
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I'm saving it on my recorder, though. So I can get all nostalgic two years from now when the Grammy show will be hardcore porn.

Chris
Old 4 weeks ago
  #39
Lives for gear
 
Plush's Avatar
He can’t even mix cement.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #40
This performance really grabbed my attention: Abba Waterloo 1974 Eurovision.
PS. Guys, can you tell us some Prince stories please? Thanks : D
Old 3 weeks ago
  #41
When Stevie Wonder first met Prince at a Grammy's show decades ago he remarked to Mick Parrish, "strange guy".
Old 3 weeks ago
  #42
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
This performance really grabbed my attention: Abba Waterloo 1974 Eurovision.
PS. Guys, can you tell us some Prince stories please? Thanks : D
dr and the medics did it better




Prince opened for the Stones on their Still Life tour in '81. They threw chicken and beer cans at him. Fools!! It was in during the promo for, IMO, his greatest record, Dirty Mind
Old 3 weeks ago
  #43
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
When Stevie Wonder first met Prince at a Grammy's show decades ago he remarked to Mick Parrish, "strange guy".
Prince Andrew?
Chris
Old 3 weeks ago
  #44
Lives for gear
You mean this guy...Q:How many Grammy's did he win ?
A: 7
Attached Thumbnails
Grammy's sound, 2020-prince-jpg.jpg  

Last edited by studer58; 3 weeks ago at 11:15 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #45
Lives for gear
 
Plush's Avatar
Must be a language problem. A prince is a polite (couched) way to say prick.

In other words, "the guy's a real prick."
Old 3 weeks ago
  #46
I noticed the Grammy's had a huge viewing peak in 1984:

Old 3 weeks ago
  #47
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
I noticed the Grammy's had a huge viewing peak in 1984:

That's because the coke was extra special in 1984. You ever see the list of movies released in 1984? It's like a greatest hits album of the best movies ever.

You had stuff like Amadeus, sequels like 2010 and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Landmark films like Footloose, Ghostbusters, the Karate Kid, Gremlins, the Terminator. Stuff like Purple Rain and Spinal Tap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._films_of_1984

The entertainment world was on fire that year. The CIA shall never provide us with an influx of cocaine of that quality ever again.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #48
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Must be a language problem. A prince is a polite (couched) way to say prick.

In other words, "the guy's a real prick."
If the Prince of Paisley Park was a prick, he was a mightily gifted, talented and clever one !
Old 2 weeks ago
  #49
Some rarely seen backstage angles...
Old 2 weeks ago
  #50
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
If the Prince of Paisley Park was a prick, he was a mightily gifted, talented and clever one !
Innumerable examples from the past several centuries of music history -- let alone that of the arts, generally -- offer abundant evidence that these qualities are by no means mutually exclusive.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump