The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone tried the Sonosax M2D2?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Anyone tried the Sonosax M2D2?

I believe these should be shipping about now, wondered if anyone had chance to try it out yet? They say it has same quality preamp as the R4+ and can record to a phone...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This is on the Sonosax home page:
"Message to SX-M2D2 users: We encountered an electronic component problem on the first series of devices. The analog mic/line inputs may in some cases not support a short circuit of the 48 V phantom power supply. Therefore, it is imperative not to switch on the phantom power when connecting an unbalanced source to the analog inputs. We apologize for this malfunction which is already fixed on the devices delivered from today. The first series will be modified at Sonosax’s expense for users who request it"
So maybe some delay?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I use the M2D2 and it is outstanding. I am using it as a super quality 2 channel preamp for the R4+ and also on my iPhone.

It also acts as a USB sound card offering a/d and d/a conversion.

Preamps are the same 135dB dynamic range preamps as on the SX-R4+ and
SX-AD8+. Many features are built in.

Running on batteries or USB power.

The caution noted above about using 48 volt phantom when connecting unbalanced sources to the analog input does not apply to me because I do not connect unbalanced sources to line inputs.

Product is small and beautiful.

It comes from the hills above Lausanne.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search