The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Meet Steve Remote.....and his boy Elroy
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Meet Steve Remote.....and his boy Elroy

For those who'd like an insight into Steve the man: his history, his recording approach and philosophy and a peek into his truck named Elroy.....an excellent way to meet him is via this hour+ long interview

It was really cool to see Elroy expand out to his maximum width in the opening minutes, and to hear of his early years building the business, his 6.5 trucks in 41 years, ideas on recording tech schools, "making detailed maps and sketches and leaving nothing to chance" ....and his take on the value of making (and learning from) your mistakes !

Start from 5:00 mins in.....have you still got that Revox A700 Steve ?

Edit....this is in the correct forum, as it's primarily about Steve and not Elroy per se
Old 2 weeks ago
Super Moderator

Thank you so much for posting this 'ROADIE FREE RADIO' video interview from May 28, 2018. Episode 100, baby!

FYI, I wish I still had that REVOX A700, and many other toys and instruments for that matter.

You placed this thread in the most perfect forum. Thank you for doing so!

Revisiting this video is quite refreshing to me; thanks again for posting this thread. Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
For those who'd like an insight into Steve the man: his history, his recording approach and philosophy and a peek into his truck named Elroy.....an excellent way to meet him is via this hour+ long interview

It was really cool to see Elroy expand out to his maximum width in the opening minutes, and to hear of his early years building the business, his 6.5 trucks in 41 years, ideas on recording tech schools, "making detailed maps and sketches and leaving nothing to chance" ....and his take on the value of making (and learning from) your mistakes !

Start from 5:00 mins in.....have you still got that Revox A700 Steve ?

Edit....this is in the correct forum, as it's primarily about Steve and not Elroy per se
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
No problem....it's great to finally see the man behind the shades, the myth and the Moderator !

I'm sure most of us here are interested in how fellow Remotesters made this their vocation, and it's great to compare early influences and approaches to the ever-evolving recording scene....so thanks for sharing your time via this interview
If I were in NYC I'd be raising my hand for an interning stint in Elroy too !
Old 2 weeks ago
Super Moderator

This coming May (2020) will make this interview two years old, yet it seems like it was only yesterday.

The folks that know me personally will see me (in this interview) like I am most of the time. The folks that don't know me personally get a chance to see (and hear) the "madness" of Remoteness.

Thanks again, for sharing this with this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
No problem....it's great to finally see the man behind the shades, the myth and the Moderator !

I'm sure most of us here are interested in how fellow Remotesters made this their vocation, and it's great to compare early influences and approaches to the ever-evolving recording scene....so thanks for sharing your time via this interview
If I were in NYC I'd be raising my hand for an interning stint in Elroy too !
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

there is alot of valuable information in that interview

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
This coming May (2020) will make this interview two years old, yet it seems like it was only yesterday.

The folks that know me personally will see me (in this interview) like I am most of the time. The folks that don't know me personally get a chance to see (and hear) the "madness" of Remoteness.

Thanks again, for sharing this with this forum.
Old 1 week ago
Super Moderator

Thanks, George!

Originally, I felt I was "all over the place." Seeing it again after a couple of years, not so much, yet I wish I could have edited it a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
there is alot of valuable information in that interview

thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search