The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Orchestra recording - QTC40 mains, CM3/4 spots
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Orchestra recording - QTC40 mains, CM3/4 spots

I've just received new Line Audio CM4's from Jean-Pol from NoHype Audio and had the opportunity to test the all. Love those mics, love the professional, as always, colaboration with JP!

Ensemble had two harpsichords in the middle pointed to eachother, one keyboard at front another t rear, left 3 violins, behind the cembalos 3 violas, right 3 cellos, behind the cellos doublebass.
Used Earthworks QTC40 as mains 2,80m above the floor right above the head of the front cembalo player/conductor, 58cm from eachother. One CM4 spot was at front of the first violinist (it was actually preapred for another piece where flutes are at front), but used it a bit to add some crispness, another CM4 behind 3rd violinist (again flutes spot for yet another piece - they were changing the setup all the time), violas had a stereo pair of CM4 behind them to have the left and right game for that piece and simulate more the listeners perspective, cellos had one CM3 and double bass had another.
Recorded in a big mirror hall of a beautiful castle - dimentions - 20m x 15m x 10m.

I used some resonance cutting EQ, very small, spot delays and mixed everything.

I've learned a lot here, so would be glad to hear some more comments.
Thanks.
S

Edit: Wrong file, very low quality. Look next comment.
Attached Files

QTC40 mains CM3 and 4 spots.mp3 (1.42 MB, 360 views)

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Better quality file.
Attached Files

QTC40 mains CM3 and 4 spots.mp3 (3.58 MB, 416 views)

Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Its a nice stereo spread. Its a challange to got the harpicords to sit well yes? Can't remember are you using ambient mics?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbone View Post
Its a nice stereo spread. Its a challange to got the harpicords to sit well yes? Can't remember are you using ambient mics?
Thanks! Wish to have more LR of the violins and cellos, but was not possible to do since this was a concert setting.

Two harpsichords in th middle...yes! But going higher then I would if the cembalos were behind made it less problematic.

Ambient is coming just from the main pair.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search