The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Fun Gig!
Old 17th September 2019
Fun Gig!

Got to mix cue feeds for a scoring session today. Call Of Duty video game. All the players are Seattle Symphony folks; really first rate.

Shaved two hours off the schedule because they rocked it.

I guess I did okay. I didn't get anything thrown at me, unlike the good old days in rock and roll.

Nice crew from Seattle Music and David Sabee, and a great experience.

D.
Attached Thumbnails
Fun Gig!-img_7685.jpg  
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

nice! - how many inputs and cue mixes did you have to manage?

(and speaking of throwing things after someone in r'n'r: i've seen cozy powell throwing sticks around! luckily not at me but at yngwie malmsteen who was bitching around during soundcheck - one of the sticks got stuck in one of the speakers of yngwie's 4x12's...)
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

My problem with recording up at Seattle for non-union stuff is two issues. One of my major issues is the St. Thomas Chapel stained glass which puts cracks/pops on the recording as the place heats up from radiant heat. So it depends on what season you are recording there.
The second I'll leave more abstract but has to do with one section player that overplays and there appears nothing to be done to remedy that due to the politics of scoring in Seattle. Otherwise the players are great.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
nice! - how many inputs and cue mixes did you have to manage?

(and speaking of throwing things after someone in r'n'r: i've seen cozy powell throwing sticks around! luckily not at me but at yngwie malmsteen who was bitching around during soundcheck - one of the sticks got stuck in one of the speakers of yngwie's 4x12's...)
Hm, maybe 12 inputs. Mostly pre lay (a term I didn't know a week ago) and click so it wasn't too hard. Some overdubs. Just a new process for me. But a great learning experience.

And yes, I have a great Gene Simmons story that I tell if I am plied with enough Tequila.

D.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
The second I'll leave more abstract but has to do with one section player that overplays and there appears nothing to be done to remedy that due to the politics of scoring in Seattle. Otherwise the players are great.
Yes, I suppose. But I just let people at a much higher pay grade deal with that stuff.

D.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search