Rode TFM-50 and NT-49
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by king2070lplaya View Post
No its perfect, see:

3 for the tree
2 for outriggers
1 for bass section spot! Or bass drum. Or mono solo piano spot?

I mean if you’ve got an extra $8k mic at the session, you’ll find a way to use it.
Yes, that must be the devious marketing strategy behind their release plan...I await with interest the special pricing deal on a matched 6-mic pack/ 3 power supply package

I'm guessing the uptake on the TF5 is modest, given its pricing premium over the NT5. It would be necessary to find a reviewer who's familiar with all the KM84 clones, the Schoeps and Sennheiser cardioid equivalents and other contenders to put the TF5 into a meaningful current marketplace perspective.

My point (for the TF5 digression) being that Rode could open up a whole new package style method of marketing and pricing with this crop of upcoming mics: you'd sign up for the Decca Tree Pack (plus TF5 spots), the Spaced Trio (plus TF5 spots), the Minimalist Pair Pack(no spots), the NTR-V Blumlein Pair Pack etc

Just as the Decca Tree was always thought of as a 'mic system', so you'd buy into a 'Rode TF Black Mic System' of your choosing, with some savings incentives for buying more spot mics to add to the Basic Pack.....and perhaps even a partnership discount deal with AEA for Tree mounting hardware, and Rycote suspensions for the TF5s

So, if you're a budding high-end freelancer or startup studio.....step right this way for your new Rode Orchestral Pack.....plus bonus extras

Not too dissimilar from buying into a brand loyalty deal with a car mfr, and receiving extra accessories and options at an 'apparent' discount price....

Or.....something like that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search