The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello all! I recorded a piano recital with two pairs of omnis. I'd like opinions on the mikes - one pair is modified. The files...

RPC
replies: 12 views: 1,470
esldude 19th March 2015

I know this is OT for remote recording purposes, but since a lot of us do at least some preliminary mastering before handing...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 1,565
guitarboy94 17th March 2015

Hello! I'm trying to record demo of Piano and electric guitar duo. I have 3 option to choose for recording space. 1....

shimoyjk
replies: 8 views: 1,184
shimoyjk 17th March 2015

Hello All, It's been some time since I've posted on here. I am definitely familiar with "audio guru" if you...

Marlan
replies: 41 views: 6,663
Adorno 16th March 2015

Did anybody hear & tried the D.O.TEC® ANDIAMO.MC mic preamp

Gaston69
replies: 2 views: 938
Gaston69 16th March 2015

excerpt from new electro-acoustic music for rubber bands recording chain: SF24 / Gorden / Fireface / Sonar

aracu
replies: 11 views: 662
aracu 15th March 2015

Hey guys! I posted a question like this on a different forum but then I thought this might be a better place, so here it...

Nico Zottos
replies: 5 views: 560
Liquid Shadow 15th March 2015

Our last thread on recording solo classical guitar deteriorated into something less than admirable so I thought I might try and...

Given To Fly
replies: 5 views: 1,429
Given To Fly 14th March 2015

I am going to be recording in my bedroom and I have questions about acoustic treatment. The room is a square around...

getproductivebo
replies: 2 views: 559
Thomas W. Bethe 13th March 2015

Dear all, Last Sunday, I did my first Decca Tree-like experiment for a concert I played myself -- free recording for archive...

apotheosis
replies: 7 views: 1,058
apotheosis 13th March 2015

Check out the first 40 seconds of this...try to keep blood pressure under control (imagine if it was YOUR Neumann...

studer58
replies: 10 views: 891
Mike Tholen 12th March 2015

Hi, I have recorded several acoustic guitar songs over the last week, however I am experiencing low end hum on the acoustic...

rossnuk
replies: 34 views: 1,482
Rolo 46 11th March 2015

Hey! So.. I recently bought a Zoom H5 and want to get into low budget field recording, after thinking about it for quite a...

ieatmumble
replies: 3 views: 4,078
ieatmumble 10th March 2015

Hello All. Has anyone used the Se-Electronics promic laser shotgun microphone ? I'm looking for a mic to use with my DSLR...

Johnmack
replies: 0 views: 622
Johnmack 10th March 2015

I've committed to purchase a pair of Schoeps MK5 as main pair. Seller has a pair of CMC6 bodies for $1,500. I may have the...

2manyrocks
replies: 2 views: 568
2manyrocks 9th March 2015

Hello. I wanted to know how do you use this 8 input recorder. What kind of projects and setups you do most oftenly. Thank so much...

joaquin
replies: 24 views: 3,462
pkautzsch 9th March 2015

Hi, there. We, Audioguy are a korean recording company, which records classic, jazz and korea traditional music. We use...

Audioguyrecords
replies: 1 views: 782
Ulrich 9th March 2015

Hello! I'm a final year Music Technology student and i'm working on my dissertation regarding audio networking technology...

mingles20
replies: 16 views: 1,528
David Spearritt 9th March 2015

A couple clips of solo harp using spaced mics and no processing. The first clip is with a spaced pair of Sonodores and the...

aracu
replies: 7 views: 590
cabraldemello 9th March 2015

Given a D.A.V. BG#8 for micpres, what converter/interface would you pair it with? Needs to be less than $3500 USD. Using it...

Bruce Watson
replies: 26 views: 2,456
KIDBILL 9th March 2015

Anybody know if there's an AAX version of a Double MS Decoder out yet? The Schoeps one is only RTAS, VST, or AU and I'm working...

thecreature
replies: 0 views: 617
thecreature 8th March 2015

I suppose this is a question to the folks with larger microphone collections. Do you find it more convenient to have many...

connloyalist
replies: 22 views: 1,325
Plush 8th March 2015

If you're short of time (or just stupid) you can now pay someone to burn in your cables. And the price is 'per cable' not 'per...

JackHenry
replies: 25 views: 1,231
jmichael 8th March 2015

My Tascam CD-rw900 is having spasms and I'll be looking to replace it. I am looking exclusively for a stand-alone, real-time...

plus6vu
replies: 28 views: 3,204
hughesmr 8th March 2015

OK, so it's easy to do when you are not moving, but I need to walk and record ambient sound at the same time. (but not chew gum...

mo7ies
replies: 1 views: 798
Rolo 46 8th March 2015

Hello. I need some help with a setup for a show, comprising two x32 and two computers. I want to synchronize the two computers...

PACHAMAMA
replies: 10 views: 2,747
foamboy 7th March 2015

I've recently heard about these... It seems to me almost like the mic uses the surface it's attached to as a diaphragm of sorts?...

hduncan
replies: 42 views: 27,721
Brian Campbell 7th March 2015

Hi guys, I'm recording an orchestra concert tonight, and given the details and the limitations of the group, the location, and...

king2070lplaya
replies: 9 views: 658
boojum 7th March 2015

688 - Sound Devices, LLC | Audio Production Products

boojum
replies: 16 views: 1,144
voltronic 7th March 2015

I participate in an acoustic trio (female singer/violinist, two male singer/guitarists), and would like to do some decent...

rstl99
replies: 12 views: 673
rstl99 6th March 2015

Currently in addition to my Pelican I have a tactical backpack with MOLLE packs attached for carrying around gear. I have a 5...

Take19
replies: 2 views: 543
Rolo 46 6th March 2015

I have a bunch of his LP's in my racks. ...

boojum
replies: 5 views: 698
c1ferrari 6th March 2015

I'm a newbie home recorder with a relatively high quality setup, But with many restraints. A big one being that I also use my...

Noodler13
replies: 14 views: 915
Noodler13 5th March 2015

So I'm really wanting some ribbon microphones. But they seem to be recommending preamps that costs 3 times to 5 times more than...

Shadow_7
replies: 75 views: 21,399
monitor 4th March 2015

So I have been tasked to record a concert next weekend. The piece is Bach's B minor Mass. The conductor was kind enough to draw...

Liquid Shadow
replies: 23 views: 1,275
voltronic 4th March 2015

I'm dithering over the Sequoia vs. Pyramix DAW question. It's difficult to find much out because, well, the user base is pretty...

Bruce Watson
replies: 41 views: 2,668
potscrubber 3rd March 2015

I was wondering about which SDC's there are that are wide cardioid. (Aside: I am putting this in the "Remote" forum...

connloyalist
replies: 32 views: 3,639
Adorno 3rd March 2015

Greetings all and happy new year, I need to record classical orchestral (32 to 45 musicians) live concerts regularly (mostly...

pedrocarneiro
replies: 13 views: 2,582
Jim Williams 3rd March 2015

Here is a brief retrospective of the ground-breaking tradition of Sony in technology innovation, folowed by a comprehensive...

Richard Crowley
replies: 3 views: 851
jheath 3rd March 2015

A Sound Engineer's hard days work recording a pipe organ. Enjoy!

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 8 views: 983
Testing123 2nd March 2015

Ebay seller with only 1 transaction and doesn't list these as if he has any idea what he has. For the record, this is not...

tourtelot
replies: 2 views: 600
Don S 2nd March 2015

A deliberately eye-catching title! In another thread (the guitar one) we seem to have got caught up yet again in the different...

Ozpeter
replies: 180 views: 9,620
Avatar for TheOracleofSherbrooke
TheOracleofSherbrooke 1st March 2015

I am trying to figure out the best and efficient way to send a stereo mix down from the mix out of a 302 (TA3) to a camera in...

AlterAle
replies: 5 views: 826
AlterAle 1st March 2015

I'm purchasing a Whisper Room to record R&B vocals, violin, viola, cello, and maybe some light percussion such as cajón....

EmRauz
replies: 9 views: 4,361
Rolo 46 28th February 2015

seeing and hearing the success Rolo 46 has with his MKH30s in a parallel, I decided to give it a shot with my AKGs. I decided...

avillalta
replies: 1 views: 888
Rolo 46 28th February 2015

On Sunday Feb 15 I recorded 'La Mer' with my b-format array. I raised the mic 6 feet higher than I normally do, probably around...

emenelton
replies: 7 views: 766
emenelton 27th February 2015

I had my eye on a pair of CMC622 mics for solo spots and was quite surprised to find the current international pricing structure...

rumleymusic
replies: 9 views: 1,190
pkautzsch 26th February 2015

Googling about full range ribbon speakers I found a company that produces them but at a horrific price tag: 105.000 USD??? Did...

monitor
replies: 6 views: 2,304
aracu 26th February 2015

I had a gig last night to record a local symphony.The venue was about 8 miles from here. The weather really got bad and the roads...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 21 views: 997
JCBigler 25th February 2015

Hello, Are any of you familiar with some sort of mechanical spring-loaded striking device? This device would be able to swing...

meeble
replies: 9 views: 638
ESL 25th February 2015

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search