The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

On short notice, looking for a skilled/experienced pro in the Boston area who would be available to record a community choir on...

analogjeff
replies: 6 views: 779
roonsbane 17th January 2015

Hey everyone, I am from N.AL, USA. I'm a solo musician, and I've slowly been developing a duo with my wife, but I've been trying...

SuspectK
replies: 1 views: 611
Remoteness 17th January 2015

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 1,073
Remoteness 17th January 2015

dear Slutz did any of you had the chance to play with these rectangular mikes? i am particulary interested in knowimg how the...

monitor
replies: 4 views: 648
Fridberg 17th January 2015

UPDATE - Turns out we were misinformed, it's still in production after all. Maybe it's a conspiracy... Old post: For the past...

[email protected]
replies: 9 views: 943
[email protected] 17th January 2015

Hey Guys! I am an Opera Singer and I want to start recording myself. Because of that I got Zoom H5 but seriously no idea about...

tenori
replies: 4 views: 1,667
KEL 16th January 2015

I just ran across info on the Allen & Heath ICE-16D, and of course the first place I looked for background info was here on...

connloyalist
replies: 0 views: 1,072
connloyalist 15th January 2015

Most of you will be familiar with Eberhard Sengpiel's SRA visualization page: Visualization AB stereo microphone system Tony...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 529
studer58 15th January 2015

On short notice, looking for a skilled/experienced pro in the Boston area who would be available to record a community choir on...

analogjeff
replies: 1 views: 343
bruceegre 14th January 2015

Antipodean TV recently showed a doco on the Queen (linked to 60th anniversary I believe). One segment shows Her Majesty seated...

panatrope
replies: 21 views: 3,528
panatrope 14th January 2015

Hello, I'm looking for 2 track recorder to record live music. I don't need it to have mic preamps, niether onboard mics. I...

bezdelnik
replies: 11 views: 2,118
GLouie 14th January 2015

Picked up a Panasonic GH3 that apparently has built in timecode, but no ability to receive or transmit timecode. Wondering if I...

2manyrocks
replies: 17 views: 1,034
Rolo 46 13th January 2015

I need to make a recording with my zoom h6 but am afraid to get handling noise from it when holding it in my hand. Any diy tips...

Krusty4president
replies: 2 views: 564
bwanajim 13th January 2015

Hey all, first post here... I was debating posting this here or in live sound, but since it's for an acoustic venue... So I work...

Jtizzle
replies: 17 views: 1,133
Jtizzle 12th January 2015

I have a zoom h5, a sm57, and sennheiser mk4. I have been capturing lots of mid-highs but im finding im lacking in the lower mids...

Dhji
replies: 9 views: 862
Peller 12th January 2015

Hello chaps! This is my first post and not much of an introduction but I will make an introduction thread in the future! I...

SubliminalMssage
replies: 4 views: 1,480
SubliminalMssage 12th January 2015

Take me out and shoot me. I keep thinking there is an easy explanation for this but, no, not today. With crossed Mk8's I can...

boojum
replies: 33 views: 2,089
boojum 12th January 2015

listening to side 1 of LP1 of this great album....wondering what is going on with that 12 string acoustic mic/mix ( ie: on sugar...

becks bolero
replies: 6 views: 1,334
edva 11th January 2015

I was (s)trolling around the internets today and happened upon an incredible article from 1976, about the redesign of Avery...

king2070lplaya
replies: 7 views: 881
jimjazzdad 10th January 2015

I'm deciding whether to get a pair of MKH 8040s ORTF or a 8040 + 30 M/S setup for my sound effects work. I do primarily films and...

kaotic
replies: 0 views: 396
kaotic 10th January 2015

One of my favorite local bands had a show the other night and I was amazed at how closely their sound was to the CD. It sounded...

Analog
replies: 95 views: 26,141
vanhalen 9th January 2015

Trying to put together a cheaper and lightweight midside rig for a series of field recordings I have coming up, mostly ambience...

Fortran
replies: 8 views: 2,650
jpgerard 8th January 2015

I recorded 32 tracks of a Behringer X32 mixer directly onto my iMac running Logic Pro X. Unfortunately, there were more tracks...

Raise Heart
replies: 2 views: 525
Raise Heart 8th January 2015

Hello folks, I apologize for invading with a non remote thread, but I'm a big fan of this section of Gearslutz, and there are a...

satellitedog
replies: 7 views: 736
satellitedog 7th January 2015

what do the fellow Slutz think about a recording I made a couple of years ago? Johann Sebastian Bach - it was made with a...

monitor
replies: 1 views: 464
boojum 6th January 2015

In about a week we are going to do a concert recording of a piano recital. We are doing both the audio and the video. The artist...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 102 views: 7,330
monitor 6th January 2015

Guys, help me out here. I have a pair of MRP-01 German spec'ed Chinese ribbons with Lungdahls. They are pretty good, but . . . ...

boojum
replies: 37 views: 2,336
boojum 4th January 2015

Dear all, I am considering upgrading my mic locker with two decent multipattern mics, because I have no good fig8 at the...

apotheosis
replies: 39 views: 3,419
tourtelot 4th January 2015

Stumbled across one of these videos on a mandolin message board. They put a band in the gondola that goes from the town of...

mandodon
replies: 1 views: 397
jwh1192 4th January 2015
replies: 1 views: 1,106
Phoenix9 4th January 2015

Click on the link below to see an 18 minute factory tour led by Peter Freedman, CEO of RODE microphones. He briefly touches on...

studer58
replies: 60 views: 8,566
KarmaShaman 4th January 2015

Happy 2015 you big bunch of cranks! I'm looking forward to another year of good info (and bad), good advice (and snark) and...

philper
replies: 4 views: 381
panatrope 2nd January 2015

A friend is going to shoot a documentary in two weeks. She has a PCMD50 recorder and a Panasonic Lumix GH2 camera available....

Mend
replies: 14 views: 792
philper 2nd January 2015

Hello all, Context: band plays indie/rock and we have pretty good drums, guitars, basses and amps; the room is small but well...

Andrea
replies: 5 views: 646
recordinghopkins 2nd January 2015

I am in town for a few days. Any remotesters or slutz around here? Not sure if I'll have a chance to meet up, but if I do, it...

RobAnderson
replies: 0 views: 308
RobAnderson 1st January 2015

Hi, Just made my second binaural recording this morning. And I'm loving it. I'm mostly interested in capturing ambient and...

thinkstopthink
replies: 4 views: 706
thinkstopthink 1st January 2015

Hi All, This coming Saturday is my band's fall concert and I will be recording it. My initial plan was to do a Boojum/Jnormal...

connloyalist
replies: 26 views: 1,413
rmx16 1st January 2015

I just got a ZOOM H5 and I wanted to start experimenting with my 2 other microphones (sennheiser MK4 and SM57), none which I...

Dhji
replies: 7 views: 1,817
Robo 1st January 2015

Very lovely sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p_dUEvGTMY Point of interest. 1. Wood chocks for diffusion of the under...

David Spearritt
replies: 18 views: 883
rumleymusic 1st January 2015

Hi, next month I'm going to record a classic wind band (woods, brass, double basses and some percussion). The recording will...

rvla
replies: 11 views: 663
Wyllys 31st December 2014

Recently purchased a used Sound Devices 744t and have been very impressed with it in general, however as purchased 2nd hand I...

Fortran
replies: 10 views: 2,755
tourtelot 31st December 2014

i am looking for an ADAT to thunderbolt adapter. i currently have 3 different interfaces all with ADAT but i am limited by...

THE_NIK
replies: 3 views: 915
THE_NIK 30th December 2014

3 examples from a Pearl DS 60 four rectangular capsule mic in MS configuration. All from public performance in our local...

Rolo 46
replies: 38 views: 4,527
emonteirobr 30th December 2014
replies: 24 views: 1,874
edva 30th December 2014

Hi Guys, Been doing location sound recording on films for a while now, but want to get into a "mixing" set up and...

taomation
replies: 5 views: 1,108
philper 29th December 2014

Hi All, I recently came into some money and am finally in the process of finishing up my quaint little on-location rig, which...

sibelioz
replies: 11 views: 1,421
sibelioz 29th December 2014

Hey guys, I have produced music within a home studio environment for a number of years, and have a fairly good grasp of sound on...

Crisp24
replies: 30 views: 3,422
mgoorevich 29th December 2014

Had my first opportunity to pair up two X32 Racks now that I've convinced a friend to get one. With just a Cat5 cable, very easy...

AC2SPL
replies: 1 views: 1,006
Remoteness 29th December 2014

Hey Guys, Did anyone catch the U2 performance on Monday Night Countdown? Not a bad mix for a mostly live performance, but I...

Sofa King
replies: 21 views: 1,296
Remoteness 29th December 2014

I'm to record a CD with a retired opera tenor. I've already made 4 cds with him using a soundfield in between him and the piano....

monitor
replies: 28 views: 3,052
emonteirobr 29th December 2014

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search