The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Here's an old brochure from E-V (1973) outlining practical uses for the Mike Mouse (long before the computer mouse)....less is...

studer58
replies: 3 views: 518
philper 24th September 2014

I am going to record a Dixieland trio ; tuba, trombone, and a vocalist/tenor banjo player in my living room/dining room. They...

foolmj
replies: 7 views: 701
foolmj 24th September 2014

The ASO music director sides with the locked out musicians. When will the union-buster lawyers...

boojum
replies: 1 views: 700
Thomas W. Bethe 24th September 2014

I've decided to go with an MKH 40 for sound gathering and interviews. But I'm in a bit of a quandary how to suspend and shield...

Jumpmonkey
replies: 12 views: 757
Jumpmonkey 23rd September 2014

I have recently upgraded my desktop computer. Previously, I did mixing and editing on headphones connected to the computer...

Flute-Picc
replies: 10 views: 1,249
dheming 22nd September 2014

Mrs. Rocks directs a teen choir which I sometimes record to give her a sense of how they are doing. Here we have a sample of...

2manyrocks
replies: 5 views: 611
Rolo 46 22nd September 2014

I've only begun building my home recording setup. When looking at racks to mount my Focusrite 18i20 and Octopre Dynamic, my main...

ThePowerOfBeef
replies: 2 views: 800
philper 22nd September 2014

What's the bottom feeder Eq flavor of the month right now? I know the Speck are highly regarded but what else is out there? Any...

XHipHop
replies: 37 views: 12,452
Kumbari 22nd September 2014

Recently I added a d.a.v. electronics Broadhurst Gardens No. 3 mastering Equalizer to my set up. I BOOOSTED it with the BG! ...

Plush
replies: 6 views: 1,686
Plush 21st September 2014

Hi all, I had a session in a dodgy room yesterday and really struggled to get a decent sound, even with a wide choice of mic...

mixkitchen
replies: 12 views: 843
matyas 21st September 2014

Live solo piano, favorite mics? Studio solo Piano, favorite mics? Assuming it's a classical/jazz/acoustic solo...

Lorenzop
replies: 20 views: 3,366
edva 21st September 2014

Again, an example of changing tastes, shrinking revenue streams, dwindling ticket sales and the search for a solution in a...

boojum
replies: 117 views: 6,634
jacktadoussac 20th September 2014

Would like to hear bout your experiencies with those 2 converters guys ... In fact i m using 1 rosetta 200 in my set up but i m...

MORDICUS
replies: 6 views: 6,631
Sonic screwdrive 20th September 2014

Hello, I'm about to do a live recording where I'll have a Yamaha 01V96 console. As some of you might know, there are 12 mic...

deardaddy
replies: 49 views: 19,960
tourtelot 20th September 2014

I have been recording outside in windy conditions a lot recently. Does anyone else have problems with wind hitting the outside...

panphonic
replies: 6 views: 596
pkautzsch 19th September 2014

As you may already know, we've been capturing the Newport Jazz and Newport Folk Festivals since 2008 for NPR Music. We also won a...

Remoteness
replies: 10 views: 1,440
studer58 19th September 2014

Which has a more "3D" sound? Using on Piano and vocals mostly. But which might be more versatile? I like that...

Lorenzop
replies: 2 views: 1,402
panatrope 18th September 2014

So I guess nowadays its either recording to multi tracks (from cheaper ones to Nagras) or setting up a laptop DAW multitrack....

Lorenzop
replies: 17 views: 2,680
Dzoing 18th September 2014

Hello everyone, I have gone through a lot of topics to try and figure out how I can configure my live setup to have...

akzshat
replies: 1 views: 914
brockorama 18th September 2014

Filmic type score, medium forces,large hall. Single array ,as per normal. Would outriggers have rendered it better ? There was...

Rolo 46
replies: 8 views: 728
Rolo 46 17th September 2014

Hi After doing the obvious google search as well as in this forum I'm wondering if any of you could point me to the right...

joho
replies: 6 views: 626
Rolo 46 17th September 2014

Hi gang, I'd like to get an inexpensive audio interface to go with my lap-top for recording in my living room. It will be for...

ajfarber
replies: 32 views: 4,280
blackwell99 17th September 2014

Im looking for portable recorder, and im interested in either one of the Olympus (LS 11, LS 14), Zoom H2n or Sony PCM M10. Can...

divine source
replies: 15 views: 5,097
divine source 17th September 2014

Looking for some ideas about about a live recording rig. I already put one together a while ago so I have all the looms,...

tgs
replies: 12 views: 2,102
tgs 16th September 2014

Audio file.wav Oops sorry! wrong file was shared! Tried my Schoeps MK 2 and Beyerdynamic MC 930, Neumann KM100 and AK 30. ...

Janne_L
replies: 4 views: 780
bremusound 16th September 2014

So I'm a little in over my head. I wrote and produced a piece for a small ensemble and opera singer. I've recorded a string...

Estatesound
replies: 1 views: 650
RobAnderson 15th September 2014

I'm going to be capturing a concert next week and one of the instruments is a cajon box drum. I'm wondering what people have done...

edwinhurwitz
replies: 25 views: 6,181
Ukiah Bass 15th September 2014

I'm just about to finish wiring the room and I can't help but wonder what the back of other peoples racks are like. Has everyone...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 133 views: 54,643
rmx16 15th September 2014

Hello, I want to record my band's live performances but can't seem to get the signal to the mains. I've tried two...

ericst.john
replies: 4 views: 698
ericst.john 15th September 2014

Well, after lurking here and asking questions for some years, its my first time to post a recording and ask for your opinions and...

jimjazzdad
replies: 4 views: 651
jimjazzdad 15th September 2014

I recently saw some live footage of both Sabbath and Zeppelin, and noticed Ozzy and Robert Plant both using two mics taped...

fonman
replies: 33 views: 19,093
edwinhurwitz 15th September 2014

Well I realize my title might be painting with a wide brush. Anyways here's my situation, I'm currently changing my setup from...

Jaker
replies: 29 views: 3,056
Remoteness 14th September 2014

UCLA game -- smooth gain riding and bus compression. Nice. USC game -- nasty, snappy, snaggy limiting on the individual...

Brent Hahn
replies: 0 views: 376
Brent Hahn 14th September 2014

Hi GS I recently did a demo recording for a befriended soprano (one to follow!) with theorbo accompaniment. Great music by...

apotheosis
replies: 3 views: 652
apotheosis 13th September 2014

Hi, I've scoured the SoundDevices forum and read the manuals .. and not sure about this .. so perhaps someone can answer this...

jmarkham
replies: 3 views: 761
jmarkham 13th September 2014

Let's say I spend some time in Berlin and feel a burning need of adding some nice german mic's to the collection, where do I...

Audiop
replies: 7 views: 1,968
Audiop 13th September 2014

Dear all, I have found this video and photos (from concert, probably taken on the same day the video was shot) and I can see...

cabraldemello
replies: 25 views: 1,658
cabraldemello 13th September 2014

o6Q87gdLeBI The location footage here was not from a "broken-hearted" zoo, not really.... it was a bird sanctuary...

joelpatterson
replies: 0 views: 403
joelpatterson 12th September 2014

Hello everyone! I'm thinking of buying a portable recorder. I have a Sound Devices 442 I'm undecided between a h6 Zoom or Tascam...

monoke
replies: 3 views: 1,005
rumleymusic 12th September 2014

Hi friends, While carousing Google Images tonight for photos of old Decca recording sessions, I happened upon some interesting...

king2070lplaya
replies: 3 views: 827
king2070lplaya 12th September 2014

OK so I'm really unclear on the best practices here. Most people say, put M/S pair (or whatever stereo arrangement) up 8-12ft...

mo7ies
replies: 108 views: 7,690
Tom McC 12th September 2014

Hello GS friends, I previously posted my first attempt at recording piano and received wonderful and valuable advice on ways to...

mken
replies: 7 views: 973
Bruce Watson 11th September 2014

gke_utU3vGo [Some background: this is one of those "hey, remember the Kickstarter campaign you contributed to last week?...

joelpatterson
replies: 5 views: 787
joelpatterson 11th September 2014

hello everyone.. ok here's the deal.. i am to record some songs in november and i have never tried recording that many...

peder
replies: 3 views: 873
peder 10th September 2014

Looking at some prolonged periods on the road. I have great shockmount racks for gear, but what about the rest of my life stuff?...

natpub
replies: 2 views: 1,009
hbphotoav 10th September 2014

I need to find a way to wirelessly connect a SDC condenser (Line Audio CM3 open cardio) to a receiver. the only thing i found...

monitor
replies: 14 views: 927
hbphotoav 10th September 2014

Dear GS, I made quite a few recordings with the mike in between a duo. This results in an easier balance, and it sounds...

monitor
replies: 1 views: 505
Rolo 46 8th September 2014

I am looking for a device that can convert line audio levels from a DAV BG8 and a Soundfield SPS422 into digital. so no need for...

monitor
replies: 30 views: 2,235
monitor 8th September 2014

Hi I am a professional musician (violist/violinist). I have some struggle to decide what might suit me best to record from time...

as1734
replies: 10 views: 2,152
ForgottenG 8th September 2014

What I do: Solo Acoustic Blues (no flatpicks, thumbpicks, etc.), some originals and covers in the style of Robert Johnson, Lonnie...

Larry22
replies: 1 views: 1,166
KEL 8th September 2014

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search