The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

We recorded and shot an awesome video completely on Elroy, my dual expanding wall mobile studio! We used Elroy as the studio...

Remoteness
replies: 73 views: 9,307
Remoteness 22nd December 2014

Just wondering if anyone is using KM130 or KM183 as a main pair for classical. It seems like flat and neutral mics have more use...

Empiria
replies: 34 views: 107,473
Empiria 20th December 2014

Hey all, During the Summer, I'm going to be mixing on two docs and one feature in two countries - Norway & Kenya. The docs...

MrMenethil
replies: 10 views: 680
Rolo 46 20th December 2014

I'm on to record the annual Carol & Candlelight service at FBC Nashville (my wife is a regular in the alto section, and a...

hbphotoav
replies: 6 views: 753
hbphotoav 20th December 2014

Hello, maybe this topic was discussed in different posts and threads! I have sent a PM to Remoteness in order to ask him a...

Abletonfacile.it
replies: 33 views: 7,051
Remoteness 19th December 2014

Hi everybody, I sing in a choir and we were part of a choir festival yesterday which was a really great experience. But the...

hbach
replies: 22 views: 1,484
hbach 18th December 2014

I'm new here and have already looked in relevant sections for an answer to a few tech questions I have about a newly acquired...

Mika Hudyma
replies: 10 views: 1,071
Nagraaudio 17th December 2014

Hey Slutz, i know its the 1000 thread about Handheld Recorder, but... :lol: I am looking for a Handheld Recorder for recording...

sound solution
replies: 0 views: 398
sound solution 17th December 2014

Hey guys. Just trying to do a little brain picking and get some assistance setting up a live recording rig. Currently at my...

drumzalicious
replies: 23 views: 1,116
tangerine 17th December 2014

Thought I'd ask the group: I'm pulling the trigger on a matched pair of CMC5u + some capsules. Lead time is about a month. CMC6...

Deleted User
replies: 45 views: 4,081
Deleted User 17th December 2014

currently going back and forth between the options for my next field recorder upgrade and would love some input. Have been...

Fortran
replies: 11 views: 2,508
Fortran 17th December 2014

I was looking around for a Dante interface with external clock i/o, as small and cheap as possible. I saw the RED boxes, but the...

philper
replies: 8 views: 1,058
jabney 16th December 2014

Hi everyone, I'm wanting to demo the Tascam HS-P82, as I think it will be an excellent recorder to use for my location work,...

tvanderbrook
replies: 6 views: 882
tvanderbrook 14th December 2014

Hey Guys, Im looking for an older digital recorder with 8 (or 16) channels. It could be made in the 90's/00's (maybe even 80's...

pass-out
replies: 20 views: 1,156
philper 13th December 2014

So, I have never recorded an upright piano before, I plan to try out spaced omni and ORTF - both close to the piano - it is for a...

The Listener
replies: 69 views: 8,939
Timothy Powell 13th December 2014

I recorded a choir last night in a huge church with tons of reverb that was difficult to control. I used a pair of omnis, about...

gabasa
replies: 23 views: 1,564
David Rick 12th December 2014

Hi All, I have a client that I've been working with for several years—two recitals a year. This time she wants to live stream...

albinotuba
replies: 6 views: 844
hbphotoav 11th December 2014

I'm putting together a new mic array which will have the mics wired in to a 5 pin xlr socket. I'm just wondering how the...

Deleted User
replies: 23 views: 1,453
Richard Crowley 10th December 2014

Here's a short YouTube segment of the control room goings on during the recording of The Ring by Culshaw et al in Vienna. They...

studer58
replies: 27 views: 1,112
rumleymusic 10th December 2014

So I'm looking at getting myself a 633 but have some queries on how people found using them. 1. The controls looks really...

solive2
replies: 3 views: 600
JonesH 10th December 2014

Hello all. I use a Zoom H6 to record the audio for my jazz quartet. I really like the H6 because it is easy to use and makes good...

marcberez
replies: 40 views: 2,879
KEL 10th December 2014

Hi all, I do love my HD600, but I'd like to get a good pair of in-ears for Ipod listening and critical listening in noisy...

huub
replies: 20 views: 3,422
WilfredoFernando 9th December 2014

I have two MKH50 mics. The older one has a longer head slots and the newer one has shorter. I noticed a slight difference in...

mgoorevich
replies: 7 views: 1,155
JEGG 9th December 2014

Hi All, Has anyone used these mics as orchestral spots and, if so, what were your thoughts? Thanks, GG

Gary Gray
replies: 1 views: 1,428
grammyman 8th December 2014

Been thinking alot about Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" recording and Columbia's 30th street studio. There was an exhibit...

thethrillfactor
replies: 89 views: 24,015
lukpac 8th December 2014

I see a broad consensus around recommending the Schoeps CMC/MK41 on the high end and Oktava mk 012 on the low end for shooting...

szegedin
replies: 21 views: 2,196
Earcatcher 8th December 2014

Saw the show last night in Seattle. It was awesome! Feel really bad that I didn't stop by the FOH and tell the mixer what a...

tourtelot
replies: 13 views: 949
Thomas W. Bethe 8th December 2014

Sorry if this issue has already been addressed… a search did not turn up any results. Is anyone using the 2882 on yosemite?...

alex!
replies: 2 views: 747
alex! 7th December 2014

I will posting more info later! Wanted to get this up now though!

niktackett
replies: 1 views: 826
Remoteness 7th December 2014

Yesterday I recorded an Ensemble of Theorbos-Lutes and Gambas. What do you think of the sound and the stereo image? (the...

GES
replies: 11 views: 1,958
Plush 6th December 2014

what's the best CD pressing plant in Europe? the ones i worked with are out of business. Sony Vienna was more expensive than...

monitor
replies: 13 views: 1,629
Roland 6th December 2014

Hi folks! Another choral recording.. Okay, so I'm finally recording a proper christmas CD for my choir, it's the first after...

Mats H
replies: 71 views: 4,197
boojum 6th December 2014

Who, what, when, where was the best live performance you've ever been at? Genre doesn't matter. Year doesn't matter. Venue...

Jax
replies: 426 views: 46,022
Deleted User 5th December 2014

Hi guys, kind of a newb question here, but I know someone with more experience than I will have an answer. At work we have an...

king2070lplaya
replies: 5 views: 676
king2070lplaya 5th December 2014

I Have this Audix broadcast console, ALB System It's an (I guess) >10 year old mixer. I am missing some things here, the...

remco_k
replies: 7 views: 7,651
Thomas W. Bethe 4th December 2014

I was curious as to how many of you classical guys have tried any of Miktek's offerings, especially the C5 pencil. There seems...

rumleymusic
replies: 16 views: 3,797
edva 3rd December 2014

I've been asked to help with a last minute recording for an Amateur Orchestra in a week's time and I've been trying to work out...

Ayzed
replies: 14 views: 1,419
Ayzed 3rd December 2014

Dear remoters, I wonder what title we should ask nowdays for our services. On older records I see: balance engineer,...

monitor
replies: 28 views: 892
monitor 3rd December 2014

I have a session soon to record a young singer, with piano accompaniment, for a college audition for Loyola in new Orleans. the...

jnorman
replies: 71 views: 6,825
fifthcircle 2nd December 2014

Alright, so I am looking for some snake advice here. After browsing some of the older forum posts, I want a more current state of...

Lazerface
replies: 13 views: 2,375
MorganN 2nd December 2014

This is what we do:...

opusthe2nd
replies: 39 views: 1,657
opusthe2nd 1st December 2014

For reference sake, my current portable setup is: Late 2011 MacBook Pro running ProTools 11 Apogee Duet 2 with Breakout Box...

Given To Fly
replies: 11 views: 2,353
David Rick 1st December 2014

I currently have 5 x Schoeps active cables available for sale (will also trade for MK41 capsules, 2 for 1 or 5 for 2) Here's...

Jaymz
replies: 1 views: 683
Jaymz 1st December 2014

Howdy all! I have my studio in my livingroom - it is about 7meters x 5 meters large, with moderate treatment. Got some...

xerxes
replies: 3 views: 2,181
Don S 29th November 2014

Hi I'm in a band here in South Florida. Got a little issue. We as a band play 100 times better when we are out playing a show as...

Swampgrass
replies: 122 views: 4,037
KEL 29th November 2014

In spite of some detours into off topic digressions, there are lots of interesting viewpoints here....

KEL
replies: 0 views: 393
KEL 29th November 2014

Howdy, I'm new to the forum,; I registered specifically to ask this question. Hope this is the right place. I figure I may have...

tlandonevans
replies: 1 views: 465
jfpenkala 29th November 2014

Also check out his band "Profit Within" from San Antonio.

jwl9brla
replies: 0 views: 457
jwl9brla 29th November 2014

Hi gang. My friend was recording in the Performing Arts Center Hall at Illinois State University, in Normal, IL last week and...

Ifrit
replies: 8 views: 907
Lotus 7 28th November 2014

Hey all, Looked through some posts quick and figured id ask after not finding anything for my particular conundrum. I feel...

Stewarjm192
replies: 1 views: 857
Thomas W. Bethe 27th November 2014

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search