The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,191
Views: 2,191
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have had my mics at Gefell for a check-up in Germany since November and haven't really heard about whats going on other than...

tourtelot
replies: 8 views: 659
John Willett 4 weeks ago

Hello, (sorry for english mistakes) Next friday I will record a concert band in a church. The piece is "Handelian...

charrison
replies: 13 views: 704
charrison 4 weeks ago

I have a weird “quirk” when I record myself playing classical guitar: I play everything fff because I feel the microphones...

Given To Fly
replies: 23 views: 868
hughshouse 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, I'm working with an orchestra soon to record a film soundtrack which I wrote. I'm looking for advice on how to record...

Corda
replies: 64 views: 32,423
M4granger 4 weeks ago

Hi guys I´m putting together some recording equipment to be able to record and produce professional sound libraries. These can...

TJP
replies: 24 views: 2,044
Jim Williams 4 weeks ago

I am considering a Nagra Seven. It is my understanding that it can capture both analog inputs and digital inputs at the same...

HelenaBzg
replies: 3 views: 440
HelenaBzg 4 weeks ago

I can’t seem to get a direct answer. Can I use the Nagra Seven’s two microphone inouts AND the AES Digital Ins all at the...

HelenaBzg
replies: 2 views: 382
HelenaBzg 4 weeks ago

Hi Everyone : Been a long time user of the 788T with the CL-9 for location recordings of acoustic music. The machine has been...

Baithak
replies: 61 views: 3,804
Swing 4 weeks ago

Is there a lead from someone on the best price and way to obtain new DPA mics? Specifically 2-4006’s, 2- 4011’s and 2-...

HelenaBzg
replies: 11 views: 755
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

I have a Samar VL373A stereo active ribbon. I used it last night on a Baroque orchestra, the first time I had used it in...

tourtelot
replies: 34 views: 1,695
Baithak 4 weeks ago

Hello all, This past fall/winter I did a couple of remote sessions recording extremely quiet contemporary chamber pieces -- not...

lukedamrosch
replies: 38 views: 1,862
hbphotoav 14th March 2018

Hi All, I recently used a Midas Pro9 system as the FOH console for a short run of medium sized theatre events for one of my...

ChrisJohnsonUK
replies: 12 views: 4,830
mrc 14th March 2018

I stumbled across the Beesneez Omni Balls on their website. Small balls for the Lulu's and the Neumann KM 84-184-54 that fit...

EV676
replies: 45 views: 2,324
Adorno 14th March 2018

Hi all, As I mull my next capsule purchase, likely a pair of mk8 since I already have the CMC6's, I would be very curious to...

lukedamrosch
replies: 4 views: 485
lukedamrosch 13th March 2018

Hi, A nice challenge ahead, ideas and suggestions welcome : A live-in-studio jazz vocal quartet recording, part of a...

[email protected]
replies: 17 views: 618
deedeeyeah 13th March 2018

Hello, Apart from Tascam DR-100mkIII are there any other pocket size recorders that have standard S/PDIF input, not the one...

locojohn
replies: 5 views: 445
locojohn 13th March 2018

I demoed a Nagra 7. Its still here in fact. I want this for two (or four) input recorder if possible. Two uses. One I...

HelenaBzg
replies: 0 views: 304
HelenaBzg 12th March 2018

Hey, all. I've been recording the local orchestra for NPR broadcasts, and now the best local choir want in on the act. I've...

seanmccoy
replies: 29 views: 1,386
apotheosis 11th March 2018

NAB 2013 - NAGRA VII - YouTube Take the LB, increase the connectivity, including mobile broadband ... just the thing for...

panatrope
replies: 67 views: 16,172
HelenaBzg 11th March 2018

A few years back the digital mics made an entrance with great fanfare. There was some real anticipation of what they could and...

boojum
replies: 89 views: 4,424
deedeeyeah 10th March 2018

Today the moded Schoeps CMC6 bodies arrived. It consists of a separate small 60V power supply box, the inner electronics in CMC6s...

ISedlacek
replies: 73 views: 5,306
AdamAsnan 9th March 2018

Hi all, I have been reading all of the threads concerning the Rens Heijnis Schoeps CMC mods for 60v, but I am considering a...

AdamAsnan
replies: 9 views: 659
foresttones 9th March 2018

I am just about to pull the trigger on a clean pair of preamps and wanted to get some advice. I already have one channel of the...

Garnettstudios
replies: 17 views: 1,238
Don S 9th March 2018

I have looking at purchasing a Soundfield field kit and while the st450 looks great i wonder what is the difference sonically...

myke2242
replies: 27 views: 1,315
myke2242 8th March 2018

Any one using a Focusrite AM2.... i cannot get it on to my dante network. i am have several issues and i cannot figure out what...

THE_NIK
replies: 12 views: 516
THE_NIK 8th March 2018

I would like to start doing some mobile recordings with my AEA R88 and TRP preamp. I'm going to be recording in a few places...

andersmv
replies: 5 views: 512
Pohaku 8th March 2018

Not every 'mobile studio' has wheels on ! This might be of particular interest to the UK readers, as it's anchored on the...

studer58
replies: 3 views: 414
studer58 8th March 2018

Anyone know where I can get black anodised alloy bars (the same diameter as the bar the 154B comes with) in the UK to make this...

richgilb
replies: 45 views: 11,159
seanmccoy 8th March 2018

Does anyone know where I may be able to rent a single MK21 head in Eastern Canada/Nova Scotia? Studio Economik don't have one. I...

whippoorwill
replies: 1 views: 326
Newmann 7th March 2018
replies: 2 views: 481
hughshouse 7th March 2018

I have a pair of Equator D5 studio monitors. For about two years, they were great monitors, but they were also cheap monitors and...

Given To Fly
replies: 5 views: 505
Given To Fly 7th March 2018

To many Rudy Van Gelder is, the greatest recording engineer in jazz history. He was responsible for just about every session on...

Remoteness
replies: 140 views: 26,209
Remoteness 6th March 2018

It’s my understanding anniversary edition anagrams cannot be purchased any longer from Nagra (ATS - you know). Yet, I see them...

supoUSA
replies: 21 views: 876
Schoeller 6th March 2018

As a precursor, I've searched the forums rather excessively with no clear direction for my specific situation. My current...

Tenorbecker
replies: 34 views: 885
John Willett 6th March 2018

I just noticed today, while doing my annual inventory, that two of my Schoeps CMC5U amps have the notice "+5dB"...

tourtelot
replies: 14 views: 519
tourtelot 5th March 2018

Hello, I'll record a strings orchestra into a Church. I usually record with a couple of schoeps KM2s (AB omni) but I don't...

OrganMaster
replies: 26 views: 1,757
OrganMaster 5th March 2018

The DR-701D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEaU_7Nl1k

Johnmack
replies: 31 views: 4,932
Schoeller 4th March 2018

Does anyone have user experienced with the SE Electronics RN17 Rupert Neve SDCs for recording classical music? As usual (outside...

John Pk
replies: 0 views: 326
John Pk 4th March 2018

I am trying to keep a bunch of these going for the foreseeable future and I need the schematics and service manual. Alesis was...

tourtelot
replies: 17 views: 1,253
hughshouse 4th March 2018

Shapeways is hosting the manufacture of 3D printed APE spheres, as you can see here: 40mm Acoustic Sphere (20mm mic) (AZDHQKV6Q)...

studer58
replies: 30 views: 2,061
dseetoo 3rd March 2018

Sorry in advance for the lengthy post. I have been trying to love my Samar VL373A active stereo ribbon but I have concluded...

tourtelot
replies: 57 views: 1,957
Geoff Poulton 3rd March 2018

OK so I'm really unclear on the best practices here. Most people say, put M/S pair (or whatever stereo arrangement) up 8-12ft...

mo7ies
replies: 110 views: 8,136
Rolo 46 3rd March 2018

I need to demo a pair of DPA 4006A and DPA 4011. Who is the best or where can I obtain these for demo or rental?? I need for 1...

HelenaBzg
replies: 5 views: 393
celticrogues 2nd March 2018

Anyone experience with this? Can I contact anyone directly with some questions? thanks! huub

huub
replies: 36 views: 9,044
RevitalRecords 2nd March 2018

I have a bunch of questions about editing a classical music project: how do you guys handle the editing process of a CD?...

monitor
replies: 118 views: 5,225
aracu 2nd March 2018

Hello, Which one among the following stereo microphones would you recommand? - Sennheiser MKE 44-P?_ - Audio Technica...

amundsen
replies: 21 views: 9,553
kajo 1st March 2018

Hi, all -- I've been surfing a bit and have learned that for some ribbon mics (e.g. Royer 121, according to Royer's info),...

pianoman
replies: 13 views: 9,245
Thomas W. Bethe 1st March 2018

I ran into a problem today while testing a new XLR cable. I would appreciate some help here :) To reduce cable clutter I...

connloyalist
replies: 34 views: 860
Schoeller 28th February 2018

It was a Steinway C, and he was one of these serene wizards-- he'd carted the thing in a horse trailer to the hall, here, in...

joelpatterson
replies: 7 views: 668
Swing 28th February 2018

Hello folks, This topic is for making a Live Jazz Recording (not Live sound). In some situations (especially louder small...

ricola
replies: 29 views: 1,088
hughshouse 28th February 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search