The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm looking for a portable DAT or Minidisc player to start doing some location, sound effect, and sketchpad recordings. I was...

concentric
replies: 2 views: 2,370
halslars 8th September 2003

Have a friend who's a talented (jazz based) pianist. Any suggestions for using one microphone to record him playing the piano?...

chessparov
replies: 20 views: 13,504
chessparov 7th September 2003

I require a good vocal/ violin mic. My set up right now is; C 414 b-uls and\ or at4051 ...

Charles Cook
replies: 14 views: 3,625
David R. 4th September 2003

I am selling a good deal of studio and live sound gear. http://www.perfectsnd.com/For_Sale/for_sale.html Thanks. Any...

jkasko
replies: 0 views: 973
jkasko 3rd September 2003

I would have thought that this has been covered already, but I couldn't find it anywhere. The 201 (2ch) is a $1750 box while the...

hollywood_steve
replies: 14 views: 2,545
Richie Monroe 3rd September 2003

I am looking for a device that would let me use my flute as a midi input. I know the Roland VP-70 voice professor could do this...

stevemusic
replies: 2 views: 1,549
DanV 27th August 2003

I've got a bit much here to toss it under the actual "Show and Tell" so.... Basically, I have 3 different things to...

fifthcircle
replies: 9 views: 3,456
Jules 26th August 2003

Hey! I finally got to meet Steve Remote on a gig. It was at a well-known venue near Boston, for a well-known band. (I'm not sure...

gregrw
replies: 4 views: 2,426
springman 26th August 2003

Having a little fun with the dreaded "best under $XXX" title. Anyway... How do you guys rate the sound quality (or...

chessparov
replies: 18 views: 7,923
chessparov 26th August 2003

So...to start...this is my first time posting on this message board. But, I've been lurking and gaining a lot of education from...

bodenzord
replies: 5 views: 1,912
jwh1192 23rd August 2003

I learned the hard way that even a "quiet" fan is far too loud when recording soft acoustic instruments, like flute and...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 4,039
Remoteness 23rd August 2003

I had my first remote session today, and I gotta tell yas: I've got new respect and appreciation for the craft, and for you folks...

Curve Dominant
replies: 10 views: 2,252
gregrw 22nd August 2003

Steve called and asked me to assist him on his 7/13 gig recording the Allman Brothers at the Tweeter Center (formerly Great...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 17 views: 4,275
Jay Kahrs 18th August 2003

Hello all! I am a complete newbie to location recording and in need of some advice on a recording a five piece blues band. The...

bluespkr
replies: 4 views: 1,467
bluespkr 17th August 2003

You know the deal, you're doing your 2-mix of a live show - and a copy of it is about to drop into the hands of someone else...

JayCrouch
replies: 5 views: 3,113
Steve Smith 17th August 2003

I am starting a project tomorrow that consists of Acoustic guitar, upright bass and vocals. I am very unfamiliar with recording...

jjaacc1
replies: 21 views: 6,363
Dave Martin 15th August 2003

Ok so I have some friends in college who are making a sitcom pilot and actually have a really really funny concept. I was going...

Beezoboy
replies: 6 views: 1,868
Bob Olhsson 14th August 2003

Hi guys, We've been using a Behringer Powerplay headphone amp for ages (Yeh yeh, I know moist pro hittt) It works great...

RichT
replies: 14 views: 1,383
adamcal 11th August 2003

Well I have decided to do my next Live recording completely in the computer I will be using a g4, Motu DP4, Motu 2408, Motu...

giles117
replies: 6 views: 2,021
giles117 11th August 2003

I was very lucky yesterday and ended up with a "free" Coles 4038 ribbon mic after exchanging some baseball cards and...

hollywood_steve
replies: 4 views: 3,431
JayCrouch 11th August 2003

I have a mac 0s9 protools hd rig in my studio and some 2 track remote recording coming up this summer and lots of files(classical...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 11 views: 1,619

Hi folks, I'm looking for a replacement for a Beta 58 radio mic system. I'm due to do a live record with an artist who...

Beech
replies: 5 views: 1,869

Did my first gig last night with three new pieces of equipment; the Genex GX9000 that I've owned for several weeks, and the RME...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 3,358
Rick Sutton 10th August 2003

After reading Bruce Bartlett's piece on Stereo Miking Techniques on the Cassette House site, I'd like to try the Baffled Omni...

Mark
replies: 5 views: 3,118
McQ 8th August 2003

It's all fun and games until you have to do something you hate or work with the artist that's a total pain. What do you really...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 33 views: 3,049
Harvey Gerst 6th August 2003

Usually I ask to be credited as: Recorded by Paul Tumolo (Wildplum Recordings, Oakland, CA), assisted by… Sometimes that's...

wildplum
replies: 4 views: 2,072
Musiclab 1st August 2003

Curious as to how many of us rely/insist on matched pairs of mics, or pres, comps... I see the use in Classical esp, and it...

Steve Smith
replies: 7 views: 1,815
Musiclab 1st August 2003

What is the difference btw the DSP 2882 and the non-DSP unit? Does the DSP have any influence on multitracking apps? And can you...

jeronimo
replies: 5 views: 3,094
jeronimo 29th July 2003

Hi! Just curious to hear if someone knows anything about the Otari Status console? We are about to buy a new console to our...

MacMike
replies: 13 views: 10,950
MacMike 28th July 2003

Recording an Accordion this weekend,never miced one up before....Tune is a slowish/Americana/atomospheric type thing. Any...

Saucyjack
replies: 9 views: 7,826
De chromium cob 26th July 2003

I still have several empty slots on a 500 series type lunchbox and I'm considering filling all four with mic preamp modules. ...

hollywood_steve
replies: 13 views: 7,020
Beech 26th July 2003

Has anyone worked with a pair of Oktava MC-012 ? I heard lot of positive comments, someone even mentioned that a cardiod version...

ISedlacek
replies: 12 views: 7,234
alanhyatt 25th July 2003

For those in the LA area, I'm going to be involved with a couple pretty cool remote gigs. Unfortunately, I'm not doing the...

fifthcircle
replies: 0 views: 2,008
fifthcircle 25th July 2003

How much editing do you guys use on a drum recording with, lets say, a good drummer? Some misses but all in all a couple of good...

Magnus
replies: 58 views: 4,723
jeronimo 23rd July 2003

Alright, I have a 100gig 7200rpm but I don't think it's cutting the mustard in the multitracking speed dept. According to MOTU...

cleantone
replies: 14 views: 3,174
Musiclab 21st July 2003

Mine is a small studio which I use for creating my own acoustic music. I have top end DACS mic preamp and Apogee Rosetta AD (a...

ISedlacek
replies: 14 views: 4,122
Bernd G 20th July 2003

A potential client approached me and inquired about local stages and other facilities where we could record them "live"...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,474
jwh1192 19th July 2003

OK, I'll admit to never having worked with a flute before, except when mic'ing an entire orchestra with a simple stereo pair. ...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,444
fifthcircle 17th July 2003

Having heard a lot of great comments about ribbon mics and not being always completely happy with the sound of even the best...

ISedlacek
replies: 15 views: 2,685
ISedlacek 15th July 2003

I did a recording here in San Francisco for a client from Portland, OR. The idea was to take the tapes (DTRS, 24 bit) back to...

wildplum
replies: 0 views: 1,493
wildplum 10th July 2003

Has anybody who is NOT exclusively a Sound Reinforcement engineer used these? I am about to get one and would like some feedback...

Bernd G
replies: 3 views: 2,070
Remoteness 8th July 2003

Hi, Here's a couple of snapshots of the first in a series of remotes I'm doing with a folk group. Instead of the studio (where...

Rick Sutton
replies: 7 views: 1,798
Rick Sutton 6th July 2003

The problem with buying a good piece of gear is that you suddenly feel that you need to upgrade everything else. When I was...

hollywood_steve
replies: 28 views: 4,517
Plush 6th July 2003

I received my new Genex GX9000 over the weekend after some delays in getting my choice of hard drives installed. (recommendation...

hollywood_steve
replies: 16 views: 2,977
hollywood_steve 5th July 2003

There is a fierce debate on UK TV's Newsnight at the moment. Basically the UK government are going ahead with plans to...

Burt
replies: 20 views: 2,363
Teacher 4th July 2003

I need to be able to split my balanced (and perhaps unbalanced) signals between the ADC and the studio mixer for...

fross
replies: 10 views: 3,725
De chromium cob 2nd July 2003

I've got a horn secion coming in. (Alto sax, Tennor sax, Trumpet, Trombone, Bass trombone, tuba) I'm going to record them...

Chris Parsons
replies: 13 views: 3,528
fifthcircle 17th June 2003

Everybody is familiar with the Littlite products for use on consoles but I was wondering if something similar could work with a...

hollywood_steve
replies: 4 views: 1,392
Remoteness 16th June 2003

Hey all- need some quick advice on PAs. I need to get a good rig together for practices with my new band- mostly to pump...

BattleAngel
replies: 4 views: 1,577
jajjguy 11th June 2003

For the ongoing mobile PT rig... I've been trying to figure out how I want to arrange things in flight cases. I could...

mdbeh
replies: 1 views: 1,566
7rojo7 10th June 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search