The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

OK, we've got our favorite stereo pair of microphones wired up to a very nice stereo mic preamp and jacked right into our choice...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,272
Steve Smith 4th November 2002

Here's the setup: Small club. Punk band. 4 piece. I want to do a multitrack live recording. Nothing fancy. Decent quality will...

docgorpon
replies: 1 views: 2,016
Remoteness 27th October 2002

Hey Steve, great to see you moderating this forum! I contacted you a couple months ago regarding the startup mobile company my...

cajonezzz
replies: 5 views: 6,003
Remoteness 25th October 2002

thought about this while mixing a remote today.... do you usually spend time getting all the tracks clean, alligned, or even...

JayCrouch
replies: 6 views: 3,331
JayCrouch 23rd October 2002

Steve, back in the day I'm guessing that everything got tracked on 2" tape with 14" reels at about $300 a pop. How many...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 5 views: 2,453
Remoteness 23rd October 2002

Hope you gearslutz can give me some advice on this one : I am doing a lot of work outside my studio and therefore build a...

clipgod
replies: 9 views: 2,076
MIKEHARRIS 23rd October 2002

Hello out there, I do Live Feild recording using a 2 channel stereo Mic rig and am searching for a DC Powered Delay I can use...

datgeek
replies: 2 views: 1,992
datgeek 23rd October 2002

In the spirit of mixing something based around a pair of room mics, felt like seeing how many of you rely up stereo in your...

JayCrouch
replies: 1 views: 1,356
JayCrouch 22nd October 2002

Do you do it? How exactly? (please describe method) If so, does it sound better? (describe why) kfhkh

Jules
replies: 15 views: 6,451
Alécio Costa 21st October 2002

Some of you have met me in person and know what I look like. I've had long hair for about 12 or 13 years now. I decided a month...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 29 views: 1,743
Jax 18th October 2002

Speaker placement and there uses... When we record and/or mix on location, we place speakers in various positions around the...

Remoteness
replies: 4 views: 3,372
Sofa King 15th October 2002

Just read the thread on mic delay...I do it all the time and it does help! Easy as pie in a DAW! On another subject...mic...

postboy
replies: 9 views: 1,725
Remoteness 15th October 2002

To anyone who has a good idea. I rember seeing the Metalica movie where Hatfield is overdubing a track with out headphones and...

Raymond107
replies: 5 views: 2,152
Raymond107 14th October 2002

A buddy of mine sent this to me the other day. You got to check it out. This is one of the funniest webpages I've seen in a...

Remoteness
replies: 5 views: 1,774
Jay Kahrs 14th October 2002

Steve, How do you deal with mounting and maintaining the gear on the truck? Since we all know that electronics are usually...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 6 views: 2,189
Remoteness 8th October 2002

I was wondering what kind of documentation you normally do for a session. How in depth is it? Are you writing down everything...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 11 views: 1,397
Jay Kahrs 8th October 2002

Having known Steve for more than a few years and having both fixed his gear and used his truck I can say with complete confidence...

TMI
replies: 9 views: 4,469
Remoteness 8th October 2002

Please list percentage of times the mix is made during the concert - live or later Strategies used for either mix? Are...

Jules
replies: 3 views: 2,904
Sofa King 7th October 2002

Where do you believe the next generation technology innovations will come in location sound recording and what will be the...

dean the dream
replies: 2 views: 1,381
Bob Olhsson 7th October 2002

Most amateur attemps at a live type recording either try an Audio Technica stereo mic pointed at the audience, yet I've seen...

JayCrouch
replies: 1 views: 3,886
Remoteness 5th October 2002
replies: 10 views: 6,211
Remoteness 5th October 2002

Steve, you have some cool methods that you use can you share some? For drums Any other clip ons? kfhkh

Jules
replies: 13 views: 3,046
JayCrouch 4th October 2002

Hey Guys, Can anyone recommend a pair of Active monitors, Sub Genelec 1029 in size (and weight!!) that I can get...

MCal27
replies: 1 views: 2,349
Jules 3rd October 2002

this is interesting....2 ch. DSD conversion.... http://www.mytekdigital.com/dmaster.htm

nOiz
replies: 3 views: 5,542
nOiz 1st October 2002

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 4 views: 2,916
Remoteness 1st October 2002

Just finished a week of live dates here in KC with a bunch of diff bands.. last night, a good friend of mine played, and I was...

Steve Smith
replies: 2 views: 2,794
Steve Smith 15th September 2002

please help me acheive mid-fi excellence with $800 in purchasing a mic or mics. here's what i'm perhaps looking at to...

spandau fondue
replies: 14 views: 2,293
Jay Kahrs 4th September 2002

Howdy! We've got two fridge size racks(12 or so pieces of gear), a couple powered speakers, two headphone amps and a computer....

cajonezzz
replies: 2 views: 1,766
Remoteness 27th August 2002

I know this may not be the right place for this but, what are you guys using for classical music recording? This weekend both...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 10 views: 5,958
Moze 20th August 2002

Well, Bonnie Raitt and Lyle Lovett played at Nashville's Opry House last night. Lyle had his Large Band (17 people, counting him)...

Dave Martin
replies: 1 views: 2,230
sonic dogg 20th August 2002

Curious how the ATI 8mx2s compares to other boxes with 8 pres such as the true, the Pre from digi or others? I haven't heard any...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 15 views: 2,384
FOURTHTUNZ 19th August 2002

I do alot of live stuff in small bars and clubs and lately I've been taking my RNCs along. They are great in a live rig. With...

Logan
replies: 0 views: 1,361
Logan 18th August 2002

Ok, so our mobile rig is up and rockin....We're on Da 78's (3) and are considering putting together a DAW for the truck that...

cajonezzz
replies: 5 views: 3,800
subspace 11th August 2002

Does anyone know anything about the ultra cool gear shown in the ads in the back of Mix magazine the last few months? The ads...

hollywood_steve
replies: 8 views: 2,443
e-cue 5th August 2002

There have been several threads on RAP and elsewhere about looking to other industries for good boom stands. Rather than start...

hollywood_steve
replies: 29 views: 4,863
wurly 24th July 2002

So much emphasis is on large diaphram condensers that maybe a look at dynamics and ribbons might be an interesting change of...

chessparov
replies: 33 views: 7,634
moon_unit 13th July 2002

I've rather over spent on outboard and regret not investing in some cool backline pieces.. Anyone else? abduction

Jules
replies: 38 views: 3,858
sonic dogg 11th July 2002

The quest continues for an extremely straightforward method of summing 3 or 4 microphones to the stereo bus. When recording on...

hollywood_steve
replies: 8 views: 2,247
Jules 10th July 2002

Hi guys, After reading hundreds (literally!) of posts from all of you scattered across the web it's nice to find a forum in it's...

Ol' Betsey
replies: 13 views: 2,730
Jules 28th June 2002

I've given up on finding a super simple, line level only, basic 4x2 mixer for location recording; if it''s out there, I can't...

hollywood_steve
replies: 2 views: 2,026
cymatics 24th June 2002

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search