The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

First, let me try to assure you I'm not a troll. I just discovered this forum a month ago, and I've been lurking daily and...

Telepc
replies: 8 views: 8,647
Nathanael 19th October 2003

In "normal" studio construction, you build the walls with a couple of layers of dry wall, stud, more dry wall, air gap,...

Fletcher
replies: 9 views: 2,781
hrob 19th October 2003

I just got back from Harmony Lake, PA. I spent the night field testing a micro remote rig on George Wesley. A 50 y/o white farmer...

Richie Monroe
replies: 0 views: 1,403
Richie Monroe 19th October 2003

Well, This isn't really a remote truck, but I have done this for several years and strive to make it sound better every...

drmad69
replies: 4 views: 2,170
drmad69 17th October 2003

Being a predominately "rock" engineer, today I found myself in a quandry. A solo clarinet was recording some classical...

JordanDRUM
replies: 16 views: 4,900
zakco 17th October 2003

Im the live engineer for a band in chicago who will be doing a gig next week at navy pier. An associate will be in charge of...

Frost
replies: 9 views: 1,385
Frost 14th October 2003

Hello, I have to reccord a Jazz band, live in the studio. It's my first time with jazz and I'm extited like a child heh ...

salvator
replies: 17 views: 1,750
adamcal 14th October 2003

Does anyone know if it's possible to acoustically mask one side of a figure-8 microphone (in order to avoid phase cancellations,...

hywyn
replies: 11 views: 2,587
7rojo7 14th October 2003

Well, I guess that I'm committed to the remote lifestyle - I just sold my console. I swore that I would never do this, but after...

hollywood_steve
replies: 2 views: 1,041
Jules 13th October 2003

Our new Sytek MPX-4A (with Burr Browns on 3 & 4) arrived on Monday and so I've been making up appropriate cables to hook it...

RichT
replies: 28 views: 1,298
Jax 11th October 2003

Anybody have any info on the new mixers from Geoff Tanner at Aurora Audio or the one from Forsell? Has the Purple Audio mixer...

hollywood_steve
replies: 11 views: 3,036
Songhead 9th October 2003

Anyone using figure-8's such as Schoeps MK-8's for stereo recordings? Would this compare well with the current crop of omni's...

hywyn
replies: 14 views: 3,466
Henrik 6th October 2003

I know that this goes against everything that the Gearslutz brotherhood stands for, but it sure would make life simple if I could...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,856
Dot 4th October 2003

Are there any tricks to avoid having a) the sounds of the guitar rubbing against pant legs and/or b) arm on the body...

Carlos Boll
replies: 27 views: 4,566
caughtup 3rd October 2003

Can someone give me some suggestions for recording a B3...prfered mics selection, mic placement. Thanks

vudoo
replies: 18 views: 4,100
7rojo7 3rd October 2003

Looking for some way to mount 5 microphones for a surround sound experiment and I spent some time looking to see what's available...

hollywood_steve
replies: 10 views: 2,221
Ruphus 1st October 2003

I get a call about doing a remote at a really nice sounding theatre near pittsburgh (palace theatre). The call went something...

bjornson
replies: 4 views: 4,344
Remoteness 1st October 2003

Hi! I have the prospect to record a school choir soon, and was thinking of using a Sennheiser MKH 416 and a Schoeps CMC-5...

hywyn
replies: 13 views: 2,403
e-cue 1st October 2003

Okay. I've been asked to do a remote recording of an Opera singer in an Irish bar. He'll be walking around the crowd most of the...

Lunatic
replies: 16 views: 2,324
Lunatic 30th September 2003

Hello, First time post here. First off let me say...Great Forum! I am an engineer and need to design and build a mobile...

SLS
replies: 14 views: 4,413
SLS 26th September 2003

When flying mics in a theatre, how do you attach the mic to the cable? I will be working with mics that are FAR to large and...

hollywood_steve
replies: 8 views: 4,374
jwh1192 25th September 2003

I have a remote gig coming up, micing up a grand piano in a church I have Km184's,oktava 012's and sennheiser 441's for pairs of...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 24 views: 3,972
littledog 24th September 2003

I very recently received a matched-pair of soon-to-be-released omni mics to play around with... The mic has been dubbed the...

20to20
replies: 5 views: 1,736
caughtup 22nd September 2003

Does anyone have any experince with these mics? Did a bit of reading over the weekend about 'em and they sound very, very...

ExistanceMusic
replies: 29 views: 2,692
Magic Genie 22nd September 2003
replies: - views: -
ExistanceMusic 22nd September 2003

Hey remote guys, posted this last night in the "So much gear..." forum, only thought of linking it here...

ExistanceMusic
replies: 1 views: 1,400
JayCrouch 21st September 2003

Anyone had a look at these, they arent out yet but what do you think, They are very cheep, $500 australian wow! cut like $1300...

neopotato
replies: 45 views: 4,818
jazzius II 17th September 2003

Hi All, I know most of yall are rocknrollers , but anyone have experience with Salsa/Latin sessions? Looking for...

tonio
replies: 11 views: 2,247
tonio 16th September 2003

Could somebody line out the differnces between the two Neumann SD condensers, KM84 and KM140? Thanks!

Nutmeg II.
replies: 8 views: 3,025
malice 13th September 2003

Hi - I have been hanging around here for a while. I thought it was about time I registered and made some sought of...

GKennedy
replies: 1 views: 1,241
bopmachine 12th September 2003

I'm sure plenty of you guys have seen this, or at least the prior VHS version. The reviews all make it sound like the...

hollywood_steve
replies: 10 views: 3,646
Plush 11th September 2003

i often hear how people like micin strings with ribbons. latlely i had a session with quartet and a solo violinst, i tried to...

lowswing
replies: 11 views: 2,293
toolstudio 11th September 2003

boing hi there, im fresh kill around here, a radio reporter and documentary maker with a big interest in sound. Ive...

woodentopz
replies: 2 views: 1,323
ExistanceMusic 11th September 2003

What is the most effective advertising for you in your market? I am sitting here wondering if print is even "in"...

Lowdbrent
replies: 8 views: 1,534
bjornson 11th September 2003

Ok all you big-end remote guys; time to give some advice for a guy on the other end of the scale. This is kinda the sequel to...

ExistanceMusic
replies: 0 views: 1,689
ExistanceMusic 10th September 2003

This is pretty basic stuff here, but a camera man said a couple things that kinda threw me a curve. I'm working on a project...

e-cue
replies: 14 views: 2,141
Bob Olhsson 9th September 2003

Hi all! I will be working with a philharmonic in the next days. I'll recording the live concert and want to know some tips...

Dr. Cuso
replies: 6 views: 1,530
Dr. Cuso 9th September 2003

It seems like I'm pretty much alone in my interest for documentaries on historic recording projects. Maybe because it is such an...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,009
bjornson 9th September 2003

I'm looking for a portable DAT or Minidisc player to start doing some location, sound effect, and sketchpad recordings. I was...

concentric
replies: 2 views: 2,342
halslars 8th September 2003

Have a friend who's a talented (jazz based) pianist. Any suggestions for using one microphone to record him playing the piano?...

chessparov
replies: 20 views: 12,836
chessparov 7th September 2003

I require a good vocal/ violin mic. My set up right now is; C 414 b-uls and\ or at4051 ...

Charles Cook
replies: 14 views: 3,561
David R. 4th September 2003

I am selling a good deal of studio and live sound gear. http://www.perfectsnd.com/For_Sale/for_sale.html Thanks. Any...

jkasko
replies: 0 views: 961
jkasko 3rd September 2003

I would have thought that this has been covered already, but I couldn't find it anywhere. The 201 (2ch) is a $1750 box while the...

hollywood_steve
replies: 14 views: 2,481
Richie Monroe 3rd September 2003

I am looking for a device that would let me use my flute as a midi input. I know the Roland VP-70 voice professor could do this...

stevemusic
replies: 2 views: 1,521
DanV 27th August 2003

I've got a bit much here to toss it under the actual "Show and Tell" so.... Basically, I have 3 different things to...

fifthcircle
replies: 9 views: 3,387
Jules 26th August 2003

Hey! I finally got to meet Steve Remote on a gig. It was at a well-known venue near Boston, for a well-known band. (I'm not sure...

gregrw
replies: 4 views: 2,386
springman 26th August 2003

Having a little fun with the dreaded "best under $XXX" title. Anyway... How do you guys rate the sound quality (or...

chessparov
replies: 18 views: 7,668
chessparov 26th August 2003

So...to start...this is my first time posting on this message board. But, I've been lurking and gaining a lot of education from...

bodenzord
replies: 5 views: 1,883
jwh1192 23rd August 2003

I learned the hard way that even a "quiet" fan is far too loud when recording soft acoustic instruments, like flute and...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 3,974
Remoteness 23rd August 2003

I had my first remote session today, and I gotta tell yas: I've got new respect and appreciation for the craft, and for you folks...

Curve Dominant
replies: 10 views: 2,216
gregrw 22nd August 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search