The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

What is the difference btw the DSP 2882 and the non-DSP unit? Does the DSP have any influence on multitracking apps? And can you...

jeronimo
replies: 5 views: 3,028
jeronimo 29th July 2003

Hi! Just curious to hear if someone knows anything about the Otari Status console? We are about to buy a new console to our...

MacMike
replies: 13 views: 10,769
MacMike 28th July 2003

Recording an Accordion this weekend,never miced one up before....Tune is a slowish/Americana/atomospheric type thing. Any...

Saucyjack
replies: 9 views: 7,730
De chromium cob 26th July 2003

I still have several empty slots on a 500 series type lunchbox and I'm considering filling all four with mic preamp modules. ...

hollywood_steve
replies: 13 views: 6,863
Beech 26th July 2003

Has anyone worked with a pair of Oktava MC-012 ? I heard lot of positive comments, someone even mentioned that a cardiod version...

ISedlacek
replies: 12 views: 7,160
alanhyatt 25th July 2003

For those in the LA area, I'm going to be involved with a couple pretty cool remote gigs. Unfortunately, I'm not doing the...

fifthcircle
replies: 0 views: 1,965
fifthcircle 25th July 2003

How much editing do you guys use on a drum recording with, lets say, a good drummer? Some misses but all in all a couple of good...

Magnus
replies: 58 views: 4,554
jeronimo 23rd July 2003

Alright, I have a 100gig 7200rpm but I don't think it's cutting the mustard in the multitracking speed dept. According to MOTU...

cleantone
replies: 14 views: 3,096
Musiclab 21st July 2003

Mine is a small studio which I use for creating my own acoustic music. I have top end DACS mic preamp and Apogee Rosetta AD (a...

ISedlacek
replies: 14 views: 4,066
Bernd G 20th July 2003

A potential client approached me and inquired about local stages and other facilities where we could record them "live"...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,438
jwh1192 19th July 2003

OK, I'll admit to never having worked with a flute before, except when mic'ing an entire orchestra with a simple stereo pair. ...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,395
fifthcircle 17th July 2003

Having heard a lot of great comments about ribbon mics and not being always completely happy with the sound of even the best...

ISedlacek
replies: 15 views: 2,641
ISedlacek 15th July 2003

I did a recording here in San Francisco for a client from Portland, OR. The idea was to take the tapes (DTRS, 24 bit) back to...

wildplum
replies: 0 views: 1,461
wildplum 10th July 2003

Has anybody who is NOT exclusively a Sound Reinforcement engineer used these? I am about to get one and would like some feedback...

Bernd G
replies: 3 views: 2,030
Remoteness 8th July 2003

Hi, Here's a couple of snapshots of the first in a series of remotes I'm doing with a folk group. Instead of the studio (where...

Rick Sutton
replies: 7 views: 1,761
Rick Sutton 6th July 2003

The problem with buying a good piece of gear is that you suddenly feel that you need to upgrade everything else. When I was...

hollywood_steve
replies: 28 views: 4,459
Plush 6th July 2003

I received my new Genex GX9000 over the weekend after some delays in getting my choice of hard drives installed. (recommendation...

hollywood_steve
replies: 16 views: 2,923
hollywood_steve 5th July 2003

There is a fierce debate on UK TV's Newsnight at the moment. Basically the UK government are going ahead with plans to...

Burt
replies: 20 views: 2,313
Teacher 4th July 2003

I need to be able to split my balanced (and perhaps unbalanced) signals between the ADC and the studio mixer for...

fross
replies: 10 views: 3,621
De chromium cob 2nd July 2003

I've got a horn secion coming in. (Alto sax, Tennor sax, Trumpet, Trombone, Bass trombone, tuba) I'm going to record them...

Chris Parsons
replies: 13 views: 3,433
fifthcircle 17th June 2003

Everybody is familiar with the Littlite products for use on consoles but I was wondering if something similar could work with a...

hollywood_steve
replies: 4 views: 1,372
Remoteness 16th June 2003

Hey all- need some quick advice on PAs. I need to get a good rig together for practices with my new band- mostly to pump...

BattleAngel
replies: 4 views: 1,542
jajjguy 11th June 2003

For the ongoing mobile PT rig... I've been trying to figure out how I want to arrange things in flight cases. I could...

mdbeh
replies: 1 views: 1,539
7rojo7 10th June 2003

I'm considering the purchase of an 8 track recorder for location use but this will require that I bring a lot more mic preamps...

hollywood_steve
replies: 20 views: 4,247
Remoteness 3rd June 2003

Ok when the new 15 inch powerbook comes out I will have my first portable notebook to sit along my powermac and my ipod (yay...

etherize
replies: 4 views: 4,389
mwagener 1st June 2003

I am guessing the remote forum is the place where this question should be asked. I have 32 tracks of DTRS recorded at a live...

joeq
replies: 3 views: 1,650
joeq 31st May 2003

I'm still trying to determine the difference between DVD-RW and DVD+RW and which format supports the AES31 file format? My new...

hollywood_steve
replies: 1 views: 2,431
Roland 31st May 2003

I remember seeing a thread on this a while back but i can't seem to find it. I know some cats out there are recording local...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 5 views: 3,373
Frost 30th May 2003

im doing a remote gig this next friday so i have one week to get everything together. i have the video crew together with 4...

alphajerk
replies: 13 views: 1,270
Ol' Betsey 27th May 2003

With a Mk 41 capsule...... Anyone used this one? Amund

plexi
replies: 8 views: 1,697
vudoo 26th May 2003

Hey all, How do you deal with the FOH guy? Who makes the call regarding mics and mic placement? Most of the time, I am the...

Walling1
replies: 9 views: 1,758
gregrw 23rd May 2003

What's the most durable mic clip for use with KM84s? I've never gotten a clip with any of my pre-owned 84s or 86s. I'm guessing...

GigaBoy
replies: 10 views: 1,480
rmx16 23rd May 2003

The GX9000 recorders are supposedly being delivered to customers at a slow but steady pace. Mine is due within a week or so and...

hollywood_steve
replies: 4 views: 2,310
Rick Sutton 21st May 2003

Hey all here are some pics from a remote tracking session I just got back from in Cali.. the rig belongs to the Producer, really...

Steve Smith
replies: 10 views: 1,266
Steve Smith 21st May 2003

This unit Mytek claimed to replace 1/2 inch 2 track recorderMytek DSD Recorder MSRP $5995 Damn!kfhkh

jbchef
replies: 6 views: 4,180
e-cue 20th May 2003

I'm sure there have got to be some interesting stories out there. Have you ever had that moment where everything goes into slow...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 15 views: 2,303
DeadPoet 19th May 2003

Anybody here going to the presentation of the live DSD surround recording of the Count Basie Orchestra, presented by Genex,...

hollywood_steve
replies: 5 views: 2,434
hollywood_steve 19th May 2003

Gonna need a 4ch mic preamp to use with the new Genex 8ch recorder and I want to get some "clean" preamps as I already...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,741
Remoteness 19th May 2003

I am trying to find info. on building a recording studio out of a van such as a Westfalia. Does anyone know of where I should...

Miel
replies: 1 views: 1,347
Remoteness 18th May 2003

Hi, I'm looking at recording an artist with a full orchestra and 100 piece choir, plus backing singers and a rhythm section. ...

Beech
replies: 2 views: 1,157
Remoteness 18th May 2003

What technique would you employ if you had to record a steel strung acoustic guitar to accompany a voice. I have about £500 to...

neilsby
replies: 50 views: 8,381
Mark 15th May 2003

What do you mobile gearslutz do when recording audience? What mics? What do you try to capture, mostly audience or venue...

TinderArts
replies: 4 views: 3,892
jwh1192 15th May 2003

A friend of mine is looking for a remote solution : He has : Titanium powerbook 500 He wants : to make...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 13 views: 1,287
tunesmith 13th May 2003
replies: 6 views: 1,745
7rojo7 8th May 2003

Excellant condition! Yeah, new paint only... http://www.leonrussellrecords.com/personal.htm Check it. grudge howdy

Jay Kahrs
replies: 3 views: 1,662
David R. 7th May 2003

So here we go..... I have been ordered to make a live-production of a Gospel-choir concert. At the same time they've requested...

barforama
replies: 3 views: 2,707
Remoteness 7th May 2003

Looking to go a bit more High end with a Compressor. Right now I have Two LA4's and want a Nice Single channel Comp/Limt For...

Dog BBQ
replies: 3 views: 2,339
Steve Smith 7th May 2003

I just got in and found it in my mailbox. Big black cover with white letters that say; "What can save the music...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 26 views: 2,028
Ted Nightshade 6th May 2003

Any suggestions for places that rent edit bays or small production offices by the month? Something in the 10'x12' to 15'x12'...

hollywood_steve
replies: 2 views: 1,018
hollywood_steve 5th May 2003

Hello everybody, I'm planning in a near future a big upgrade in my studio, but right now I'm starting to get confused, maybe you...

jeronimo
replies: 34 views: 8,251
jeronimo 5th May 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search