The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I looked this up on here but got little info.. Basically what i want is a field recorder with these options.. at least an...

excellrec
replies: 11 views: 4,573
dstrom 7th April 2004

First off, sorry for the long post. Just spent big bucks (for me) on a pair of Schoeps cmc64's + MK 8 cap. Now I'm in the...

kidtexas
replies: 11 views: 2,217
Ted Nightshade 7th April 2004

Curious to see what people have to say about the different 8 channel pres out there, I am looking into getting 16 channels of...

mattasbob
replies: 13 views: 1,704
Wiggy Neve Slut 7th April 2004

Hello everybody. I'm posting this as I'm looking forward for your opinions on multicore snakes, here's the scenario: I'm...

Gerax
replies: 26 views: 3,696
Gerax 7th April 2004

hi all. i've been using my G4 powerbook and m-box for live recording for some time...works well but limiting. i do want to...

djs
replies: 6 views: 1,244
djs 3rd April 2004

Can anyone inform me about the differences between mk4 and mk5? I've been offered a mk4 but someone here posted that they are...

jazzmitts
replies: 4 views: 2,032
jazzmitts 3rd April 2004

Hello all, Im looking to rent a Yamaha DM2000 and 48 chs of TDIF cards. April 19-20-21. Any leads would be...

Sofa King
replies: 2 views: 1,663
Sofa King 1st April 2004

Hi all. I'm not sure this is the right forum but anyway... I'm buying gear to start doing some location work and I want to do...

stampen
replies: 24 views: 3,047
bslotte 1st April 2004

I´m going to record a jazz trio and would like some suggestions for mic choice and mic placement. Double bass,...

echorec
replies: 50 views: 6,235
echorec 1st April 2004

Last summer I bought a setup consisting of an iBook, an Mbox, and a Rode NT4 for recording my small acoustic jazz ensembles. I...

joesmohello
replies: 25 views: 10,980
Jay Kahrs 31st March 2004

I've been asked to rack up a flypack for a 4 day jazz gig in Dubai, (United Arab Emirates). I was thinking about the mx 2424...

bjornson
replies: 4 views: 921
7rojo7 30th March 2004

kick drum with two heads vs kick drum with only one head: I have only recorded with one head on the kick in the past and I...

jdier
replies: 29 views: 2,150
jdier 30th March 2004

I have a problem with a strong hum when connecting Lexicon through analog inserts cables to Digi 002. I have borrowed a hi-fi...

ISedlacek
replies: 3 views: 3,887
chap 30th March 2004

hey all - thinking of branching out from not just recording in my little studio but recording live gigs and taking them back to...

TOR
replies: 23 views: 2,364
seedee701 29th March 2004

I am in need of a little guidance. I am trying to start a small location sound business. I have already have a Tascam DA-P1 Dat...

boringstatue
replies: 5 views: 4,192
djs 29th March 2004

Def go with a Cd burner... The Tascam Stuff rocks.. CDR 2K 1K even the CDR 700 works well, and they can be had hella...

Steve Smith
replies: 11 views: 1,445
Remoteness 28th March 2004

Tomorrow evening I will be visiting the facility where I may be recording two performances in April. I have never worked at (or...

hollywood_steve
replies: 1 views: 2,642
Remoteness 26th March 2004

Some friends of mine want PA setup and they play pretty chill acoustic/keys pop music at this point (they may add rocker band...

jbuntz
replies: 1 views: 754
Ari 26th March 2004

I just got an email from a producer of a major network TV program. They intend to use music from the Curve Lab, and they're...

Curve Dominant
replies: 25 views: 8,517
lefthando 23rd March 2004

This perfectly transparent pre (and remote), which has served me very well, is now up for sale to finance some mixing gear. I'm...

cdog
replies: 0 views: 1,340
cdog 21st March 2004

I know that this isn't 'really' the place for this, but you guys come closer to it than anyone I hang out with... What power...

Dave Martin
replies: 33 views: 4,085
btdigital 20th March 2004

Have any of you studio owner's operating as a business done any of this before? If so what conclusions have you come to? I'm...

transfiguration
replies: 5 views: 2,016
Plush 20th March 2004

some poor quality photos from the Ebell Theatre with its 3/13 Barton organ:

hollywood_steve
replies: 14 views: 2,375
Fred 19th March 2004

I know that I'm not the only location guy that doesn't maintain a full "proper" studio. My new space (all 120SF of...

hollywood_steve
replies: 5 views: 1,034
hollywood_steve 19th March 2004

I have several components that I want to locate near my listening position and I would like to keep the overall enclosure as...

hollywood_steve
replies: 14 views: 7,918
Jay Kahrs 17th March 2004

I am selling my matched pair of KM184s and buying a matched pair of Schoeps. Do you guys recommend the CMC6 body and the MK4...

gabler
replies: 9 views: 2,641
Ameyerson 17th March 2004

I've got the gig of recording acoustic sessions of bands that are on tour in our area for the local FM station 'The Quay...

RichT
replies: 9 views: 2,079
RichT 15th March 2004

Where can I purchase mic stand clips for doing perfect X/Y overhead set ups. Similar to this i found in another thread on this...

eventime
replies: 7 views: 3,574
Etnier 14th March 2004

I'm looking to get a pair of SD omnis. Would you guys recommend Schoeps CMC62's or Earthworks QTC1's? If the Schoeps, would you...

kidtexas
replies: 140 views: 20,809
Bob Olhsson 12th March 2004

If anyone needs a truly portable high res recorder I recommend checking it out- It retails at about 1500. and though they...

charles maynes
replies: 3 views: 2,045
Ari 12th March 2004

I'm the Chief Engineer at WCVF in Fredonia and our speakers are absolute rubbish. Between the pair we have about one speaker and...

thediscoking
replies: 4 views: 1,697
sonare 12th March 2004

I just want to draw gearslutz attention to a preamp I purchased recently which I consider to be a real bargain (particularly to...

cally
replies: 4 views: 2,572
Riccardo 10th March 2004

How is the AT 4053a for recording acoustic instuments - guitar, mandolin, etc.? Graph shows it is flatter than the 4051,...

Tim T
replies: 3 views: 5,611
Tousana 9th March 2004

anybody have any links? i already know about whisper... thanks

Mastering101
replies: 5 views: 1,936
Mastering101 6th March 2004

Anyone know anything about the revised model Mixer coming from Dangerous? The existing model was supposed to get some...

hollywood_steve
replies: 3 views: 1,245
Fred Z 6th March 2004

hey everyone! this is my 1st post here, but i've got a few logged in over at hc and homerec. anyways, im looking at selling a...

culfire5
replies: 8 views: 1,567
kidtexas 4th March 2004

Ok Movie buffs, I'm working on some sounds for a movie and I need to record the sound of people walking in the snow. I have...

RZ-1
replies: 15 views: 2,792
Jay Kahrs 4th March 2004

What mic 2 use for live acustic recording direct to 2 track at budget price...

miziq
replies: 9 views: 1,395
jpschust 27th February 2004

I'm looking at the Metric Halo ULN-2 for multitracking (no more than 2 tracks per run) on an older G4 400 with 1GB RAM to SX. It...

lomola
replies: 5 views: 2,655
jajjguy 26th February 2004
replies: - views: -
rmx16 25th February 2004

Hello everyone. I've got this Lynx 2-C card, and one of it's features is LTC sync generating and receiving. I plan to use...

Bravin Neff
replies: 15 views: 2,605
syncro 25th February 2004

Hi fellow Slutz, I am going to record a live show in a local Jazz Club next week. I have quite a bit of experience in...

sharpeleven
replies: 5 views: 4,866
Remoteness 24th February 2004

I recently did a gig with a local orchestra at a church and thought I'd share a small sample. It was a real low key kind of...

SLS
replies: 12 views: 2,679
SLS 24th February 2004

this weekend and sat in on the Detroit Symphony Orchestra's Saturday concert: Dvorak: Symphony #8, Rodrigo: Concierto de...

Nathanael
replies: 1 views: 717
jwspencer 22nd February 2004
David Herbert 22nd February 2004

hey guys, im finally getting into building my pc based recording system. the idea is that is all housed in one 24 space rack...

jon daly
replies: 1 views: 976
cdog 19th February 2004

So I've been running my monitors out of the Digi 001 main outs, when it finally occurred to me that I should probably run them...

Mike Jasper
replies: 32 views: 7,919
Femto 18th February 2004

Howdy, I'm curious how many folks currently use RADAR for remote/on-location work? How do you like it for what you do? ...

jazzbutcher
replies: 1 views: 1,184
Sofa King 18th February 2004

Hello, I've recently subscribed to gearslutz and have been interested by your suggestions for various mic and pre...

siambient
replies: 68 views: 10,476
Ted Nightshade 16th February 2004
natpub 11th February 2004

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search