The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Although I'll need some time to scrape the bucks together, I don't see anyway to avoid another mic preamp purchase down the road....

hollywood_steve
replies: 12 views: 1,817
Lynn Fuston 3rd May 2004

cadac c-type 5.1 compact location recording console. looks interesting for a multitude of purposes. comments,...

audiothings
replies: 3 views: 3,396
Unbound 2nd May 2004

Saw this on ebay a bit ago. Someone bid on it and won it. http://telefunkenusa.com/mobiletruck/ It went for...

Unbound
replies: 3 views: 1,672
Remoteness 2nd May 2004

The lack of interest in stereo recording and stereo mics seems to have resulted in an unusual situation. The AKG C34 and Neumann...

hollywood_steve
replies: 9 views: 2,925
Jburn34 1st May 2004

I have a friend who's a killer jazz bass player. We're thinking of picking up the Millenia TD-1 Recording System for on road use...

betsy
replies: 13 views: 2,320
TC5 30th April 2004

anyone have any tips on how to get good sounds? anyone use a ribbon for the sides? how should i be monitoring it?

zimv20
replies: 20 views: 4,413
Ted Nightshade 29th April 2004
replies: - views: -
Waylon 29th April 2004

Can anyone recommend a battery powered ADC for use as part of a field recording set up? I know the Apogee MiniMe is highly...

tee boy
replies: 5 views: 2,038
atticus 28th April 2004

Hey all. I'm doing a report for my Introduction to Celtic Music course on the production techniques used to capture the...

BattleAngel
replies: 10 views: 2,850
jazzbutcher 28th April 2004

Anyone have experience with both earplugs? Researching them, it seems both use the same filters. Is this true? Any advice on...

solo-act
replies: 10 views: 5,911
Frost 26th April 2004

I'd like to get into surround by recording some local live shows with a DVD / surround mix in mind. what surround specific ...

cajonezzz
replies: 11 views: 2,599
fifthcircle 25th April 2004

Thinking about the cables that I will need for an upcoming gig, I reaslized that I almost always use a stereo pair placed a...

hollywood_steve
replies: 5 views: 2,224
sonare 25th April 2004

Just wondering if anyone can comment on the various coincident and near coincident stereo mic configurations and how they perform...

hollywood_steve
replies: 6 views: 1,267
7rojo7 23rd April 2004

Hey folks, I don't know if this is the right forum to post such a question or not, but I'm gonna give it a spin and will go...

jazzbutcher
replies: 3 views: 1,172
PlugHead 23rd April 2004

Hey Charles, I'm about to record strings for the first time. (Quartet and solo) and I'm trying to decide which mics to...

1nation
replies: 10 views: 2,305
fifthcircle 23rd April 2004

Just curious if anyone else has found any modular products among all of the dozen or more new line mixers now offered by almost...

hollywood_steve
replies: 5 views: 2,115
hollywood_steve 22nd April 2004

Just got the word that a seminar company I record for has been sold and the gear will be living in their warehouse to be shipped...

inaudio
replies: 5 views: 2,571
hollywood_steve 21st April 2004
jho 19th April 2004

Hi all, I'm new to live/mobile recording, and this site has been a big help, thanks! One page I found at the Jensen...

Unbound
replies: 0 views: 1,577
Unbound 18th April 2004

Hey all I'm looking for a mic that would work well on vocals, drum overheads, and acoustic guitars. I tried the Soundelux...

johnnyblotter
replies: 63 views: 5,740
Ianneve 17th April 2004

Not the POS they sell @ SamAsh for $30 (and I trashed the receipt ...). On that model you can't really adjust the mics individual...

RaGe
replies: 9 views: 2,518
ToddP 15th April 2004

So, I do a Sunday morning gig as a worship leader at a local church, and I use a headset mic to sing and play keyboards at the...

smoothmoniker
replies: 1 views: 1,491
ddavid 14th April 2004
audiothings 13th April 2004

I bought some used jbl eon 1500's for monitors and occasional dj use. They're fine for the dj thing but seem prone to feedback...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 3 views: 2,096
FOURTHTUNZ 10th April 2004

I recorded a band's cd release party the other night. Took a fly pack of 2 focusrite platinums and one true precision 8 pres and...

bjornson
replies: 8 views: 1,141
fifthcircle 10th April 2004

I just met with a client last night concerning an interesting gig planned for next month. I will be recording a small musical...

hollywood_steve
replies: 7 views: 1,317
jwh1192 10th April 2004

Has everybody seen the new issue of Pro Sound News with the article on the new jazz performance complex at Lincoln Center? There...

hollywood_steve
replies: 1 views: 1,337
Remoteness 9th April 2004

I learned some harsh lessons at a gig last night. Hopefully some of you can benefit from my mistakes and misfortune. It's a...

paulhurt
replies: 17 views: 3,004
elninojesus 7th April 2004

I looked this up on here but got little info.. Basically what i want is a field recorder with these options.. at least an...

excellrec
replies: 11 views: 4,530
dstrom 7th April 2004

First off, sorry for the long post. Just spent big bucks (for me) on a pair of Schoeps cmc64's + MK 8 cap. Now I'm in the...

kidtexas
replies: 11 views: 2,193
Ted Nightshade 7th April 2004

Curious to see what people have to say about the different 8 channel pres out there, I am looking into getting 16 channels of...

mattasbob
replies: 13 views: 1,694
Wiggy Neve Slut 7th April 2004

Hello everybody. I'm posting this as I'm looking forward for your opinions on multicore snakes, here's the scenario: I'm...

Gerax
replies: 26 views: 3,673
Gerax 7th April 2004

hi all. i've been using my G4 powerbook and m-box for live recording for some time...works well but limiting. i do want to...

djs
replies: 6 views: 1,234
djs 3rd April 2004

Can anyone inform me about the differences between mk4 and mk5? I've been offered a mk4 but someone here posted that they are...

jazzmitts
replies: 4 views: 2,017
jazzmitts 3rd April 2004

Hello all, Im looking to rent a Yamaha DM2000 and 48 chs of TDIF cards. April 19-20-21. Any leads would be...

Sofa King
replies: 2 views: 1,656
Sofa King 1st April 2004

Hi all. I'm not sure this is the right forum but anyway... I'm buying gear to start doing some location work and I want to do...

stampen
replies: 24 views: 3,030
bslotte 1st April 2004

I´m going to record a jazz trio and would like some suggestions for mic choice and mic placement. Double bass,...

echorec
replies: 50 views: 6,209
echorec 1st April 2004

Last summer I bought a setup consisting of an iBook, an Mbox, and a Rode NT4 for recording my small acoustic jazz ensembles. I...

joesmohello
replies: 25 views: 10,898
Jay Kahrs 31st March 2004

I've been asked to rack up a flypack for a 4 day jazz gig in Dubai, (United Arab Emirates). I was thinking about the mx 2424...

bjornson
replies: 4 views: 910
7rojo7 30th March 2004

kick drum with two heads vs kick drum with only one head: I have only recorded with one head on the kick in the past and I...

jdier
replies: 29 views: 2,136
jdier 30th March 2004

I have a problem with a strong hum when connecting Lexicon through analog inserts cables to Digi 002. I have borrowed a hi-fi...

ISedlacek
replies: 3 views: 3,858
chap 30th March 2004

hey all - thinking of branching out from not just recording in my little studio but recording live gigs and taking them back to...

TOR
replies: 23 views: 2,343
seedee701 29th March 2004

I am in need of a little guidance. I am trying to start a small location sound business. I have already have a Tascam DA-P1 Dat...

boringstatue
replies: 5 views: 4,166
djs 29th March 2004

Def go with a Cd burner... The Tascam Stuff rocks.. CDR 2K 1K even the CDR 700 works well, and they can be had hella...

Steve Smith
replies: 11 views: 1,435
Remoteness 28th March 2004

Tomorrow evening I will be visiting the facility where I may be recording two performances in April. I have never worked at (or...

hollywood_steve
replies: 1 views: 2,620
Remoteness 26th March 2004

Some friends of mine want PA setup and they play pretty chill acoustic/keys pop music at this point (they may add rocker band...

jbuntz
replies: 1 views: 749
Ari 26th March 2004

I just got an email from a producer of a major network TV program. They intend to use music from the Curve Lab, and they're...

Curve Dominant
replies: 25 views: 8,461
lefthando 23rd March 2004

This perfectly transparent pre (and remote), which has served me very well, is now up for sale to finance some mixing gear. I'm...

cdog
replies: 0 views: 1,323
cdog 21st March 2004

I know that this isn't 'really' the place for this, but you guys come closer to it than anyone I hang out with... What power...

Dave Martin
replies: 33 views: 4,048
btdigital 20th March 2004

Have any of you studio owner's operating as a business done any of this before? If so what conclusions have you come to? I'm...

transfiguration
replies: 5 views: 1,989
Plush 20th March 2004

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search