The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have invited a great guitar player I know to come over and jam and record a few tunes. My music room is not really built as a...

Jaker
replies: 11 views: 908
Stradivariusz 2 weeks ago

Just detected this on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGebCVb1CUM On edit: No more gain setting, it is like RAW for...

DirkP
replies: 32 views: 3,183
studer58 2 weeks ago

Any thoughts on this as a high quality stereo on location recording mixer? SiX | Solid State Logic

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 19 views: 4,145
bluedot 2 weeks ago

Hello, I'm still thinking of expanding the channel count on my mobile setup. Adding a Mixpre 10 would be a bit over my budget. As...

rojaros
replies: 53 views: 1,771
emenelton 2 weeks ago

I was going to lunch with a friend and tripped on a parking curb in the restaurant's parking lot. I now have a hairline fracture...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 11 views: 762
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hello, all! I just happened on this recording session video of some Beethoven sonatas, and was curious to see if anyone could...

tuba_noise
replies: 4 views: 700
David Rick 2 weeks ago

How would you record it? Concert of a film music - orchestra and singers, big hall, probably not that good acoustics. Would know...

Stradivariusz
replies: 19 views: 920
boojum 2 weeks ago

Quick question, is it ok (without loss of quality) to plug an acoustic guitar pickup into DI box #1 that is connected (via XLR)...

Folkie
replies: 11 views: 939
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

There are a few things that I address with all our interns and the newbies that come through our place. Here's one of the...

Remoteness
replies: 41 views: 2,796
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

How do you feel about those engineers that play the game to gain their fame without the proper level of technical prowess? I...

Remoteness
replies: 65 views: 6,145
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

Add to front array pointing back, or hang them out in the hall? Why? Cheers, 3rd&4thT

3rd&4thT
replies: 30 views: 3,673
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Most of the folks that follow this forum are in the live capture side of the industry. This is directed to you… Where do...

Remoteness
replies: 42 views: 3,942
Ozpeter 2 weeks ago

I use a JoeCo BBR64-Dante for my primary large-job multi-track recorder and it works perfectly. Never a run, drip or error. I...

tourtelot
replies: 31 views: 1,616
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

Speaker placement and there uses... When we record and/or mix on location, we place speakers in various positions around the...

Remoteness
replies: 10 views: 3,882
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

Well, there are a lot of threads about mic lockers, but I don't believe I've seen one dedicated to the location recording...

Remoteness
replies: 111 views: 19,741
philper 2 weeks ago

Sonosax SX-R4+ recorder has recently become available, looks like a great machine, has anyone used it yet ? Haven't seen any...

sd270
replies: 106 views: 6,729
ramallo 2 weeks ago

As many of you folks know, I've been using M160s for drum overheads for decades, so you know where I stand with regard to these...

Remoteness
replies: 42 views: 7,486
emrr 2 weeks ago

I put this in the classifieds as well but we use these mics for what we do so this is a more specific search. I am looking for...

tourtelot
replies: 0 views: 510
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

Check this awesome online article about Bob Fine’s Recording Truck which ran from 1951 to 1966... You can find by clicking...

Remoteness
replies: 17 views: 3,093
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

When I mention "mobile recording" I mean, a vehicle of some sort. When I say "remote" and/or...

Remoteness
replies: 25 views: 7,815
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

It seems. :) In the range of $1500/matched pair I'm told. https://www.rode.com/tf-5 D.

tourtelot
replies: 195 views: 12,931
Plush 2 weeks ago

I work at a small live venue. It's currently an analog console. I can't change that. The owner won't let me run a digital...

evanvincent
replies: 15 views: 533
MediaGary 2 weeks ago

As you may already know, we've been capturing the Newport Jazz and Newport Folk Festivals since 2008 for NPR Music. We also won a...

Remoteness
replies: 10 views: 1,796
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

Ah yes; we are experiencing the BIC lighter era within the history of technology. Disposable technology, but what happens when...

Remoteness
replies: 32 views: 3,562
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

...And, I call this heavy weight XFMR portable? This thing weights a “ton.” When we attach the stainless steel...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 3,842
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

In classical music ensemble setting (versus solo) and in a recorded live setting, which gives the most realistic sounding reverb...

Dawson Taylor
replies: 8 views: 922
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

howdy everyone, A bit off topic but... My friend Sean Harkness sent this to me the other day. I don't know the origin of...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 6,748
boojum 2 weeks ago

Hmm. Super long shot but maybe someone knows. I went to a minor league baseball game last night and while standing at the...

tourtelot
replies: 20 views: 1,150
MediaGary 2 weeks ago

Dear fellow Gearslutz, For the last two years I've been attending the University of Steve Remote. For those of you who do...

felixtoro
replies: 16 views: 3,283
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

How loud do you monitor? And for how long?

Remoteness
replies: 39 views: 4,286
Bruce Watson 2 weeks ago

It's with great sadness that I have to announce the passing of Mike Skeet. I don't know the specific date, but it was reported...

Roland
replies: 23 views: 3,061
Peter Allison 2 weeks ago

Anyone have any experience recording solo Forte Piano in concert. 500 seat, pretty good sounding room. Considering a Schoeps MS...

tourtelot
replies: 36 views: 2,954
Lurcher_lover 2 weeks ago

Are you intuitive or did your wisdom get you where you are today? Do you go with your gut feeling (about a particular...

Remoteness
replies: 38 views: 4,880
edwinhurwitz 3 weeks ago

To many Rudy Van Gelder is, the greatest recording engineer in jazz history. He was responsible for just about every session on...

Remoteness
replies: 145 views: 29,215
dinococcus 3 weeks ago

Being a smart studio owner and/or studio manager must also include proper handling of all questions and answers when...

Remoteness
replies: 38 views: 7,062
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Well, I'm back in Norway, cross eyed from jet lag and ready to share some info on Steve Remote's live recording of Conrad...

ArcCirDude
replies: 72 views: 13,426
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Hi all, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here, Im going to need to record a jazz band playing in a small...

blackjam
replies: 52 views: 1,802
shimoyjk 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone - Was wondering if it's normal practice to EQ separate orchestral sections as a whole (WW, brass, perc,...

session bass
replies: 16 views: 888
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Steve Remote, I've noticed in some of your drumset pics that you use a large diaphragm condenser in your setup. It's placed...

Robobo1
replies: 113 views: 30,808
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Do you like to mix alone or with your client/artist?

Remoteness
replies: 45 views: 4,662
philper 3 weeks ago

Trying to find a flaw in this line of thought? heh There are plenty reasons why leakage sucks. What if it's all you...

Remoteness
replies: 28 views: 3,573
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

As far back as I can remember, I always looked at recording this way... When I'm in the studio, I always try to make it sound...

Remoteness
replies: 31 views: 5,825
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

When I cannot get a totally isolated room or space for my recording rig, I like to setup next to the FOH position. For me,...

Remoteness
replies: 20 views: 4,754
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

I mean, I have captured plenty of recordings that sounded pretty awesome even though many of us would have said, it was not the...

Remoteness
replies: 33 views: 4,797
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Important note: No photographers were harmed in the making of these photos! Yep, whether I needed too or not I was dead set on...

Remoteness
replies: 9 views: 2,297
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Is there a different level of Gearslutness if you got quality gear instead of huge quantity of your favorite stuff? What...

Remoteness
replies: 42 views: 5,434
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Command and compassion... The subject title says it all. Is it the right mixture or a truly bad idea? When you have the...

Remoteness
replies: 11 views: 4,482
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

...It may come in very handy on your next recording session! Recently, we recorded Hank Jones' Birthday Bash at the Blue Note...

Remoteness
replies: 31 views: 9,112
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

What about the Posers? Or should we just deal with being the ghost "engineer/producer/mixer/star" for them?

Remoteness
replies: 12 views: 2,526
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

I auditioned a stereo pair of these for orchestral recording for reference. I loved the sound stage but it is also uneven in...

HelenaBzg
replies: 88 views: 7,750
boojum 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search