The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have a small PCB with SMC. There is one part with 10 SMC contacts that needs to be reversed. I have good soldering skills and...

tourtelot
replies: 7 views: 360
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

Hey there, I recently was asked to come in and do sound for a live session video for a local jazz artist. We've done many of...

romromulus
replies: 12 views: 775
romromulus 2 weeks ago

Hi I am currently having an issue when multi track recording a worship band at my church, I have a the sound desk that goes into...

Josh J
replies: 5 views: 475
ArchiDeep 2 weeks ago

I can't find anything on the board about this exciting little machine. Tell me stuff - anything! Tried it? ...

petsematary
replies: 15 views: 13,360
David.H 2 weeks ago

I am not sure if this has been discussed but I did a search and nothing came up. This has been released from Tascam and is...

pdastoor
replies: 51 views: 13,014
Schoeller 2 weeks ago

Happy New Years folks. I'll be acquiring an entire set of drum mics, cables, and stands in the very near future. I'm hoping...

Gary D Olson
replies: 16 views: 598
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hello, fellas! First time posting in this corner of GS (I usually hang out in the mastering section) but I feel like I know...

elpillo
replies: 13 views: 842
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

Here is a small practical contribution to the eternal Schoeps vs DPA discussion. Few days ago I welcomed a bunch of valuable...

ISedlacek
replies: 254 views: 46,370
David Spearritt 2 weeks ago

Hi All: I am using a MBPro with a Metric Halo ULN-8 and Sennheiser and Neumann mics for remote orchestral recordings. My rig...

rcartwright
replies: 39 views: 4,011
JSt0rm 2 weeks ago

I was able to book some time in the renowned Sunridge Studio A with a pair of pros. Signal chain was a Decca tree of vintage...

jnorman
replies: 6 views: 404
lukedamrosch 3 weeks ago

These are a few guys at a British company that make, among other things, a 4x4 Dante I/O that I bought from Gotham Sound in NYC. ...

tourtelot
replies: 5 views: 620
Schoeller 3 weeks ago

Just released - the Marine Band's latest album: ARIOSO. m8ANFx4sgMY It's got two oldies-but-legendaries: Holst's Suite in F for...

NorseHorse
replies: 4 views: 627
lukedamrosch 3 weeks ago

Don't know who's seen these but they look pretty hot. If the sonics are as good as the current models and the features are better...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 959 views: 254,985
jude 3 weeks ago

For anyone who regularly uses the four-mic array, two figure-of-eights pointing straight ahead in the middle and two omnis...

tourtelot
replies: 14 views: 860
9sbean 3 weeks ago

Here's a clip of a string ensemble using the NTRs, AB at 20 cm, about 1.2m high. No EQ, reverb, compression, etc. Old Foof

Old Foof
replies: 7 views: 721
NorseHorse 3 weeks ago

Has anyone had any experience with this new Binaural system?3Dio Free Space Pro II Binaural Microphone I have been hoping...

roonsbane
replies: 6 views: 640
ronmac 3 weeks ago

I acquired a Taylor AB-1 acoustic bass guitar last summer. I'm exploring ways to optimally record the bass with both pickup/DI...

Ukiah Bass
replies: 18 views: 1,052
Ukiah Bass 3 weeks ago

I made this video to cover principles of tracking acoustic bass guitar and comparative demos of: Acoustic – with...

Ukiah Bass
replies: 2 views: 451
Ukiah Bass 3 weeks ago

Kind Of Blue | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads Have to say I am loving this! kfhkh

Jules
replies: 52 views: 7,014
jimjazzdad 4 weeks ago

Looking to see if it is possible to build an adapter that would allow this mic to operate in it's most basic state, two...

tourtelot
replies: 34 views: 1,607
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

A while back I remember reading some articles about a couple of different engineers who specialize in making the highest possible...

jnorman
replies: 114 views: 4,163
aracu 4 weeks ago

So, what would you have done in this situation? The player is on a low dais, and the piano is off the dais and way off center,...

jnorman
replies: 4 views: 448
Bruce Watson 4 weeks ago

Hello Everybody, I am newbie in on location recorsings. Next week I will have oportunity to record few bands on local city...

tuman
replies: 14 views: 873
John Willett 4 weeks ago

I thought it would be nice to have a post where we might discuss what types of setups were used at the classical sessions of...

king2070lplaya
replies: 18 views: 4,259
Norm@gear 4 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 352
Chrshv80 4 weeks ago

This thread actually concerns guitar amplifiers more than the electric guitar because the amplifier is the source of the sound...

Given To Fly
replies: 21 views: 751
Given To Fly 4 weeks ago

This is a short illustrated presentation of the Rode Boompole, the regular aluminium version (i.e. not the confused with the Mini...

Schoeller
replies: 9 views: 529
Schoeller 4 weeks ago

Hi, I recently heard about this book by Mike Major on recording techniques. It seemed like the book was well out of print so...

BobStrop
replies: 0 views: 541
BobStrop 4 weeks ago

Royer R-10 Royer R-10 Matched Pair Ribbon Microphone | Sweetwater I am thinking about going back to the basics with just a...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 116 views: 4,206
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm going to be recording my high school stage band in a few weeks and I'd like some thoughts about room layout....

wsal
replies: 15 views: 788
Bushman 4 weeks ago

It is my first time to use Decca Tree with Outrigger to record with our China Youth Symphony Orchestra(Students Orchestra) in...

Zhu Shijia
replies: 15 views: 752
tailspn 4 weeks ago

I guess anything is possible/acceptable in the studio...if it's also a concert ? Neumann SM 69 in M/S, augmented with a spaced...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 549
David Rick 4 weeks ago

"Fellowship auditions must be recorded WITHOUT ACCOMPANIMENT, on ONE TRACK, without breaks, and with NO SPLICING. Auditions...

studer58
replies: 31 views: 1,053
Brent Hahn 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the use of a stereo mic as opposed to fig 8 in a mid-side setup. The space I record in...

rwsand
replies: 17 views: 864
rwsand 4 weeks ago

I have been recording a certain orchestra/choir for many years, usually AB (with spots on the choir and others as necessary), but...

wildplum
replies: 13 views: 774
Larry Elliott 18th December 2017

Thanks for reading this and potentially helping out a relative noobie. I document different kinds of performance art in a...

avu1102
replies: 9 views: 540
kirkus 18th December 2017

Anyone on the blog with experience with the app? Won't stay connected and sometimes makes drastic gain chages upon connecting...

tourtelot
replies: 10 views: 698
edwinhurwitz 18th December 2017

Hi everyone, this is my first post on GearSlutz and I hope to be in the right section. I am a happy owner of a...

Acou
replies: 8 views: 1,486
Larry Elliott 18th December 2017

Dear GearSlutz, First post here so please go steady :) So I have a pair of Roland CS-10EM and would like to have them...

itsmrjack
replies: 15 views: 5,136
mrs 15th December 2017

Small university 40 pc choir, wintery night in a domed Palladian Hall MKH 30/30 sum and difference array behind the conductors...

Rolo 46
replies: 30 views: 1,167
Rolo 46 15th December 2017

I'm trying to decide my next purchase of a solid state recorder for on location recording. Looking at the Denon 700r and the...

augustusarnone
replies: 12 views: 1,490
augustusarnone 14th December 2017

Hi everybody, I'm going on a road trip soon and I was curious if anybody would be nervous about bringing a racked lunchbox on...

Rizzleb
replies: 2 views: 354
emrr 14th December 2017

Hi, I will be recording sound for a video that soppose to be similar to this: YouTube The instruments will be: 1. Female...

bezdelnik
replies: 0 views: 298
bezdelnik 14th December 2017

Hey, all. I've been recording the local orchestra for NPR broadcasts, and now the best local choir want in on the act. I've...

seanmccoy
replies: 15 views: 782
Peller 14th December 2017

Hello community! Only need 2 channel converter for stereo classical recording (solo or small group/sonata or chamber). I have...

Bat Ears
replies: 44 views: 4,287
DRAZERS 14th December 2017

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with the computer I usually record live audio on. I added a new boot drive so I went a head...

theEmbark
replies: 13 views: 1,229
tourtelot 13th December 2017

Hi, after a long time borrowing equipment, I'm ready to start building my own rig. Besides an audient id22 (that will expand via...

kambor
replies: 32 views: 1,902
deedeeyeah 13th December 2017

Since so much of my work is done in less than ideal conditions and spaces, I find that achieving a realistic reverb remains my...

jnorman
replies: 40 views: 2,704
deedeeyeah 13th December 2017

Hi, I made a recording with a couple of Earthworks QTC50 going to Audient preamp ASP800. Just fell in love with this...

Polifonia
replies: 10 views: 667
bradh 12th December 2017

I am looking to source both the correct cable and the proper ends needed to build a 100' extension cable for an AKG C426B stereo...

tourtelot
replies: 9 views: 429
tourtelot 12th December 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search