The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I read here on Gearslutz that the mic pres and converters are superior to Nagra VI’s. Does anyone have any samples of acoustic...

HelenaBzg
replies: 17 views: 818
AB3 1 week ago

Hi GS community I do occasional concert recordings, and I'm recently asked to record a live string quartet concert at a church...

leushira
replies: 65 views: 2,762
studer58 1 week ago

Price under $1000... This may be their response to Zoom. Interested...

Vunz
replies: 459 views: 49,789
Lucas_G 1 week ago

Here are some of the affordable (<$300) binaural microphones that I found. I'd love to hear others' thoughts on...

jl303
replies: 12 views: 2,012
J_Rogers 1 week ago

So I recorded a woodwind quintet today. They were all quite good musicians who should be well aware of the intricacies of their...

jnorman
replies: 99 views: 2,556
emenelton 1 week ago

Would there be any reason why I could put three mics in a row in front of an orchestra and delay the left and right to give me a...

TheGaryFloyd
replies: 3 views: 512
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Typical magazine tantalizing promo headline: "AT interviews multi-Grammy winning classical engineer Tony Faulkner backstage...

studer58
replies: 225 views: 20,536
studer58 1 week ago

Just been hired to record a singer songwriter in his home. New record, 12 tracks. Basically we'll be doing the sessions in the...

nobtwiddler
replies: 89 views: 5,475
Rumi 1 week ago

Wondering if anyone has tried this mic: RODE Microphones - Stereo VideoMic X into the Sony PCM D100 or PCM M10 --level...

jayfield
replies: 2 views: 435
jayfield 1 week ago

I've got a live recording coming up which will include organ and harpsichord. The room is about 80x44ft, and the stage is about...

Ebeowulf17
replies: 11 views: 722
Ebeowulf17 1 week ago

I'm looking for an Audio Technica mic (ATM25) which, once available worldwide, has now been pulled back so that it's only sold in...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 553
Milo1865 2 weeks ago

Straight from the pages of the Book of our Good Lord Tony Faulkner, it's his single bar, dual mic pair, all-Rode Array of...

studer58
replies: 26 views: 1,512
connloyalist 2 weeks ago

I record mostly strings (violin, viola, cello) in solo settings and with piano accompaniment. Occasionally, I record solo piano,...

VlaVlnPlayer
replies: 25 views: 1,485
VlaVlnPlayer 2 weeks ago

Here's a review of the new Extinct audio passive ribbon mics (complete with ears !), made in the UK and inspired by the revered...

studer58
replies: 54 views: 4,034
zebra50 2 weeks ago

so in my infinite wisdom, and due to some minor windows glitches, I reset my pc to reinstall windows 10. I reinstalled reaper,...

jnorman
replies: 5 views: 433
jnorman 2 weeks ago

I hike in the British Columbia wilderness and like to record nature soundscapes. Birds, frogs, animals, brooks, glaciers etc. I...

jayfield
replies: 62 views: 2,079
HelenaBzg 2 weeks ago

Anyone compared transformer SQN say IV-S i thru iii vs V and later? I really liked the smooth sound of SQN especially on voice,...

whippoorwill
replies: 8 views: 535
Geoff Poulton 2 weeks ago

I'll admit I don't try to keep current with mics falling into the 'discontinued' basket by various manufacturers, but this...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 633
Peller 2 weeks ago

The 4038 gets quite a bit of reference in this forum, but far less so their other mics, more recently released.... Meet the...

studer58
replies: 10 views: 576
studer58 2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone : Been a long time user of the 788T with the CL-9 for location recordings of acoustic music. The machine has been...

Baithak
replies: 62 views: 5,064
HelenaBzg 2 weeks ago

Hello, I've been involved in music production and recording on and off for the last 30 years, mostly on the lighter side of the...

Oliver
replies: 128 views: 21,392
Plush 2 weeks ago

Anybody else having problems with the Sound Devices MixPre-10T? Got ours about ten days ago and it has not been a universal...

TonyF
replies: 81 views: 7,880
ardis 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, A really long time without posting anything around here. I wanted to ask if you have any idea what stereo technique...

oncloudnine
replies: 19 views: 1,167
Lurcher_lover 2 weeks ago

This was brought up in another thread, but probably deserves its own! I can't find any detailed information in English about...

Peller
replies: 31 views: 1,934
Nevaton 2 weeks ago

What is the best and easiest email delivery of a 1/2 hour performance of an mo3 on site? Is it an iPad with cellular or can I...

HelenaBzg
replies: 28 views: 907
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

Here's a wonderful set of photographic records of the BBC from early years to current times, featuring some vintage gear that...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 331
studer58 2 weeks ago

Does anyone here use KEF speakers for monitoring? I have a friend who has a pair of the floor-standing models (R series) and I...

philper
replies: 14 views: 667
nobtwiddler 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, would love to hear any advise on setting up this room to record a trio thats coming up at the end of the month It...

4ccmusic
replies: 5 views: 524
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

Hello GS community, I have recently been commissioned to build a battery powered version of the Pueblo Audio mic preamp for...

PuebloAudio
replies: 167 views: 19,367
pieter k 2 weeks ago

For folks using ribbons and other low-output dynamic mics, we often wish for more gain than we might have available in our...

TMetzinger
replies: 9 views: 717
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

A while ago there was some discussion here about mics made by Rode for / with the name of Tony Faulkner. If memory serves these...

connloyalist
replies: 108 views: 11,011
king2070lplaya 2 weeks ago

I recently acquired this set of Schoeps CMT541's (yay!) but the mic clips were missing from the set (boo!). Does anyone know...

Issadore
replies: 19 views: 664
ithinknot 2 weeks ago

Here's a clip of a string ensemble using the NTRs, AB at 20 cm, about 1.2m high. No EQ, reverb, compression, etc. Old Foof

Old Foof
replies: 8 views: 1,146
studer58 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I recently had a chance to try out 4 different high end preamps for recording acoustic guitar with an AEA R88. I'm...

augustusarnone
replies: 13 views: 683
augustusarnone 2 weeks ago

This is one of my first location recordings for a string quartet with a custom-built mobile setup. Won't go into any details...

justmusic
replies: 6 views: 841
justmusic 2 weeks ago

This is a screenshot of a recording of Kiri Te Kanawa and Andre Previn (RIP) that showed up in my timeline today.... Is this a...

VlaVlnPlayer
replies: 21 views: 817
pecass 3 weeks ago

Neumann...so it must be good, right ? Indeed....what took them so long ? It's not as if there isn't a stiff field of...

studer58
replies: 18 views: 1,419
Tommy-boy 3 weeks ago

For a recording session (not a concert) coming up in a stone cathedral, there will be a 40 voice SATB choir. The ambience is long...

studer58
replies: 73 views: 2,247
RobAnderson 3 weeks ago

SONONEWS September 2018 – Sonosax Features look really great!

Issadore
replies: 44 views: 2,287
rumleymusic 3 weeks ago

I am starting a thread hoping to find out when a new Nagra VII can be purchased. If anyone has any news of updates to the VI,...

AB3
replies: 22 views: 1,693
HelenaBzg 3 weeks ago

Is anyone using the peluso P-84 or CEMC-6 SDC as a spot mic? Just curious, as I’ve seen that they are based on the KM84 and...

miketeachesclass
replies: 5 views: 662
studer58 3 weeks ago

Has anyone tried a pair of sony ECM-100N as Main pair on Acoustic ensembles? if so, how did they perform? Do they compare in...

Eirik
replies: 2 views: 369
ithinknot 3 weeks ago

Hey everybody, it's been quite a while since I posted here, because I've been away from recording for a long time. Finally making...

Ebeowulf17
replies: 19 views: 1,142
Ebeowulf17 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, Here's a quick question for all of you? I'm considering the purchase of either a Merging Technologies...

nobtwiddler
replies: 39 views: 3,005
tailspn 3 weeks ago

Asking here because it seems to be where the AoIP folk hang out. Is anyone making a Dante to AVB bridge? I'd like to bring...

lukehatpadl
replies: 51 views: 8,926
appsys 3 weeks ago

I'll start by saying most of my formative experience in recording was jazz. Early on, I got the impression that classical...

Ebeowulf17
replies: 105 views: 3,827
Ebeowulf17 3 weeks ago

So, what video cameras are you guys using when you are asked to provide video and audio for audition or live performance...

jnorman
replies: 158 views: 7,417
2manyrocks 3 weeks ago

This might be an interesting comparison, considering the headphone transducer elements are identical across both models:...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 337
studer58 3 weeks ago

I'm looking to record some sounds around New York and I want to use tape (I also make tape loops). I'm looking for a vintage...

deern
replies: 34 views: 942
WorldPowerLabs 3 weeks ago

Hi, I would like to order a Manfrotto 5001b stand to use with my Rycote WS Kit 3 (I guess Rycote pistol grips are identical...

ruonitb
replies: 5 views: 447
ruonitb 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search