The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I replaced my rock solid win7 machine with a windows 10 machine. I set the machine up to be offline, no virus software, disabled...

jnorman
replies: 8 views: 602
TMetzinger 2 weeks ago

Hello, I'm one of the people that I think Tentacle Sync would really benefit but I'm finding it hard to work out how the...

boydell200
replies: 11 views: 1,552
Govier966 2 weeks ago

I don't usually expect much from an Open Mic but sometimes you get pleasantly surprised. This recording was done at the Old Songs...

Folkie
replies: 3 views: 464
Folkie 2 weeks ago

I have a custom made 38x2 2-way split, with two fans and two trunks, that's in my inventory. It's Mogami with Whirlwind supplied...

xaMdaM
replies: 5 views: 432
xaMdaM 2 weeks ago

Now the audio interface market will really heat up. What a cracker of a device. This is going to be a killer. Merging...

David Spearritt
replies: 329 views: 43,468
ljudatervinning 2 weeks ago

I have been watching some kinescope recordings of The Lawrence Welk Show from the 1950s when the show was sponsored by Dodge, to...

chris319
replies: 46 views: 7,606
Jimbo 2 weeks ago

Zoom comes out with another recording device packing a lot of channels in for a low price. Looks like this will have a street...

Tommy-boy
replies: 29 views: 2,959
mcpepe 2 weeks ago

Ok, Never thought I would start one of those XXX vs YYY, but her it goes. Please comment if you have first hand experience with...

NewOrleansSteve
replies: 13 views: 751
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, So I am personally VERY stoked about the new AES67 possibilities! It's very nice to have an interface to...

king2070lplaya
replies: 24 views: 3,137
Constantin 2 weeks ago

There are ribbon Blumlein and large condenser Blumlein. But I didn't see any single piece 1/2" condenser Blumlein stereo....

9sbean
replies: 127 views: 6,523
9sbean 2 weeks ago

Here's an enterprising way to generate session income....make your availability (and pricing) known: Next Sessions — Clockwork...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 411
studer58 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, Here's a quick question for all of you? I'm considering the purchase of either a Merging Technologies...

nobtwiddler
replies: 29 views: 1,419
lukehatpadl 2 weeks ago

I've a gig i'm enginering this Sunday , its in a train arch club so the accoustics are gonna be bad I'm going to try using the...

DSMrehearsal
replies: 3 views: 5,081
hughshouse 3 weeks ago

Has anyone used the UTrack in the field yet? It seems to be a very tidy solution to a lot of current problems. At an historically...

ray_subsonic
replies: 43 views: 7,809
egoless 3 weeks ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 460 views: 82,324
Søren Bendixen 3 weeks ago

For certain gigs, I still have to do live mixes and those mixes are tough to do in a daw only. I’ve been looking for a small...

fifthcircle
replies: 120 views: 3,492
TMetzinger 3 weeks ago

Just been hired to record a singer songwriter in his home. New record, 12 tracks. Basically we'll be doing the sessions in the...

nobtwiddler
replies: 61 views: 3,026
Rumi 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I wonder if some of you has experience using an active USB extension cable or an usb to CAT5 converter to...

chinopepito
replies: 18 views: 2,816
gigplayer2000 3 weeks ago

Surprised I haven't seen much discussion about this new product? As the F8 itself have been very popular. I have written a very...

IronFilm
replies: 15 views: 3,572
IronFilm 3 weeks ago

These were announced with much fanfare last year. And they looked like an exciting new venture by Rode. Retailers have had them...

John Pk
replies: 2 views: 647
David Spearritt 3 weeks ago

I thought the outdoor, 'pack your cabin and cargo-hold luggage' types might find this an interesting guide to audio capture in...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 473
paulfromcamden 3 weeks ago

As Roger and Plush advocate, live to stereo is the way to go (when it's a live radio broadcast, no other option !) YouTube

studer58
replies: 7 views: 521
Rolo 46 3 weeks ago

This might be of interest to those contemplating converting a motorhome camper to a mobile studio: Studio SOS: Motorhome Studio |...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 435
studer58 3 weeks ago

I'm looking to create a minimalistic sound bag that pretty much cover my lightweight and easy to use field recording needs and...

onlyme
replies: 17 views: 912
audioisfun 3 weeks ago

Asking here because it seems to be where the AoIP folk hang out. Is anyone making a Dante to AVB bridge? I'd like to bring...

lukehatpadl
replies: 38 views: 5,347
Lady Gaia 3 weeks ago

So, I had the opportunity to do a nice gig at Old Church in Portland, Oregon on Wednesday - a reasonably decent space for my...

jnorman
replies: 4 views: 512
jnorman 3 weeks ago

Do any of my US colleagues carry General Liability Insurance that covers personal injury from attendees and property damage etc...

rumleymusic
replies: 20 views: 784
RobAnderson 3 weeks ago

Hello GS community, I have recently been commissioned to build a battery powered version of the Pueblo Audio mic preamp for...

PuebloAudio
replies: 139 views: 14,986
bwanajim 3 weeks ago

Although I'd love to have a nice pair of wide cardioids (KM143 or MK21), I'm beginning to appreciate the DIY version of wide...

d_fu
replies: 85 views: 13,780
mpdonahue 3 weeks ago

U89

pretty good vocal mic...love that mid scoop/dip, where most other mics have a peak (don't crank the playback too high...)

studer58
replies: 5 views: 691
Lurcher_lover 3 weeks ago

Greetings. I've been listening to a few of these disks this week. Some beautiful recordings. Does anyone have any background...

Omicron_9
replies: 8 views: 1,418
lukedamrosch 4 weeks ago

Good morning everyone: This Thursday night I will be recording a string orchestra (repertoire: Mendelssohn and Scandavian folk...

peter5992
replies: 13 views: 781
peter5992 4 weeks ago

I've been slowly migrating away from microsoft. Their turning win10 into adware and spyware isn't helping. Nor is the fact that...

Bruce Watson
replies: 230 views: 11,512
Pno 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone. I don't have a studio. For every project all my gear goes with me to a house, church or a club etc. All my mics are...

rwsand
replies: 12 views: 782
rwsand 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post on GearSlutz and I hope to be in the right section. I am a happy owner of a...

Acou
replies: 15 views: 3,758
ardis 4 weeks ago

A while ago there was some discussion here about mics made by Rode for / with the name of Tony Faulkner. If memory serves these...

connloyalist
replies: 73 views: 8,680
rumleymusic 4 weeks ago

Don't know who's seen these but they look pretty hot. If the sonics are as good as the current models and the features are better...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 963 views: 263,432
kings 4 weeks ago

Attention Ambisonic Nagrists! Can you share some advice on monitoring an Ambisonic A format mic like the new Sennheiser AMBEO...

bwanajim
replies: 6 views: 455
emenelton 4 weeks ago

Announced at NAB 2018 New Rode NT-SF1 ambisonic mic with windshield and shock mount. Price isn't mentioned in interview. ...

2manyrocks
replies: 13 views: 1,428
Plush 4 weeks ago

Some unique footage of Neil Young recording "A Man Needs a Maid" from his Harvest LP in 1971, with the LSO, in Barking...

studer58
replies: 16 views: 696
studer58 4 weeks ago

Hi folks, Radial 32x64 mic splitter rig with snakes for direct and x-former outputs for sale in the classifieds, details and...

John Moran
replies: 1 views: 450
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

I could use some specific advice. Yes, I have done searches on Google and Gearslutz. I do a wide variety of live concert...

Folkie
replies: 35 views: 905
hughshouse 4 weeks ago

Hello, It's frustrating to choose a pair of good mics to record classical music. It's more simple to choose a good recorder,...

zorba1977
replies: 237 views: 13,887
mljung 4 weeks ago

I got a gig mixing several performances of a summer festival rendition Damn Yankees and I'm a little nervous going in, mostly...

kweinberg
replies: 30 views: 10,335
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

Sometimes a shock mount is an extra bridge too far, if you're recording on a concrete floor where there's no likelihood of stand...

studer58
replies: 38 views: 1,436
Folkie 4 weeks ago

The Nagra VI is a bit behind in many areas of hardware, functionality and offerings (spinning discs, USB 2, no HDMI, etc). It was...

supoUSA
replies: 85 views: 3,064
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

A fellow sound engineer wants to pay me with a used Lynx AES 16e PCIe card. It would be a plus that the PCI card can record 16...

monitor
replies: 3 views: 414
monitor 4 weeks ago

Royer R-10 Royer R-10 Matched Pair Ribbon Microphone | Sweetwater I am thinking about going back to the basics with just a...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 117 views: 5,204
VlaVlnPlayer 18th August 2018

Hello to All, Looking to obtain an Mixpre10t Scenario.. multi ISO event recording... Say in recording 5 ISO tracks...

Bryster51
replies: 5 views: 601
IronFilm 18th August 2018

I realize that many Reaper users here use it only for location capture, and not for subsequent mixing. However, even for...

studer58
replies: 10 views: 597
studer58 18th August 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search