The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Views: 7,881
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In another recent thread, I described what I like to do when I have a "run and gun" recording job that requires a...

David Rick
replies: 3 views: 371
studer58 2 weeks ago

The Zoom F4 thread is so full of garbage that I figure that I needed to start another. SIGH! In that other thread I stated...

graywolf
replies: 16 views: 1,305
jwh1192 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone here has any experience with the Drawmer 1978 for post production of classical material...

composerengineer
replies: 0 views: 203
composerengineer 2 weeks ago

Hi everybody Hope I'm not breaking some rules introducing myself here and not in the specific section of the forum, but given...

El Duende
replies: 12 views: 450
jimjazzdad 2 weeks ago

Sony has apparently released the successor to the D50 in Asia. kfhkh Google Translate Here's a thread from a headphone site...

Pohaku
replies: 20 views: 11,246
Eigenwert 2 weeks ago

Nice videos and well explained by Everett...

David Spearritt
replies: 82 views: 2,251
sd270 2 weeks ago

Hello all, just wanted to raise some issues I am having with MKH 30/30 MS imaging. So, I have been following as much as I can...

AdamAsnan
replies: 167 views: 7,807
dseetoo 2 weeks ago

I did a concert recording for a local choral group last year, and we were all happy with the results. But one of their members...

TMetzinger
replies: 17 views: 848
jimjazzdad 2 weeks ago

So, what video cameras are you guys using when you are asked to provide video and audio for audition or live performance...

jnorman
replies: 35 views: 1,225
studer58 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm going to be recording my high school stage band in a few weeks and I'd like some thoughts about room layout....

wsal
replies: 9 views: 479
ajfarber 2 weeks ago

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I'm thinking about buying a portable stereo recorder for recording line...

deejayen
replies: 5 views: 394
DrReid 2 weeks ago

I greatly enjoyed spending an hour with a great interview of one of the principal members of the legendary "Wrecking...

Richard Crowley
replies: 3 views: 339
Richard Crowley 2 weeks ago

This could have very interesting results: Merging Technologies News - ProStudioMasters and McGill University Use Merging...

tailspn
replies: 12 views: 704
dtf 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have built a "binaural" dummy head. This is a very cheap and funny DIY project. Obviously results are poor,...

b3nway
replies: 61 views: 7,242
sax512 2 weeks ago

I need a 5 pin female to two 3 pin male XLR cable. It's for an AT4050st mic that is coming without the cable. AT will sell me one...

mandodon
replies: 5 views: 325
studer58 2 weeks ago

What's YOUR favorite way to mic a grand piano, lid closed? Here's mine: Using a 6' or larger grand, I first play the...

Jim vanBergen
replies: 61 views: 26,419
mrufino1 2 weeks ago

I need to do a gig soon, and I need two (maybe 3) more channels of passive DI. I love my Radial ProD2, but I need to get it on...

revstate
replies: 16 views: 11,688
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

I had a thought, a hair-brained scheme more like, to do a comp with my nearing 35 year old Senn MKE2002 Artificial Head Binaural...

Moke
replies: 0 views: 236
Moke 2 weeks ago

Next week I’m recording a string quartet together with a singer. It’s for a live video clip. The location is a big photo...

astonjoel
replies: 2 views: 414
astonjoel 2 weeks ago

I have been doing archival recordings for the local youth orchestra for some time and the conductor has just asked me if I can...

jimjazzdad
replies: 29 views: 647
studer58 3 weeks ago

....Bernie Krause reckons it's very likely to be doing so at 70kHz. GOING WILD | Emusician One of the best introductory...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 251
studer58 3 weeks ago

Hello Friends, Rachmaninoff: Op. 32 No.5 - Prelude in G Major I would love to hear your comments and especially your...

mken
replies: 20 views: 869
emenelton 3 weeks ago

After the market-disrupting F8 it's good to see another new product :) Wonder what the price point will be?.... peachh

JamesClark1991
replies: 276 views: 19,995
terrible.dee 3 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, So I am personally VERY stoked about the new AES67 possibilities! It's very nice to have an interface to...

king2070lplaya
replies: 16 views: 2,248
tourtelot 3 weeks ago

Hello, I'm in need for some guidance as I am new to network audio (AES67 / Ravenna). I have been using my Horus and Mac for...

Gaston69
replies: 11 views: 649
Gaston69 3 weeks ago

I just wanted to express my gratitude for this forum and it's moderators. I really love the care, the detail, the personalities,...

tourtelot
replies: 12 views: 560
studer58 3 weeks ago

Hello! I'm about to purchase my first handy recorder and I can't decide between those two. The H5 does offer the option for...

germandan
replies: 20 views: 29,132
Patrick Moran 3 weeks ago

This thread is intended to share my personal take on binaural microphones, their typical design approximations, the assumptions...

sax512
replies: 13 views: 1,378
sax512 3 weeks ago

Probably a dumb question and I suspect I know the answer, but do you process the signals going to tape, or just focus on getting...

aste
replies: 9 views: 450
TMetzinger 3 weeks ago

Hi there, I'm moving to Halifax, Nova Scotia for a bit and I don't know many people there or many locations. Has anyone recorded...

whippoorwill
replies: 3 views: 479
whippoorwill 3 weeks ago

Hi just wondering if anyone else besides me is into the ECM label, and particularly engineers Jan Erik Kongshaug, and Martin...

zarembo
replies: 145 views: 23,150
chrisso 3 weeks ago

I'm curious about what differentiates the top three headphones made by Sennheiser. The HD 595, HD 600 and HD 650 all look very...

BrianHanke
replies: 68 views: 8,755
John Willett 3 weeks ago

Hello, I’m a guitarist from the Netherlands (Europe) and I’m looking for a new mobile rig to record my own performances of...

PTP
replies: 17 views: 1,001
Given To Fly 3 weeks ago

I had a dream a few years back of traveling around interviewing interesting people. Then, somewhere along the way I picked up a...

Jumpmonkey
replies: 10 views: 669
Jumpmonkey 3 weeks ago

Apple have forsaken Waveburner What is its current equivalent for CD assembly on an iMac ? Old Codger

Rolo 46
replies: 20 views: 740
Rolo 46 4 weeks ago

Last night I saw this error msg for the first time. I was recording 4 channels (plus the default stereo 2mix) at 24/44.1. I...

sonare
replies: 23 views: 8,275
Jim Williams 4 weeks ago

Here is a poll to hopefully allow us to identify what manufacturers and size SD cards are problematic. Check those options that...

sonare
replies: 8 views: 3,026
Terry54321 4 weeks ago

I am trying to keep a bunch of these going for the foreseeable future and I need the schematics and service manual. Alesis was...

tourtelot
replies: 15 views: 859
Jim Williams 4 weeks ago

Rob gave us a wonderful example of a live recording that included the Goldberg Variations done with minimal micing. I am now...

Folkie
replies: 5 views: 411
TMetzinger 4 weeks ago

I was out and the person calling left me a message but forgot to leave his call back number...I suppose he thought I had caller...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 34 views: 1,733
jwh1192 4 weeks ago

I have a student who is interested in getting into a school where he can focus on audio electronics design. Are there any...

brhoward
replies: 5 views: 469
RPC 4 weeks ago

One of the artists I've been working with over the last few years, decided he wanted to cut a new record, but this time he wanted...

nobtwiddler
replies: 3 views: 465
jwh1192 4 weeks ago

On the DPA web site page, under "Multimiking A Classical Orchestra", in discussing time alignment of the spot mics,...

wildplum
replies: 9 views: 745
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, Here's the scoop. I'm having a terrible time trying eliminate really bad hiss (a truly unacceptable noise floor)...

Thoomp
replies: 26 views: 678
Thoomp 4 weeks ago

Any body compare the two? I'll be recording some string quartet stuff thru my MerticHalo box's. I know production mixers rave...

rmx16
replies: 22 views: 17,023
Tedkinney 4 weeks ago

I'm asking this question here rather than the DAW forum because it seems like all the people who actually use Pyramix are...

bwanajim
replies: 8 views: 374
studer58 4 weeks ago

A while ago there was some discussion here about mics made by Rode for / with the name of Tony Faulkner. If memory serves these...

connloyalist
replies: 71 views: 7,465
jnorman 4 weeks ago

Anyone else here tried this headphone processing application? https://fongaudio.com/out-of-your-head-software/ Can't...

tourtelot
replies: 1 views: 371
jwh1192 4 weeks ago

Zylia ZM-1 spherical 19-element mic array...looks intriguing, although reading behind the review it seems the software support...

studer58
replies: 15 views: 1,304
studer58 4 weeks ago

I recorded a rehearsal for a community flute chamber concert. This location is wetter than most locations in which I record. I...

dgpretzel
replies: 8 views: 683
etiefenthaler 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search