The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Today the moded Schoeps CMC6 bodies arrived. It consists of a separate small 60V power supply box, the inner electronics in CMC6s...

replies: 73 views: 5,244
AdamAsnan 1 week ago

Hi all, I have been reading all of the threads concerning the Rens Heijnis Schoeps CMC mods for 60v, but I am considering a...

replies: 9 views: 641
foresttones 1 week ago

I'm asking for your advice with something a little out of my depth. The segment you have is the choral finale accompanied by a...

replies: 8 views: 463
studer58 1 week ago

I am just about to pull the trigger on a clean pair of preamps and wanted to get some advice. I already have one channel of the...

replies: 17 views: 1,191
Don S 2 weeks ago

I have looking at purchasing a Soundfield field kit and while the st450 looks great i wonder what is the difference sonically...

replies: 27 views: 1,241
myke2242 2 weeks ago

Any one using a Focusrite AM2.... i cannot get it on to my dante network. i am have several issues and i cannot figure out what...

replies: 12 views: 496
THE_NIK 2 weeks ago

I would like to start doing some mobile recordings with my AEA R88 and TRP preamp. I'm going to be recording in a few places...

replies: 5 views: 469
Pohaku 2 weeks ago

Not every 'mobile studio' has wheels on ! This might be of particular interest to the UK readers, as it's anchored on the...

replies: 3 views: 395
studer58 2 weeks ago

Anyone know where I can get black anodised alloy bars (the same diameter as the bar the 154B comes with) in the UK to make this...

replies: 45 views: 11,049
seanmccoy 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know where I may be able to rent a single MK21 head in Eastern Canada/Nova Scotia? Studio Economik don't have one. I...

replies: 1 views: 313
Newmann 2 weeks ago
replies: 2 views: 463
hughshouse 2 weeks ago

I have a pair of Equator D5 studio monitors. For about two years, they were great monitors, but they were also cheap monitors and...

Given To Fly
replies: 5 views: 470
Given To Fly 2 weeks ago

To many Rudy Van Gelder is, the greatest recording engineer in jazz history. He was responsible for just about every session on...

replies: 140 views: 26,097
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

It’s my understanding anniversary edition anagrams cannot be purchased any longer from Nagra (ATS - you know). Yet, I see them...

replies: 21 views: 841
Schoeller 2 weeks ago

As a precursor, I've searched the forums rather excessively with no clear direction for my specific situation. My current...

replies: 34 views: 832
John Willett 2 weeks ago

I just noticed today, while doing my annual inventory, that two of my Schoeps CMC5U amps have the notice "+5dB"...

replies: 14 views: 492
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

Hi All: I am using a MBPro with a Metric Halo ULN-8 and Sennheiser and Neumann mics for remote orchestral recordings. My rig...

replies: 102 views: 7,731
9sbean 2 weeks ago

Hello, I'll record a strings orchestra into a Church. I usually record with a couple of schoeps KM2s (AB omni) but I don't...

replies: 26 views: 1,705
OrganMaster 2 weeks ago

The DR-701D

replies: 31 views: 4,832
Schoeller 2 weeks ago

Does anyone have user experienced with the SE Electronics RN17 Rupert Neve SDCs for recording classical music? As usual (outside...

John Pk
replies: 0 views: 304
John Pk 2 weeks ago

I am trying to keep a bunch of these going for the foreseeable future and I need the schematics and service manual. Alesis was...

replies: 17 views: 1,214
hughshouse 2 weeks ago

Shapeways is hosting the manufacture of 3D printed APE spheres, as you can see here: 40mm Acoustic Sphere (20mm mic) (AZDHQKV6Q)...

replies: 30 views: 2,011
dseetoo 2 weeks ago

Sorry in advance for the lengthy post. I have been trying to love my Samar VL373A active stereo ribbon but I have concluded...

replies: 57 views: 1,875
Geoff Poulton 2 weeks ago

OK so I'm really unclear on the best practices here. Most people say, put M/S pair (or whatever stereo arrangement) up 8-12ft...

replies: 110 views: 8,052
Rolo 46 2 weeks ago

I need to demo a pair of DPA 4006A and DPA 4011. Who is the best or where can I obtain these for demo or rental?? I need for 1...

replies: 5 views: 378
celticrogues 2 weeks ago

Anyone experience with this? Can I contact anyone directly with some questions? thanks! huub

replies: 36 views: 8,978
RevitalRecords 2 weeks ago

I have a bunch of questions about editing a classical music project: how do you guys handle the editing process of a CD?...

replies: 118 views: 5,184
aracu 2 weeks ago

Hello, Which one among the following stereo microphones would you recommand? - Sennheiser MKE 44-P?_ - Audio Technica...

replies: 21 views: 9,498
kajo 3 weeks ago

Hi, all -- I've been surfing a bit and have learned that for some ribbon mics (e.g. Royer 121, according to Royer's info),...

replies: 13 views: 9,189
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Price under $1000... This may be their response to Zoom. Interested...

replies: 326 views: 31,897
rojaros 3 weeks ago

I ran into a problem today while testing a new XLR cable. I would appreciate some help here :) To reduce cable clutter I...

replies: 34 views: 835
Schoeller 3 weeks ago

It was a Steinway C, and he was one of these serene wizards-- he'd carted the thing in a horse trailer to the hall, here, in...

replies: 7 views: 654
Swing 3 weeks ago

Hello folks, This topic is for making a Live Jazz Recording (not Live sound). In some situations (especially louder small...

replies: 29 views: 1,053
hughshouse 3 weeks ago

Enter to win a sweet little Sennheiser Ambeo/Zoom/BaseHead/Urban Ambisonics Bundle VR field recording setup giveaway at Pro Sound...

jeff spicoli
replies: 0 views: 291
jeff spicoli 3 weeks ago

What resources could you point to, for me to systematically train my "ears", other than the usual experimentation and...

replies: 15 views: 792
Samc 3 weeks ago

Can you hear the difference between a $500 and $160,000 violin bow? Wow

replies: 39 views: 1,613
dseetoo 3 weeks ago

Hello, I am in the process of putting together a compact, mid-side rig for gathering nature sfx in fairly remote locations. ...

replies: 127 views: 23,578
kevinsinnott 3 weeks ago

Have been close to pulling the trigger on a DAV preamp, and will almost certainly get a two channel. But as far as getting the...

replies: 22 views: 1,467
Plush 3 weeks ago

I would be interested in opinions of Riedels MediorNet or Rocknet. Anyone using it ? Will it interface with other systems other...

replies: 7 views: 1,672
9sbean 3 weeks ago

I know quite a few Remotesters use the Shure SM81, but might not be aware that top end can be improved by removal of a capsule...

replies: 6 views: 713
RPC 3 weeks ago

Anyone had any experience? (US made product) It is supposed to be excellent and at a very reasonable price. ($200-300)

replies: 5 views: 401
studer58 3 weeks ago

This is one thing that always struck me, even from the earliest days of my piano lessons-- there was a whole phony tradition of...

replies: 85 views: 1,999
studer58 3 weeks ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

replies: 362 views: 134,265
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Hello, Sometimes, however impractical it seems, it is useful or at least tempting to get a low-noise LDC pair outside. There...

replies: 25 views: 592
norfolksoundman9 3 weeks ago

Hello all, just wanted to raise some issues I am having with MKH 30/30 MS imaging. So, I have been following as much as I can...

replies: 168 views: 8,554
studer58 3 weeks ago

Hello Slutz, I didn’t see a dedicated thread, so I wanted to publicly say congrats to Mark for his win with Pittsburgh! ...

replies: 11 views: 959
Plush 3 weeks ago

Totally out of my ken, I have been asked to record vocals for 3 country singers for a CD project. They will be bringing backing...

replies: 17 views: 789
KEL 4 weeks ago

Sound Devices buys top UK radio mic co Should be interesting ,Audio ltd have been in RF mics since the 60s Roger

Rolo 46
replies: 9 views: 538
Arthur Stone 4 weeks ago

Neumann brought out the KH 805 in October, currently costing way too much but a good deal, too. Neumann KH 805 Active...

replies: 10 views: 1,865
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

Hi folks, I’m a big fan of the work done by the engineers and producers at Polyhymnia. I’ve followed some of their work...

replies: 4 views: 590
king2070lplaya 4 weeks ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search