The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

For those dinosaurs among us still in the game of peddling concert CD-R's, the issue of media longevity is often a worry in the...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 307
studer58 1 week ago

A client called and wanted me to record some repertoire at home. Today was the test session, my first visit to the site, and the...

hbphotoav
replies: 49 views: 2,109
lukedamrosch 1 week ago

Hi, This is first time i will be recording this kind of music in a church. Here you can see and hear ensamble...

bezdelnik
replies: 8 views: 665
Folkie 1 week ago

I got a gig mixing several performances of a summer festival rendition Damn Yankees and I'm a little nervous going in, mostly...

kweinberg
replies: 35 views: 11,292
philper 1 week ago

Hello, I’m a guitarist from the Netherlands (Europe) and I’m looking for a new mobile rig to record my own performances of...

PTP
replies: 18 views: 1,747
whippoorwill 1 week ago

This is one of my first location recordings for a string quartet with a custom-built mobile setup. Won't go into any details...

justmusic
replies: 5 views: 574
justmusic 1 week ago

This screen-shot is from a Cubs broadcast. To celebrate Memorial Day, the TV announcers were calling the game from the...

andrewh
replies: 19 views: 7,521
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hello all! First of all, thanks for your help -- I've found this forum incredibly insightful as I delve into the wonderful...

musicman84
replies: 51 views: 5,131
sax512 1 week ago

Dear Recording Experts, I've been working on improving my cello recordings and almost have a complete video recording of the...

pbnjay
replies: 16 views: 891
Lurcher_lover 1 week ago

Okay, so I've been trying to work out how to expand my system.. I need to integrate a headphone amp into my current system - but...

-Noodles-
replies: 14 views: 5,445
jwxddx 1 week ago

I've got a nice quality audio interface and Cubase, but I'm thinking about buying a standalone portable recorder. I don't really...

deejayen
replies: 3 views: 516
deejayen 1 week ago

So, what video cameras are you guys using when you are asked to provide video and audio for audition or live performance...

jnorman
replies: 150 views: 5,868
hbphotoav 1 week ago

Hello, here is my newly designed homepage: Home | Sound as good as you sound ...

rojaros
replies: 3 views: 326
rojaros 1 week ago

This isn't really about remote recording, but it's about string players so I figured the folks here would know the most about it....

Brent Hahn
replies: 18 views: 752
Lurcher_lover 2 weeks ago

Hey, all. I finally got to try this on my last orchestra recording, and liked it a lot! I used KM140's in ORTF and OM-1's (first...

seanmccoy
replies: 8 views: 462
jnorman 2 weeks ago

I would like to know if for my type of work which is mainly recording classical music by the use of Pro Tools including a Merging...

Gaston69
replies: 10 views: 2,813
TMetzinger 2 weeks ago

Here's a review of the new Extinct audio passive ribbon mics (complete with ears !), made in the UK and inspired by the revered...

studer58
replies: 52 views: 3,422
zebra50 2 weeks ago

Dear all, My wife wants to record a CD with "obscure" repertoire for viola and piano. While I am an amateur...

VlaVlnPlayer
replies: 49 views: 2,135
Given To Fly 2 weeks ago

Last weekend I recorded a youth orchestra with an outstanding young pianist. It was a wooden church, and the piano was open (lid...

jimjazzdad
replies: 6 views: 491
emenelton 2 weeks ago

Everyone loves the new Sound Devices MixPre series, and with good reason in terms of the quality. But... they do not provide an...

John Pk
replies: 13 views: 634
Folkie 2 weeks ago

Hi all, this is a recent recording (extract) I made locally of the Ravel Introduction and Allegro as part of a chamber concert...

Early21
replies: 32 views: 1,544
Early21 2 weeks ago

This will likely only be of interest to those using Reaper for location recording currently, and wanting to use it for editing of...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 1,325
bradh 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I need a small portable recorder for wildlife sound recording. I'm a bit out of touch with all this, and don't really...

wallyburger
replies: 81 views: 13,549
norfolksoundman9 2 weeks ago

I'll soon be recording an acoustic duo in my home studio, and I'm hoping for some advice on starting points for mic selection and...

gipper
replies: 4 views: 435
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I've had some doubts on where I should post this, here or in "Low End Theory", because I am going to both do a record...

E.C.
replies: 1 views: 334
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hi dear forum members, i have 3 mics for recording classical guitar in a small room, would you lend me your ears? Here is...

elguitarrero
replies: 7 views: 490
rumleymusic 2 weeks ago

I record mostly strings (violin, viola, cello) in solo settings and with piano accompaniment. Occasionally, I record solo piano,...

VlaVlnPlayer
replies: 24 views: 1,283
TMetzinger 2 weeks ago

NAB 2013 - NAGRA VII - YouTube Take the LB, increase the connectivity, including mobile broadband ... just the thing for...

panatrope
replies: 102 views: 19,397
Simmosonic 2 weeks ago

Hello, Anyone willing to share which SDHC / SDXC memory card brand / model he uses successfully with his Sony PCM-D100...

amundsen
replies: 2 views: 1,034
Christo1 2 weeks ago

I am new to M/S recording (or recording in general if I may be humble) and I wondered if some of you could share tips and...

Octave Octavio
replies: 81 views: 5,244
Larry Elliott 2 weeks ago

I have absolutely had it with Pro Tools. A 6101 error hosed me this weekend; fortunately just the back up. Then no help with...

tourtelot
replies: 77 views: 2,875
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

A colleague has drawn this interesting device to my attention - see Fostex Press Releases - Broadcast, Film and Pro Audio for...

Ozpeter
replies: 9 views: 6,676
Edthehorse 2 weeks ago

This enquiry is not to do with which microphones to use for recording violin and piano, but about the positioning of the players,...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 143 views: 5,535
aracu 3 weeks ago

I'm very curious to hear some other forum members’ insights about this. What are the techniques that people are using these...

BrianHanke
replies: 236 views: 42,269
aracu 3 weeks ago

Just happened to see this on Youtube. Beside the obvious marketing in the video, I found the "piano" interesting. I...

ljudatervinning
replies: 22 views: 787
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

Hello all, I am considering purchasing a pair of MK22 capsules sometime later this year for the CMC6 bodies I currently use...

lukedamrosch
replies: 53 views: 5,583
lukedamrosch 3 weeks ago

I happened across this article in Tape Op, recommending that nearfield speakers be 67.5" apart and 4 foot to the ear (the...

studer58
replies: 7 views: 755
lukedamrosch 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone, Over the past year or so, I have been working regularly with some New England-area musicians who specialize in...

lukedamrosch
replies: 21 views: 927
Simmosonic 3 weeks ago

Hi! I am thinking of buying a couple of Rode NTR´s for recording chamber music, choir, choir with chamber orchestra, and...

knuttta
replies: 54 views: 3,923
uvasonar 3 weeks ago

So im recording a grand piano and opera singer quite soon and am a little out of my comfort zone here. I dont have any budget...

howesaudio
replies: 10 views: 522
howesaudio 3 weeks ago

Looking for recommendations of active studio monitors up to the 1200USD/1000EUR region. Neumann KH 120A would be the limit,...

ithinknot
replies: 16 views: 928
John Willett 3 weeks ago

When you're running a main recorder and a backup, in the event that you have to use files from both, how do you sync them up?

Brent Hahn
replies: 31 views: 1,019
tourtelot 3 weeks ago

Hey Im looking for a case to carry my SCD's i'm using universal cases that fit 58's etc horizontally. i don't like to put more...

THE_NIK
replies: 58 views: 3,407
norfolksoundman9 3 weeks ago

I realize they are different animals but I have the MLA8 and I like it. So, I'm wondering if I should add another one or go for...

neve1064
replies: 26 views: 3,167
bremusound 3 weeks ago

Can this recorder be used as a multi-track recorder? For example, record one instrument, then overdub another while monitoring...

deejayen
replies: 0 views: 295
deejayen 3 weeks ago

Miyo dac

Anyone had any experience? (US made product) It is supposed to be excellent and at a very reasonable price. ($200-300)

Lurcher_lover
replies: 32 views: 2,457
bwanajim 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, on short notice I was hired to record a acoustic set (two guitars, two voices) in a living room situation. The...

Sound of Essen
replies: 15 views: 687
2manyrocks 4 weeks ago

Will anyone here be attending the world's #1 convention for classical recordists? Tonmeistertagung 2018 in Cologne,...

Plush
replies: 21 views: 1,276
Ulrich 4 weeks ago

I’m not sure what the problem was, but the sound was F’d –up. Especially the vocals. Sounded like the singers...

Cap'n Spanky
replies: 34 views: 7,781
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Location recording question. We record a local Chorale (40-50 singers) several times a year, almost always in a different...

jpb6061
replies: 8 views: 645
jpb6061 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search