The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Anyone have any info on whether any new items will be shown. My guess is that they are going to respond to the Nomad soon.

AB3
replies: 3 views: 1,248
Rolo 46 16th April 2012
replies: 0 views: 583
Ramchandra 16th April 2012

I'm finalizing a setup for recording a brass group (9 players) in a church. A friend of mine said he had an extra Royer R-101 he...

TasteySound
replies: 3 views: 796
Tommy-boy 16th April 2012

Gaff Tape

Are there any problems with buying the cheap no-name gaffers tape or should I just stick with the Permacel?

WVUtubadude
replies: 33 views: 10,093
Tommy-boy 16th April 2012

All, I recently landed a mixing gig for a HUGE band and they gave me a hard drive with around 60 tracks of a live performance...

s0nguy
replies: 19 views: 11,213
Broken_English 15th April 2012

I've been looking into getting a portable recorder and initially it was going to be between the sony d50 and the h4n. Recently;...

InternJesse
replies: 5 views: 6,831
dagogo 15th April 2012

Hi there, I´m occasionaly recording orchestral music and am thinking on expanding my studio setup into this direction. I...

Shaman
replies: 44 views: 8,287
Bibster 14th April 2012

I'm looking to kill two birds with one mid-priced stone, the stone being a digital recorder. The birds: Field recording with...

guyburns
replies: 0 views: 1,044
guyburns 14th April 2012

Hey Remote Slutz, I will be recording a couple festival shows over the summer. Standard mixer is a Digi Venue Profile. I plan...

Brian Cares
replies: 6 views: 1,419
philper 13th April 2012

I'm considering either a Tascam DV RA1000HD or a Korg MR2000S as a PCM and DSD backup recorder for location work (the primary...

Thor
replies: 11 views: 13,770
Jim Williams 13th April 2012

Hello All, Is there anyone in Seattle who could download a Shostakovich recording and create an audio CD by tomorrow...

dongler
replies: 1 views: 691
tourtelot 12th April 2012

Hi guys, I am looking for some advice on improving live sound, without the added weight/space of lugging around the extra...

jr4ah4eva
replies: 9 views: 1,625
jr4ah4eva 12th April 2012

For those of you who do freelance live and/or remote work, let's see a list of the adapters you don't travel without...XLR to...

garysjo
replies: 9 views: 1,199
Bibster 12th April 2012

3 Audio-technica AT8410a shock mounts, and 2 Jecklin discs, both with mic mount fixtures. One of the Jecklin discs was sold...

TedXNightshade
replies: 6 views: 886
Matti 12th April 2012

Hi everyone, I've done a search and haven't been able to find anything on this particular idea. I'm contemplating the idea...

MaximumAdams
replies: 14 views: 1,804
MaximumAdams 11th April 2012

Has anyone successfully used any of the Echo Firewire interfaces with iBook G4? For my remote recording setup, I bought a...

Mel Famie
replies: 0 views: 635
Mel Famie 11th April 2012

Hello everyone: I will be recording a chamber choir (~20 singers) in three weeks in a very small church. The ensemble will be...

Hoontar
replies: 0 views: 736
Hoontar 11th April 2012

So, it seems Sennheiser aren't really big on getting a pair of KM133:s to me for testing. Would like to hear peoples experience...

JonesH
replies: 0 views: 792
JonesH 10th April 2012

Hi, I study in wildlife lab in korea and my lab plans to make guide to Korea bird sounds. I planned to buy Sennheiser...

Minsu
replies: 10 views: 4,001
John Willett 10th April 2012

I'm preparing for a recital recording on Wednesday, and thought I'd post this to see what your suggestions would be. Each piece...

recordinghopkins
replies: 7 views: 1,687
recordinghopkins 10th April 2012

whats the best snake length for FOH at festival gigs? trying to decide if something in the 200ft range will be enough or if its...

tjstrain
replies: 2 views: 1,440
jasonraboin 10th April 2012

Hi all, Been thinking of picking up a relatively inexpensive portable recorder, for times when using the laptop and MR816 just...

jimcroisdale
replies: 2 views: 970
jnorman 10th April 2012

Hi there I´m looking for an affordable stereo boom at least 50 cms for AB recordings á la dpa / schoeps. 500 bucks for a...

Shaman
replies: 25 views: 4,024
Bibster 9th April 2012

Hello all, I work at a small venue (75-125 capacity) and we in the process of upgrading our sound, piece-by-piece - on a...

tortoiseinmolass
replies: 7 views: 2,860
hbphotoav 9th April 2012

I'm looking to upgrade my well used net-book PC and wondering if a tablet style unit will be up to the task and if anyone has...

OzGizmo
replies: 6 views: 1,500
polytope 9th April 2012

Doing a live performance with a 20 piece string section, any reccomendations on mics and pre, as well as setup? I've heard Decca...

bowdagger
replies: 3 views: 1,063
audibell 9th April 2012

Hi guys, so I have an Edirol R-44 as well as Marantz PMD661. Used both on location to record 2 Senheisser lav's as well as a Rode...

chlywly
replies: 6 views: 1,656
Tommy-boy 8th April 2012

Hi, At the link below, you'll find an mp3 recording of Byrd's Ave Verum Corpus using the Sony PCM-M10 set at 44.1/16. The track...

polytope
replies: 0 views: 1,495
polytope 7th April 2012

I own a lightly used Sound Devices 744T. I'm interested in the Nagra VI to have access to more channels without having to pack...

maestro
replies: 60 views: 6,063
boojum 7th April 2012

ooooh... what a shame..... what happened to the good old live half-time shows....:facepalm:

lematrix
replies: 199 views: 15,753
Sounds Great 7th April 2012

Hi guys, I had a talk regarding this not long ago both with sound technicians and musicians. Different contexts and different...

oncloudnine
replies: 33 views: 5,277
joelpatterson 7th April 2012

Next week I'm shooting a new series. Shooting will be done on a Canon c300. I use my Sound Devices 744t. What is the timecode...

geluidsband.be
replies: 2 views: 5,184
geluidsband.be 6th April 2012

I have to do some recording soon of some solo flute works and a couple of flute ensembles. I have a nice controlled room to...

hp1xbg
replies: 1 views: 1,018
NorseHorse 6th April 2012

I am in the process of researching and designing an off-grid mobile studio. I am monitoring my current energy use and seeing...

adamski
replies: 24 views: 2,314
adamski 5th April 2012

Good morning everybody. For my remote recording truck I have the choice between two boards: MIDAS VERONA 480 or MIDAS XL 200- 44....

Hamburg
replies: 4 views: 4,900
manysounds 5th April 2012

Hello all, I'm hoping to buy a Porta Brace AR-1000 Audio Recorder Case for my PortaDAT. Anyone know of one, or where I could...

mlien
replies: 1 views: 781
RobertMiles 5th April 2012

I'm looking to hire 24 channels of high quality mic pre and D to A for a job in early Jan. 3 x RME Micstasy would be...

matthewd
replies: 2 views: 1,032
digistu 5th April 2012

Hey. I'm planning the upcoming live show, my first one, which will be in auditorium. I'm curious, if you have experience in...

kieros
replies: 6 views: 793
kieros 5th April 2012

I'm about to pick up an MKH 8060 and was wondering if I should get the Sennheiser blimp/mount/muff stuff or should I go with the...

needlz
replies: 27 views: 3,668
John Willett 4th April 2012

has any one checked these out yet JBL :: Product Family

RightOnRome
replies: 0 views: 1,286
RightOnRome 4th April 2012

Who has used it? How did you use it? and how did it work?

hanuman
replies: 1 views: 1,431
elgrillo 4th April 2012

Hi! I have the finances to buy some Schoeps microphones, and it would be great to have some suggestions on which combination...

whirl
replies: 5 views: 1,408
whirl 4th April 2012

Hi. Firstly, I have scoured Gearslutz for suggestions, and I know many of you will groan and yet another mic advice post. As I...

organism
replies: 11 views: 1,343
organism 3rd April 2012

I currently have 4 B52 ax1515 and im totally sick of them for live music.. program stuff sounds great .. i was thinking about,...

RightOnRome
replies: 4 views: 1,186
hbphotoav 2nd April 2012

A local university choir that I've worked with for a couple of years is planning a concert tour to Europe next year. They've...

srscpa
replies: 13 views: 1,122
hbphotoav 2nd April 2012

i have had various pro tools rig for over a decade.and it really don't fit the way im working these days. im constantly having...

boomer81
replies: 0 views: 572
boomer81 2nd April 2012

I was just listening to some of my favourite orchestral classics lately and thought that I would really like to listen to some...

The Listener
replies: 33 views: 5,682
aracu 2nd April 2012

Hey all! Thanks for allowing me to become a part of the conversations! This is my first post here, so I'd like to make it a...

beldabeast67
replies: 13 views: 1,701
kpgdrums 2nd April 2012

I know this topic has been touched on in other forums but through all my searching I didn't come across an answer to my question...

micahcore
replies: 12 views: 2,208
philper 2nd April 2012

I'm looking for a small and light mic stand that (when folded) fits in a bag that is 44cm high om the inside. It should be pretty...

akej
replies: 13 views: 9,657
Douglas Whates 1st April 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search