The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey guys! I am mixing some tracks for a festival(audience of approx.20000) that they're going to use for some promo film...

Zeppelin
replies: 5 views: 915
Zeppelin 7th June 2012

Hello, I am long-time lurker, first-time poster. I recently decided that I wanted to start recording in the great outdoors -...

audiohack
replies: 9 views: 5,478
jlacy12 7th June 2012

I'm in the early stages of designing a mobile, and hopefully off-grid studio, as me and my partner are going to live on a friends...

adamski
replies: 13 views: 7,264
adamski 7th June 2012

Hello. I do a lot of location sound for cable TV shows. I use a rode ntg3, and notice it loses it's "in your face"...

ppen
replies: 27 views: 11,986
birdboy 7th June 2012

Hi. Conductor said "It's ok" after listening to the concert recording (university choir, non musicians students) I'm...

willi1203
replies: 54 views: 3,432
king2070lplaya 7th June 2012

I'm in the market for a new boom pole, what I'm after is as light as possible (most likely carbon fibre) I don't mind lots of...

OzGizmo
replies: 1 views: 1,234
apple-q 7th June 2012

The topic of DI came up on another thread, thats starting to get too long. So I thought I'd create this thread to focus on that a...

EricS
replies: 0 views: 1,304
EricS 7th June 2012

I'm the father (and acting manager) of a teen pop singer/songwriter/dancer. She's not a superstar, but we've been getting more...

EricS
replies: 17 views: 1,509
M4-10 7th June 2012

What mic is Ray Charles singing into in this great performance ?...

sedohr
replies: 6 views: 1,531
Marantzguy 7th June 2012

I am looking for some general tips on using omnis as a main pickup in front of an orchestra. I find that I get very good...

king2070lplaya
replies: 13 views: 2,082
king2070lplaya 7th June 2012

What chassis part is this? And what multiconnector should fit on this?

muziekschuur
replies: 10 views: 2,027
muziekschuur 7th June 2012

Just wanted to know if anyone here have any experience with the UA DCS remote preamp. I'm not interested in it's detailed...

mljung
replies: 4 views: 8,086
danny 6th June 2012

First, I have to admit that I've mainly been lurking for the past few months since I discovered Gearslutz. Hopefully as I learn...

over-man
replies: 12 views: 3,302
ray_subsonic 6th June 2012

So, I am a freelance production sound mixer. My current kit is a PSC Alpha Mix and a Tascam DR-680. The PSC has a built in NP-1...

LuisAM
replies: 3 views: 853
Matti 6th June 2012

Sorry, I moved this to the gear forum.

FB4
replies: 0 views: 1,175
FB4 6th June 2012

Here's the Dies Irae. "Emergency recording" (called on the morning to record the concert). Hall is 1200 seats / only...

willi1203
replies: 30 views: 2,525
aracu 5th June 2012
replies: - views: -
timothyclee 5th June 2012

Hey all, Is it possible to daisy chain (ADAC / Firewire / USB) two similar Interfaces together and use them for more inputs? I...

ALMODrummer
replies: 1 views: 718
geohanson 4th June 2012

I work with a choir director who never wants to have microphone stands between her and the choir. She says they are upsetting to...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 127 views: 10,792
Geoff Poulton 4th June 2012

My aging MacBook Pro is rather dying and I am thinking of a new laptop (also to be used for remote recordings - occasional choirs...

ISedlacek
replies: 65 views: 23,998
funkyman21 4th June 2012

E5dnhGdcygc From ballet to the strains of Strauss in a Black Box Theater, to the wailing of bluegrass out in the sunshine,...

joelpatterson
replies: 1 views: 608
boojum 3rd June 2012

Anyone know of any?

willw
replies: 4 views: 3,919
Kole 3rd June 2012

Hi, I need a new pair of omnis, mostly for organ, choirs and orchestras. Until now I have recorded in A-B (sometimes with a...

ruidostudios
replies: 33 views: 62,012
ruidostudios 3rd June 2012

I have an Olympus LS-11 portable recorder which I use mostly to record interviews. I have just started trying to use a shure SM57...

ElectricPeach
replies: 8 views: 1,389
joelpatterson 2nd June 2012

Hi FOlks I searched, I don't think this has been posted about before. It seems DigiCo are busting out a remote record...

potscrubber
replies: 0 views: 2,279
potscrubber 2nd June 2012

Hello there! Just wanted to ask, if someone has ever tried to extend the reach of a USB Interface (Fireface UFX for example)...

Tinu_CH
replies: 13 views: 4,962
Ozpeter 2nd June 2012

Hello, I have the following question. Most live mixes i do are either for live broadcast or kind of live on tape. It is mostly...

baldrian
replies: 10 views: 1,324
surflounge 1st June 2012

the other day I emailed my nearest church to ask if I could hire it for a few hours to do some recording in. (Myself playing some...

binarymilton
replies: 7 views: 922
John Willett 1st June 2012

I'm looking to run a Schoeps M/S rig into a Sound Devices 702. I know the preferred way is to go full CCM, but I already have one...

weltarm
replies: 4 views: 1,748
Celloman 1st June 2012

sY67jv-oxE0 If you want to talk about child prodigies, you better be ready to wish Maceo Pray a happy sixth birthday! His...

joelpatterson
replies: 4 views: 1,016
joelpatterson 1st June 2012

Hey Slutz, We have a huge event in a few weeks in the twin cities area where we need to run less than 1000' of digital...

roonsbane
replies: 6 views: 1,047
roonsbane 1st June 2012

Video: The Goat Rodeo Sessions Live | Watch Goat Rodeo Online | PBS Video Is that a KM84 on Thile's mandolin? or something...

mandodon
replies: 2 views: 919
fifthcircle 1st June 2012

I Recorded the Kit Downes Quintet on the Quiet Tiger tour earlier this year in a local Jazz club/pub (Dempseys in Cardiff if...

AlexK
replies: 12 views: 1,607
AlexK 31st May 2012

Hi all. Tried Glen Hatch but he hasn't returned my call. Anyone else on the in the USA that might have, and rent 8x DPA...

tourtelot
replies: 3 views: 801
tourtelot 31st May 2012
replies: - views: -
synthoid 31st May 2012

Hi there to all..well this is the situation. I have to record a concert for piano and flute(got all the equipment, schoeps mk4,...

lunaris
replies: 10 views: 1,161
surflounge 31st May 2012

Lengthy thread title, but I'm looking to have a handful of questions answered, so if someone can answer them, or point me to a...

big crouton
replies: 18 views: 1,530
GZsound 31st May 2012

I am contemplating purchasing some powered speakers. I expect to be upgrading my gear soon, but I've got some random pieces I'm...

TheGangiSound
replies: 1 views: 1,421
hbphotoav 31st May 2012

For live performance my question is about the classical accoustic guitar , most of the sound techs in my country don't make the...

beleza
replies: 9 views: 2,656
studer58 31st May 2012

Hi there! I am planning to explore my own city and take a digital recorder with me to capture sounds. Which i then will use...

boybianchi
replies: 4 views: 672
boybianchi 30th May 2012

Does anyone know what mic / pair of mics this is? Used for the 2011 International Barbershop Quartet Competition.

TasteySound
replies: 3 views: 3,812
huub 29th May 2012

Whats my best option here. currently i record in with two mic setup for my acoustic/violin and a nice vocal mic, piano is in...

idrisguitar
replies: 1 views: 1,210
Richard Crowley 29th May 2012

I've recently become interested in field recording and was wondering if there's any dedicated threads here on the subject. More...

K.Lastima
replies: 17 views: 4,190
tachyon42 28th May 2012

Hi all, I'm after a new pair of monitors to replace my current M-Audio AV40's (If you could call them monitors!) I've been...

geohanson
replies: 5 views: 1,107
geohanson 28th May 2012

Doug Young is a member who posts only rarely, he probably wouldn't think to blow his own horn like this, but he just put up a...

Fran Guidry
replies: 1 views: 767
boojum 28th May 2012

anyone use a ribbon with a SD USBpre2? I'm thinking of picking up a pair of AEAr84's and have been considering getting the...

nnajar
replies: 2 views: 1,178
PoxyMusic 28th May 2012

What does the cable look like, i was thinking a female midi to usb but im not 100% ure plz help. thank you <script...

Dirtst3r
replies: 5 views: 711
Dirtst3r 27th May 2012

Hi, I am in search for a plugin transmitter for the sitcom i am going to record next month. Though wired boom would be an...

11miles
replies: 3 views: 871
11miles 27th May 2012

Hi, I do stand up comedy. Just got home from guitar center where I asked the guys there if this was possible. They sent me home...

kilerb
replies: 2 views: 767
adamboon 27th May 2012

My buddy has a deep obsession with 3D video and shoots our snow trips on a collection of portable GoPro rigs. He works in the...

DoctorG
replies: 15 views: 1,657
DoctorG 26th May 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search