The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,582
Views: 2,582
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've recently become interested in field recording and was wondering if there's any dedicated threads here on the subject. More...

K.Lastima
replies: 17 views: 4,182
tachyon42 28th May 2012

Hi all, I'm after a new pair of monitors to replace my current M-Audio AV40's (If you could call them monitors!) I've been...

geohanson
replies: 5 views: 1,104
geohanson 28th May 2012

Doug Young is a member who posts only rarely, he probably wouldn't think to blow his own horn like this, but he just put up a...

Fran Guidry
replies: 1 views: 767
boojum 28th May 2012

anyone use a ribbon with a SD USBpre2? I'm thinking of picking up a pair of AEAr84's and have been considering getting the...

nnajar
replies: 2 views: 1,176
PoxyMusic 28th May 2012

What does the cable look like, i was thinking a female midi to usb but im not 100% ure plz help. thank you <script...

Dirtst3r
replies: 5 views: 708
Dirtst3r 27th May 2012

Hi, I am in search for a plugin transmitter for the sitcom i am going to record next month. Though wired boom would be an...

11miles
replies: 3 views: 871
11miles 27th May 2012

Hi, I do stand up comedy. Just got home from guitar center where I asked the guys there if this was possible. They sent me home...

kilerb
replies: 2 views: 764
adamboon 27th May 2012

My buddy has a deep obsession with 3D video and shoots our snow trips on a collection of portable GoPro rigs. He works in the...

DoctorG
replies: 15 views: 1,655
DoctorG 26th May 2012

Hi all Here is a clip from a concert recording I did last weekend, and I'm after comments please. We're doing a CD recording...

organism
replies: 8 views: 1,035
Nobilmente 25th May 2012

I have decided to build a fleet of road cases for my gear. I am doing more and more remote recording and it is a major PITA to...

lynngraber
replies: 11 views: 3,586
lynngraber 25th May 2012

does anyone know if Tascam US-2000 works with Pro Tools 10? It used to work with 9 but before buying I wanna make sure. Thanks

marcnyc
replies: 1 views: 2,331
marcnyc 25th May 2012

Hey guys, I've found a cool little plugin for ableton live that makes splits for me (example: Brass sound left of the keyboard...

saken
replies: 1 views: 717
saken 25th May 2012

Anyone know for certain either way if the line-in on this panel does or doesn't bypass the mic preamps? Thanks. D.

tourtelot
replies: 6 views: 2,576
tourtelot 25th May 2012

Alright, so I'm sitting here working on some storyboards for a documentary I'm producing this summer, and kind of realizing that...

SynthLine09
replies: 2 views: 888
philper 25th May 2012

Hi guys, what do you think about floor miking for solo piano or piano/chamber classical live recordings? Should I investigate...

achabloop5080
replies: 9 views: 1,926
Ozpeter 25th May 2012

I am looking to rent a Toft 24 input or other portable HQ panel for an upcoming recording that I am doing in Seattle June 6 and...

tourtelot
replies: 0 views: 597
tourtelot 24th May 2012

Hi everyone, We are going to studio to record a single and this song starts with a sweet piano melody and the kick also...

jparis
replies: 2 views: 922
leitmo 24th May 2012

Hi, I recently invested in a Mac Mini Server i7 with 8 GB of ram to replace my aging DIY Q6600 computer workstation in my...

Mats H
replies: 5 views: 1,753
frans 24th May 2012

Hello everyone, how are you? Well I wanted to ask, really, how much it degrades the signal splited? In any case what you think is...

Emiliano
replies: 16 views: 2,122
Emiliano 24th May 2012

Hi everyone, We are going to studio to record a single and this song starts with a sweet piano melody and the kick also...

jparis
replies: 0 views: 547
jparis 23rd May 2012

any slutz in atlanta have mic pres they would like to rent ... need something decent ... ATi / API / .... etc ... please...

jwh1192
replies: 13 views: 1,556
wirebox 23rd May 2012

I am looking to rent five DPA clip-on condenser microphones for four acoustic guitars and a dobro. Need them for performances on...

tourtelot
replies: 0 views: 600
tourtelot 23rd May 2012

Hey guys first post here hope you can help me out! I need to record a live show soon to pro tools and need to know everything...

wattsy84
replies: 2 views: 3,312
Karl. 23rd May 2012

i am still not completely clear on the effect of mic angle on apparent stereo spread. someone mentioned in a recent thread that...

jnorman
replies: 38 views: 18,719
chris319 23rd May 2012

Hello Everyone, There's a nice review of Jim Williams' High Speed Mic Preamp in TapeOp magazine. I have such unit and all I...

sunflute
replies: 27 views: 11,194
Jim Williams 23rd May 2012

Hello this is more of a recommendation request. I've been listening to a lot of Billie Holiday's Lady in Satin album and also her...

islandfrere
replies: 3 views: 809
JazzSax_UT 23rd May 2012

Hi Everyone, I recently recorded a "chamber rock" concert that included a cello as one of main features. Initially,...

Extramission
replies: 4 views: 1,820
GZsound 22nd May 2012

Hi Everybody, The nonprofit I work for needs a new field recorder. We will need to record in spaces like small churches. There...

BreakAesthetechs
replies: 8 views: 2,531
Ozpeter 22nd May 2012

I know this has been discussed a number of times before, but the threads are fairly old and don’t really deal with the issues I...

Kingjellybean
replies: 3 views: 2,030
hbphotoav 22nd May 2012

heyall This might seem as a broken record on repeat, but here goes. Another choir concert with my choir, recorded with an RME...

Mats H
replies: 19 views: 1,616
Mats H 21st May 2012

Does anyone know the part number for the leg connector on Sound Workshop consoles? I believe it is a 36 pin or 38 pin molex. ...

danly
replies: 0 views: 575
danly 21st May 2012

I have posed with the task of creating a documentary for a drum and bugle corps this summer. Its an activity I love, and I get...

SynthLine09
replies: 4 views: 1,198
Bibster 21st May 2012

Hi guys, I've got a piece being premiered this October at a nice church here in Seattle. It's for string quartet, piano, and...

mistople
replies: 17 views: 3,561
The Listener 21st May 2012

Hi there, I'm looking for a bog standard (albeit small) mic stand (with boom), but it has to fit in a flight case so the...

ta56636
replies: 7 views: 1,404
Dave C 20th May 2012

A couple of weeks from now, I have the opportunity to record a 2-hour concert featuring several amateur classical ensembles and a...

evinrude
replies: 6 views: 1,620
evinrude 20th May 2012

I am looking for a venue to record an unaccompanied choral CD, within easy travelling distance of London. Normally I would be...

panphonic
replies: 0 views: 619
panphonic 20th May 2012

So I've had experience in mixing, installing, building, live, studio, ect., and now I'm looking to get some sort of education and...

RYTE Audio
replies: 3 views: 979
fifthcircle 20th May 2012

hi guys - i am planning on upgrading my monitors for classical/chamber music material. i am currently using a pair of yamaha...

jnorman
replies: 16 views: 2,467
hustle 20th May 2012

Just wondering what peoples' favourite reference singer/songwriter acoustic band albums are. Cheers in advance

toolskid
replies: 60 views: 15,658
rmx16 20th May 2012

I have a pair of Sennheiser 8020s which I love. Why do I love them? Because of their sweet sound. I do not like their size,...

AB3
replies: 2 views: 2,176
JEGG 19th May 2012

So, after last year's big discussion here about laptops for remote recording, I knew I had to get a little more serious about...

DCtoDaylight
replies: 14 views: 4,095
DCtoDaylight 19th May 2012

My daughter's jr. high band paid to have themselves recorded in a University opera house. They guy that recorded them had 2 MKH...

yert33
replies: 20 views: 1,501
yert33 19th May 2012

I am looking into the ssl eq native from solid state or the uad Harrison 32c... I would like both but if you had to choose one...

Systanatic
replies: 1 views: 541
Systanatic 18th May 2012

Has anyone tried spheres on Earthworks mics? I like the mics as omnis, but I could use more directionality from time to time...

plus6vu
replies: 3 views: 1,106
hbphotoav 18th May 2012

Spring Sonata 2012 - piano camp for adults - Tindeck MP3 Download It's been my great good fortune to have gotten mixed up with...

joelpatterson
replies: 5 views: 1,037
joelpatterson 18th May 2012

Hey up guys! I am currently on the hunt for a couple of budget 8-way mic splitter (8in to 16out). I am looking at spending...

onemorestep
replies: 10 views: 3,001
recordinghopkins 18th May 2012

Gang, Here's a recording, no, archiving I recently did of my daughter's choir. The live performance (hence the noises) took...

Bibster
replies: 14 views: 1,675
Bibster 18th May 2012

Man for the money and the quality of this brand this seems like a no brainer. 8 tracks. With ability to record both mics to a...

boomer81
replies: 5 views: 1,962
Ozpeter 18th May 2012

I came across a video of a recording session the Canadian Brass did at the Christ Church Deer Park, Toronto Canada, and it struck...

TasteySound
replies: 1 views: 1,084
jnorman 18th May 2012

I searched this issue but could not find an answer. I am aware of how mid-side recording works... to a degree. Typically one...

replies: 77 views: 11,839
JEGG 17th May 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search