The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 423 views: 154,244
Remoteness 4 weeks ago

Would like to get some impressions from your portable recording equipment. Please post your pics here.

Gaston69
replies: 1,549 views: 638,700
benoïde 4 weeks ago

More times than not I bring along my Canon Power Shot S80 digital camera to take pictures of the various production ventures we...

Remoteness
replies: 372 views: 162,334
avillalta 30th May 2018

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 84 views: 67,617
Moke 18th October 2017

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 281 views: 146,230
jimjazzdad 23rd September 2017

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 25,113
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 45,872
resir 17th August 2012

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 102,868
Remoteness 5th August 2010

Hello everyone, Over the past year or so, I have been working regularly with some New England-area musicians who specialize in...

lukedamrosch
replies: 6 views: 206
Folkie 1 hour ago

After the market-disrupting F8 it's good to see another new product :) Wonder what the price point will be?.... peachh

JamesClark1991
replies: 283 views: 23,303
IronFilm 2 hours ago

See MixPre-10M Sounds like a musician-oriented version of the MixPre-10; they'll also offer a "musician plugin" for...

bradh
replies: 315 views: 18,043
onlyme 9 hours ago

I realize they are different animals but I have the MLA8 and I like it. So, I'm wondering if I should add another one or go for...

neve1064
replies: 21 views: 2,882
DaveyJones 10 hours ago

Just happened to see this on Youtube. Beside the obvious marketing in the video, I found the "piano" interesting. I...

ljudatervinning
replies: 0 views: 101
ljudatervinning 11 hours ago

When you're running a main recorder and a backup, in the event that you have to use files from both, how do you sync them up?

Brent Hahn
replies: 15 views: 513
philper 13 hours ago

Hey Folks, Any opinions on the Genex GX8000 as a viable location recording machine in 2009? The manual doesnt seem to be...

mosrite
replies: 28 views: 6,142
Shakedown St. 16 hours ago

Dear all, My wife wants to record a CD with "obscure" repertoire for viola and piano. While I am an amateur...

VlaVlnPlayer
replies: 46 views: 1,534
VlaVlnPlayer 18 hours ago

NAB 2013 - NAGRA VII - YouTube Take the LB, increase the connectivity, including mobile broadband ... just the thing for...

panatrope
replies: 93 views: 18,512
AB3 18 hours ago

So, what video cameras are you guys using when you are asked to provide video and audio for audition or live performance...

jnorman
replies: 120 views: 4,411
chrisso 20 hours ago

I have absolutely had it with Pro Tools. A 6101 error hosed me this weekend; fortunately just the back up. Then no help with...

tourtelot
replies: 56 views: 1,368
TMetzinger 21 hours ago

Hey Im looking for a case to carry my SCD's i'm using universal cases that fit 58's etc horizontally. i don't like to put more...

THE_NIK
replies: 55 views: 3,027
studer58 2 days ago

Miyo dac

Anyone had any experience? (US made product) It is supposed to be excellent and at a very reasonable price. ($200-300)

Lurcher_lover
replies: 32 views: 2,203
bwanajim 2 days ago

Hey everyone, on short notice I was hired to record a acoustic set (two guitars, two voices) in a living room situation. The...

Sound of Essen
replies: 15 views: 442
2manyrocks 2 days ago

Will anyone here be attending the world's #1 convention for classical recordists? Tonmeistertagung 2018 in Cologne,...

Plush
replies: 21 views: 1,170
Ulrich 2 days ago

Looking for recommendations of active studio monitors up to the 1200USD/1000EUR region. Neumann KH 120A would be the limit,...

ithinknot
replies: 14 views: 594
Xenofon 3 days ago

I’m not sure what the problem was, but the sound was F’d –up. Especially the vocals. Sounded like the singers...

Cap'n Spanky
replies: 34 views: 7,633
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Location recording question. We record a local Chorale (40-50 singers) several times a year, almost always in a different...

jpb6061
replies: 8 views: 515
jpb6061 4 days ago

Here's a nice short history of the microphone in (early) popular music: Billie Holiday and the History of the Microphone...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 323
RPC 5 days ago

So I understand that the Sound Devices 788T has a modified preamp design. On one hand, they are marketed as being an...

tsvisser
replies: 35 views: 6,390
philper 5 days ago

I have an opportunity to buy a small remote recording/production truck. The owner is making me a deal that is too good to turn...

JCBigler
replies: 37 views: 1,518
hbphotoav 6 days ago

This enquiry is not to do with which microphones to use for recording violin and piano, but about the positioning of the players,...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 140 views: 5,065
aracu 6 days ago

A 12-mic multi-track of a youth orchestra rehearsal in the local symphony hall. Mics already hanging over the stage so just pick...

tourtelot
replies: 8 views: 512
Thomas W. Bethe 6 days ago

Hello everybody: I want to know if there are any freelance engineers that could mix and master my recordings. I need to records a...

Lovecraft
replies: 4 views: 507
RobAnderson 6 days ago

A client called and wanted me to record some repertoire at home. Today was the test session, my first visit to the site, and the...

hbphotoav
replies: 35 views: 1,435
hbphotoav 6 days ago

So I bought the new Tallis Scholars' Josquin "Gaudeamus," to add to my many other Talllis Scholars recordings, and...

pieter k
replies: 14 views: 651
Rolo 46 6 days ago

I'm recording the stereo out bus of a sound console to 2 tracks of a Sound Devices 744T using AES. On the second set of tracks,...

IraSeigel
replies: 42 views: 1,140
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

Hello all, I am considering purchasing a pair of MK22 capsules sometime later this year for the CMC6 bodies I currently use...

lukedamrosch
replies: 50 views: 5,172
dseetoo 1 week ago

I happened across this article in Tape Op, recommending that nearfield speakers be 67.5" apart and 4 foot to the ear (the...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 579
studer58 1 week ago

Sheesh. I have tried them all. Simple functions like lining up audio with video, titling, import, export, asset management,...

David Spearritt
replies: 180 views: 8,090
David Spearritt 1 week ago

Hi guys, I need to record a live concert with 4-6 microphones but only have a 2 channel A/D converter (Mytek 192 ADC). Since I...

achabloop5080
replies: 59 views: 3,847
c1ferrari 1 week ago

So, I've been working with analog splits for a long time, but the world is quickly drifting towards networked audio for everyone...

RobAnderson
replies: 36 views: 1,095
jwh1192 1 week ago

I'm very curious to hear some other forum members’ insights about this. What are the techniques that people are using these...

BrianHanke
replies: 234 views: 41,632
Plush 1 week ago

I have a Sennheiser MKE 2 that has a 3-pin Lemo connector. This is, apparently, to connect it to wildly expensive wireless...

Anonymatt
replies: 4 views: 392
Anonymatt 1 week ago

Hi, I've been doing some chamber ensemble recordings, mainly quartets/quintets, trios, etc., and usually strings. I've started...

Erichx
replies: 62 views: 14,466
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I did a few searches here, but nothing answered my questions, if someone knows of a relevant thread that I missed, feel free to...

teledub
replies: 48 views: 8,025
RomainT 1 week ago

Just started recording an opera company and I'm pretty happy with most of the work I've done so far. However, there is room for...

fifthcircle
replies: 77 views: 21,926
fred2bern 1 week ago

My apologies if this speaker has already been raised here in discussion, but it strikes me as one which could have the neutrality...

studer58
replies: 9 views: 1,871
bwanajim 1 week ago

Hello Gearslutz! Has anybody got experience using both Rycote and Rode windshield solutions? I am trying to mount a pair of...

ocampbellsound
replies: 5 views: 356
ocampbellsound 1 week ago

A friend of mine was in India a short while back and came home with a beautiful hand made Sitar. We tracked it using...

demel
replies: 10 views: 5,999
Bushman 1 week ago

Has anyone here got their hands on a Rode NT-SF1 yet? There's been a heavy silence since the spring, but several online sellers...

The Magus
replies: 7 views: 549
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi all, Tomorrow I will record the 'Pictures of an exhibition' from Mussorgsky-Ravel in this hall with the same orchestra...

HangArt
replies: 12 views: 452
rumleymusic 1 week ago

Perhaps no one has yet had a chance to demo the Seven, but I thought I'd post just in case. I'm looking for a high quality...

weltarm
replies: 32 views: 6,417
cracker satchmo 1 week ago

I'm in India recording live chants with a Tascam DR-100mkiii. Loud percussion; tambourines, bells, khol drums and harmonium. So...

tk1
replies: 27 views: 727
Simmosonic 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I'm a hobby/ amateur sound designer and composer looking to upgrade my (portable) foley/ sound effects recording...

ruonitb
replies: 8 views: 519
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Asking here because it seems to be where the AoIP folk hang out. Is anyone making a Dante to AVB bridge? I'd like to bring...

lukehatpadl
replies: 49 views: 6,983
Plush 1 week ago

Zylia ZM-1 spherical 19-element mic array...looks intriguing, although reading behind the review it seems the software support...

studer58
replies: 30 views: 2,807
gsbe 1 week ago

Revisiting this due to some sessions coming up and being dissatisfied with what I have, which is basically nothing, except the...

David Spearritt
replies: 62 views: 3,601
moonlamps007 1 week ago

Hi all. This question probably straddles into Live Sound, but my priority here is improving the multitrack recording quality more...

dtube
replies: 27 views: 983
dougm 1 week ago

I’m curious whether anyone has used both the Grace m108 and the focusrite MP8R. I’ve got one Grace, and I’m looking to add...

miketeachesclass
replies: 4 views: 489
miketeachesclass 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search