The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Would like to get some impressions from your portable recording equipment. Please post your pics here.

Gaston69
replies: 1,541 views: 619,986
whippoorwill 1 hour ago

More times than not I bring along my Canon Power Shot S80 digital camera to take pictures of the various production ventures we...

Remoteness
replies: 372 views: 153,383
avillalta 30th May 2018

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 84 views: 63,325
Moke 18th October 2017

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 281 views: 137,973
jimjazzdad 23rd September 2017

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 419 views: 145,293
Tomwaudio 16th May 2017

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 22,210
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 42,889
resir 17th August 2012

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 99,500
Remoteness 5th August 2010

What will follow is some general thoughts that I've been writing down, in relation to the question of how someone would do a...

whippoorwill
replies: 3 views: 169
whippoorwill 1 hour ago

Tomorrow I am recording an orchestra with choir. Looking for advice on technique. I am thinking about a Faulkner II Phased. I am...

emenelton
replies: 34 views: 1,952
emenelton 1 hour ago

Typical magazine tantalizing promo headline: "AT interviews multi-Grammy winning classical engineer Tony Faulkner backstage...

studer58
replies: 153 views: 14,355
tourtelot 2 hours ago

Price under $1000... This may be their response to Zoom. Interested...

Vunz
replies: 366 views: 36,627
studer58 2 hours ago

I’m recording a 20-piece orchestra at the beginning of August. The piece is an original ballet based on “Snow White,”...

jammiedodger666
replies: 36 views: 818
tourtelot 4 hours ago

I have a Nagra 4 S, and am looking at getting a Nagra 4.2 for full format mono tracking, The nagra was packed away for years,...

laddie.music2
replies: 183 views: 47,479
bwanajim 7 hours ago

Zoom comes out with another recording device packing a lot of channels in for a low price. Looks like this will have a street...

Tommy-boy
replies: 17 views: 877
tourtelot 7 hours ago

Pair of Gefell M296 omnis, spaced 35cm, head-height, and set about 2m back. I purchased these mics only a week ago from the...

James Lehmann
replies: 22 views: 1,616
Chuck_S 8 hours ago

Hello everyone ... I would like your references about these preamps. I was determined to purchase a DAV8, but I´ve been told...

wanderer
replies: 120 views: 27,035
Brent Hahn 9 hours ago

I'm looking to buy some Sennheiser SK 100 transmitters/receivers but not sure what wireless band to get. I'm in the UK and don't...

lanmonkey
replies: 0 views: 138
lanmonkey 12 hours ago

Folks in the US! I am currently looking for a venue to record a CD of chamber music near Lawrence KS or Kansas City. We will...

ohmoka
replies: 5 views: 456
ohmoka 14 hours ago

Chuckling about the lots of postings by yours truly. Lots of free time on my hands. Most of my clients depend on input from...

tourtelot
replies: 1 views: 306
Thomas W. Bethe 15 hours ago

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about the height of microphones when recording classical music in an auditorium. When...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 32 views: 1,267
deedeeyeah 15 hours ago

I am looking for optional binaural recording setups that won't force me to sell my car (like the Neumann KU-100 for nearly...

Dory
replies: 32 views: 4,623
sax512 1 day ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post on GearSlutz and I hope to be in the right section. I am a happy owner of a...

Acou
replies: 14 views: 3,134
David Rick 2 days ago

MPA RS 01 - violectric.de This is an intriguing preamp, and all lake people equipment looks to be built to a very high...

whippoorwill
replies: 23 views: 1,052
John Willett 2 days ago

I don't know if this impresses or not....usually I like a little more control over parameters than this ? Sure, as you'd expect,...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 482
Rolo 46 2 days ago

For years I have been quite obsessed by the most appealing way of capturing various acoustic instruments, vocals and ensembles....

ISedlacek
replies: 93 views: 10,547
Karloff70 2 days ago

Just been hired to record a singer songwriter in his home. New record, 12 tracks. Basically we'll be doing the sessions in the...

nobtwiddler
replies: 32 views: 1,326
nobtwiddler 3 days ago

Hi all! For a series of short promotional videos, I've been asked to record audio for the live performances of different...

hugovanmeijeren
replies: 20 views: 2,592
bwanajim 3 days ago

For anyone using SD cards in remote music harvesting, this makes for sobering reading. As the article says, the incentives for...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 493
Muser 3 days ago

I have a burning question... it would probably be buried into oblivion down there where that topic is... So here is my...

The Listener
replies: 1,801 views: 309,518
jpgerard 4 days ago

Hello everybody. I know that the Zoom H6 is the type of recorders used in video setups, but since it´s very good quality it´s...

lagoausente
replies: 10 views: 2,598
lagoausente 4 days ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 426 views: 78,616
jpgerard 4 days ago

Hi, First, here's a bit of background (a bit of a TL;DR-- skip ahead if you wish): Over the last few years, while I've been...

cc333
replies: 4 views: 480
bradh 5 days ago

I can’t seem to get a direct answer. Can I use the Nagra Seven’s two microphone inouts AND the AES Digital Ins all at the...

HelenaBzg
replies: 9 views: 712
bwanajim 5 days ago

I offered to help out a local company that does monthly live videos. They're good people I give business to regularly, and it...

Jumpmonkey
replies: 8 views: 450
Jumpmonkey 6 days ago

Wanted to share this recording with you for those interested in recording with an x32. HS Choir in a large church; lots of...

lyrictenor1
replies: 13 views: 920
audibell 6 days ago

Hey guys, I am about to invest in two lavalier microphones and i'd like to have you opinions about these two lav mics. For...

Hovak
replies: 12 views: 5,765
philper 6 days ago

There are ribbon Blumlein and large condenser Blumlein. But I didn't see any single piece 1/2" condenser Blumlein stereo....

9sbean
replies: 115 views: 5,190
9sbean 6 days ago

Ok, remotesters... Can you lend me your ears and expertise on this one? Natalia Lafourcade has been in heavy rotation around...

bwanajim
replies: 29 views: 826
SocietyOfMind 6 days ago

FYI: as a counter-measure in reaction the new US import tariffs on steel and aluminium, the EU has announced a list of US...

Earcatcher
replies: 94 views: 4,293
John Willett 6 days ago

I have a new website at: Classical Music | Hudson Fair There you can see descriptions of the studio, pictures of recording...

Plush
replies: 22 views: 1,581
Plush 6 days ago

Hello, It's frustrating to choose a pair of good mics to record classical music. It's more simple to choose a good recorder,...

zorba1977
replies: 230 views: 11,618
studer58 6 days ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 370 views: 137,844
lyrictenor1 6 days ago

I don't believe this has been addressed on the Remote forum 'til now: how to record a Tuba quartet ? I'll be recording a public...

studer58
replies: 17 views: 633
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Did a search for similar but couldn't really find anything... Have any of you set up a mono ambient mic (say omni), copied the...

Sunim Koria
replies: 6 views: 576
leddy 1 week ago

I am looking to get an iOS mic so I can record decent demos on the go with my iPhone - not sure which mic suits rap vocals and...

toshko
replies: 10 views: 1,757
Darkmata 1 week ago

Why would someone use an isolation transformer for ac power? Under what circumstances would it be essential and what would happen...

JustAnotherUser
replies: 29 views: 18,497
Richard Crowley 1 week ago

I'm thinking of upgrading different stages in my monitoring, I've got a Neumann KH120 and recently heard a pair of ATC SCM50 ASL....

whippoorwill
replies: 54 views: 3,691
Pno 1 week ago

I have been doing remote recording (classical and choirs primarily) for about 15 years and I want to move from my current Motu...

kgould
replies: 15 views: 1,577
rjaudio 1 week ago

In my 40 m2 mastering room (which is ridiculously small for such test), I played back three test tones (26Hz, 50Hz, 75Hz) as can...

Yannick
replies: 83 views: 2,329
Plush 1 week ago

Sometimes a shock mount is an extra bridge too far, if you're recording on a concrete floor where there's no likelihood of stand...

studer58
replies: 19 views: 706
joelpatterson 1 week ago
replies: 12 views: 1,071
bwanajim 1 week ago

As I weigh my options for a mic locker upgrade, which currently consists exclusively of various SDC's, I'm curious to get some...

lukedamrosch
replies: 36 views: 1,602
James Lehmann 1 week ago

I came across an eBay listing for the now-discontinued AKG CBL99 boundary layer mic, and was surprised to see proudly labeled on...

studer58
replies: 28 views: 1,217
Bushman 1 week ago

Has anyone here had experience using the old British Reslo mics (or the Beeb Xaudia upgrades) in a location recording context...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 319
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Don't know who's seen these but they look pretty hot. If the sonics are as good as the current models and the features are better...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 961 views: 260,821
Difab4 1 week ago

I'm trying to optimise and better my kit slowly and it's nice to get some input from others. Has anyone got a backpack setup for...

whippoorwill
replies: 5 views: 646
whippoorwill 1 week ago

So... I have a whole lot of microphones, and a Peli 1610 with a full complement of foam that is as yet unpicked and unplucked....

Peller
replies: 5 views: 630
studer58 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search