The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Would like to get some impressions from your portable recording equipment. Please post your pics here.

Gaston69
replies: 1,533 views: 596,235
PuebloAudio 5 hours ago

More times than not I bring along my Canon Power Shot S80 digital camera to take pictures of the various production ventures we...

Remoteness
replies: 366 views: 140,376
Simmosonic 29th November 2017

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 84 views: 57,324
Moke 18th October 2017

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 281 views: 126,191
jimjazzdad 23rd September 2017

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 419 views: 133,738
Tomwaudio 16th May 2017

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 18,258
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 38,961
resir 17th August 2012

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 94,631
Remoteness 5th August 2010

Testing file transfer with a morsel of Faure Roger

Rolo 46
replies: 12 views: 372
studer58 1 hour ago

I changed my profile picture but it didnt change. What am I doing wrong? D

tourtelot
replies: 1 views: 42
tourtelot 2 hours ago

I would like to start a discussion on phased arrays in order to learm more about the variables and the do's and don't's involved....

connloyalist
replies: 29 views: 671
tourtelot 2 hours ago

Anyone have one that I can rent to help me eliminate my remote as the source of the problems I am having getting the remote to...

tourtelot
replies: 5 views: 375
tourtelot 2 hours ago

Greetings, Longtime lurker, haven't posted in a while. I have recently been promoted in my job at a University and one of my...

ecologie
replies: 0 views: 137
ecologie 12 hours ago

Well, quite a number of you guys were interested in those mics recently. So here we go: 3 short new music heh samples from a...

brle
replies: 83 views: 18,520
d_fu 17 hours ago

Hello, I have made a comparison test on recording pipe organ with the KM184 and MK4 mic. Setup : Stereo DIN (90°-20cm) -...

OrganMaster
replies: 8 views: 789
d_fu 18 hours ago

I've been searching for a post that I saw (I thought here) about repacking the standard Nagra VI battery pack with higher...

JackHenry
replies: 116 views: 6,254
Schoeller 20 hours ago

Price under $1000... This may be their response to Zoom. Interested...

Vunz
replies: 321 views: 29,743
norfolksoundman9 21 hours ago

Hello Slutz, Wanting to get some feedback on what stage snakes you may be using, and your opinions of same. I'm looking to...

hughesmr
replies: 46 views: 1,725
lukedamrosch 1 day ago

I've been using Sennheiser SK5012 transmitters because they're cheap on ebay. But it's old tech. Do they sound better than cheap...

bdemenil
replies: 3 views: 238
njrsound 1 day ago

I recorded these a few years ago and have just now gotten around to posting them. Recording Chain: Jazz Trio ...

mjdubosky
replies: 4 views: 325
mjdubosky 1 day ago

I have a burning question... it would probably be buried into oblivion down there where that topic is... So here is my...

The Listener
replies: 1,741 views: 293,692
improziv 1 day ago

I am looking to buy the best Portable Recorder for 2018 but to use with built in mics! I am no looking into the quality of the...

makasi
replies: 6 views: 541
RPC 2 days ago

I have a Samar VL373A stereo active ribbon. I used it last night on a Baroque orchestra, the first time I had used it in...

tourtelot
replies: 31 views: 896
Baithak 2 days ago

Sorry for the "this verses that" post, but just trying to get a better idea of what the CU-44X is all about,...

replies: 9 views: 4,714
Baithak 2 days ago

Hey Guys, This is my first post here, this forum has been really helpful cobbling together gear I need to record these projects...

LosFerWords
replies: 4 views: 323
pief 2 days ago

If my attempt to navigate the Gearslutz upload system has worked, here's a rough mix from a session last night. Two...

Peller
replies: 13 views: 880
panatrope 3 days ago

I am wondering if replacement of drum sounds with samples in live recordings is common among the remote recording engineers in...

smartaudio
replies: 25 views: 612
huub 3 days ago

Not AdHoc. JoeCo Remote talking to a wireless router connected to your network? Had this working perfectly a week ago, and...

tourtelot
replies: 0 views: 235
tourtelot 3 days ago

Can you hear the difference between a $500 and $160,000 violin bow? Wow

satisfaction2009
replies: 30 views: 973
kirkus 3 days ago

Is there anyone using SpotOn on with a Apple Mac (Intel). Which sound card are you using with it , any Madi interface compatible...

jvancorduroy
replies: 14 views: 2,467
huub 4 days ago

I have been recording for a number of years using various recorders (Nagra VI), Mac Pro's and currently using Laptops with Pro...

Gaston69
replies: 96 views: 5,122
TMetzinger 4 days ago

Two gigs coming up this month where I am facing a very awkward staging situation. A couple of clarinet-piano duos, followed by a...

jnorman
replies: 13 views: 524
pkautzsch 4 days ago

I don't think there's any reason to suspect these videos and photos aren't from a genuine Decca recording session, at Potton...

studer58
replies: 21 views: 963
0VU 5 days ago

I've had a HDD fail but never this. Between to contiguous files, mid-song at file max, and into new file (supposedly sample...

tourtelot
replies: 25 views: 575
Schoeller 6 days ago

NAGRA VI FIRMWARE REQUESTS / BUG REPORTS 1) tsvisser: I experienced some problems uploading the firmware file. Clicking on the...

tsvisser
replies: 350 views: 43,200
Swing 6 days ago

The English have a term: "Jack of all Trades"....that might apply here, although they also seem to be masters of many...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 358
Given To Fly 6 days ago

The DR-701D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEaU_7Nl1k

Johnmack
replies: 21 views: 3,846
Schoeller 1 week ago

Hi dear remoties, there is a small DPA event upcoming in Berlin, a day with 'microphone lectures' on Thursday, 18th of...

XLR
replies: 0 views: 274
XLR 1 week ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 350 views: 131,434
pule 1 week ago

Has anyone used one? know anything about it? I have looked hi and low and have found NOTHING about it at all.

AlphaDingo
replies: 13 views: 5,323
Rolo 46 1 week ago

The stresses of modern relationships, mediated by the cellphone: a concert recording... and some light relief to boot !...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 532
studer58 1 week ago

I currently do all my recording in the studio. However, it would be very helpful if I coul go and make a two-channel or...

chrismeraz
replies: 8 views: 388
norfolksoundman9 1 week ago

Hello all, I need a bit of help about what would be a the logical steps for me to upgrade my recording kit. It would mainly be...

Krugie_Mtl
replies: 12 views: 465
tourtelot 1 week ago

Hello all, I am considering purchasing a pair of MK22 capsules sometime later this year for the CMC6 bodies I currently use...

lukedamrosch
replies: 33 views: 2,362
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi, I realized a comparison of main microphone on recording Strings in an empty and full Church with Omni and Cardioïd...

OrganMaster
replies: 29 views: 2,579
OrganMaster 1 week ago

Typical magazine tantalizing promo headline: "AT interviews multi-Grammy winning classical engineer Tony Faulkner backstage...

studer58
replies: 62 views: 8,272
Jim Williams 1 week ago

OK,... so, the remote recording thing can produce some oddities. I was dogged by one this weekend. Scene,... late 1800's...

Moke
replies: 60 views: 1,815
Moke 1 week ago

Nagra SD

Anyone bought one of these yet: Nagra SD | AudioTechnology Magazine More here:...

studer58
replies: 112 views: 29,307
Schoeller 1 week ago

Has anyone here used one or had experience with it, in either a recording or public address capacity ? Been around since '99 or...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 331
John Willett 1 week ago

So I decided to start a new thread because i don't care about all the crappy decca stands everyone is obsessing over on my...

emenelton
replies: 15 views: 910
emenelton 1 week ago

The Michael Gray essay in this would be worth reading ? YouTube Decca Classics - Official Store

studer58
replies: 0 views: 290
studer58 1 week ago

They say, you cannot polish a turd. I say, yes you can. You must freeze dry the turd first, then you can start the polishing...

Remoteness
replies: 47 views: 2,469
vincentvangogo 2 weeks ago

Today my truck arrived! 22 years old Mercedes Benz. Delivered english furniture to a lot of clients in the north of germany. Now...

Hamburg
replies: 150 views: 35,872
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

I recorded a rehearsal for a community flute chamber concert. This location is wetter than most locations in which I record. I...

dgpretzel
replies: 12 views: 925
dgpretzel 2 weeks ago

And happy holidays to everyone. I haven't shared anything in a while, so here is a bit from our annual Messiah. Please feel...

rumleymusic
replies: 7 views: 715
boojum 2 weeks ago

Hello all. I have been thinking about getting into some good ribbon mics. From what I have read on this board the Samar line is...

boojum
replies: 178 views: 11,850
boojum 2 weeks ago

I was looking to save money and built a mic bar (70cm) able to handle one or more pairs of mics (eg. ORTF, near-spaced omni;s,...

Folkie
replies: 12 views: 1,286
Schoeller 2 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the new US assembled Vanguard Audio Labs V44S stereo mic ? YouTube V44S...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 318
Peller 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search