The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 421 views: 150,516
Remoteness 2nd August 2018

Would like to get some impressions from your portable recording equipment. Please post your pics here.

Gaston69
replies: 1,544 views: 629,541
Plush 24th July 2018

More times than not I bring along my Canon Power Shot S80 digital camera to take pictures of the various production ventures we...

Remoteness
replies: 372 views: 158,507
avillalta 30th May 2018

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 84 views: 65,810
Moke 18th October 2017

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 281 views: 142,748
jimjazzdad 23rd September 2017

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 23,892
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 44,605
resir 17th August 2012

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 101,438
Remoteness 5th August 2010

Hi, I am working on a project which involves a mobile small recording booth. I would like a recorder (sd or usb) that can take...

Gusss
replies: 10 views: 346
John Willett 1 hour ago

I normally use eq and reverb on individual tracks, and use eq, compression, ozone (without dynamics or reverb), and a second...

jnorman
replies: 4 views: 190
rumleymusic 1 hour ago

I'm looking for a product similar to the RODE iXLR but to use with a Samsung S4s. RØDE i-XLR digital XLR interface for Apple...

Jebus0000
replies: 6 views: 989
DirkP 9 hours ago

Dears, Imagine recording in a live to very live church. Using cardio or subcardio mics, do you consider, while calculating the...

Stradivariusz
replies: 25 views: 792
rumleymusic 9 hours ago

Dear all, I am in the process of finalizing the recording I made for a young contemporary trio: flute/picc, oboe/cor-anglais...

apotheosis
replies: 11 views: 630
Timothy Lawler 9 hours ago

If He Does This Met Opera Job Well, You’ll Never Know He Exists - The New York Times Article that gives the general...

carbon
replies: 2 views: 161
carbon 9 hours ago

Hi, Here another recording I'd like to share with you guys. Baroque ensemble playing Four Seasons of Vivaldi. Museum hall, a lot...

Stradivariusz
replies: 4 views: 280
Stradivariusz 10 hours ago

Here's a review of the new Extinct audio passive ribbon mics (complete with ears !), made in the UK and inspired by the revered...

studer58
replies: 33 views: 1,824
zebra50 11 hours ago

This might assist recording engineers and producers, when it comes into effect, by rounding up all of the disparate laws and...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 750
Jim Williams 15 hours ago

For certain gigs, I still have to do live mixes and those mixes are tough to do in a daw only. I’ve been looking for a small...

fifthcircle
replies: 121 views: 3,610
livingloud 16 hours ago

Perhaps the wrong place to post this, but I feel the people here are most familiar to me. And certainly knowledgeable in a wide...

connloyalist
replies: 5 views: 236
hbphotoav 16 hours ago

Looking for some sturdy stackable racks. For recording, preamps and playback gear. 2u 3u and 4u. I like the idea of moulded one...

THE_NIK
replies: 4 views: 372
Folkie 1 day ago

Hello, Which one among the following stereo microphones would you recommand? - Sennheiser MKE 44-P?_ - Audio Technica...

amundsen
replies: 23 views: 9,896
bwanajim 1 day ago

Dear all, I am to record a CD project with two pianists and two percussionists, playing Bernstein and Gershwin in one of the...

apotheosis
replies: 20 views: 640
jimjazzdad 1 day ago

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I'm thinking about buying a portable stereo recorder for recording line...

deejayen
replies: 7 views: 895
norfolksoundman9 2 days ago

Just finished mixing a recording of a very interesting concert done earlier today. In a quite nice church, small ensemble of...

Stradivariusz
replies: 2 views: 353
Stradivariusz 2 days ago

Was wondering how the width and angle can be changed and what’s to be expected. My last AB was 70mm and straight on. The...

emenelton
replies: 10 views: 488
emenelton 2 days ago

Hello, It's frustrating to choose a pair of good mics to record classical music. It's more simple to choose a good recorder,...

zorba1977
replies: 243 views: 14,377
rmaier 2 days ago

I record mostly strings (violin, viola, cello) in solo settings and with piano accompaniment. Occasionally, I record solo piano,...

VlaVlnPlayer
replies: 13 views: 600
VlaVlnPlayer 2 days ago

I'm drawing up a proposal for my business to get a Mid/Side rig for natural field recording. I already have a Rode Blimp 2 (with...

Prime Mover
replies: 58 views: 1,578
John Willett 2 days ago

Do you typically include the breath intake right before the initial attack when recording small wind ensembles? When recording...

dgpretzel
replies: 36 views: 1,040
TMetzinger 3 days ago

Hi all, I just made my firs recording with a decca tree setup. I would be happy, if you would criticize it. The Miskolc...

HangArt
replies: 3 views: 491
Stradivariusz 3 days ago

Hope I'm not overposting (or about to start) on this ... I've heard a broad range of estimates on how much battery life the...

szegedin
replies: 15 views: 802
TC2 4 days ago

Hello all, Just hoping to get a few thoughts from anyone who cares to chime in regarding a concert I'll be recording in about...

lukedamrosch
replies: 6 views: 600
foresttones 4 days ago

Yesterday, I had a chance to record a quintet-- string quartet & piano-- in a brief recording session in a local church. The...

dgpretzel
replies: 12 views: 1,027
kirkus 4 days ago

Recently, I recorded a piano quintet (piano and string quartet) with a Blumlein pair of ribbons. (Mic setup "C" in...

dgpretzel
replies: 14 views: 696
dgpretzel 4 days ago

Zylia ZM-1 spherical 19-element mic array...looks intriguing, although reading behind the review it seems the software support...

studer58
replies: 25 views: 2,162
amundsen 4 days ago

My wife needs a new practice recorder. She's been using a Zoom H4n. It bugs me how she uses it, but that's neither here nor...

piper
replies: 29 views: 1,115
parricide 4 days ago

C12A with original capsule ,2738 s/n Like to swap for MKH 80 or MKH 800 Its a long shot, I have a pair of C12As, but would like...

Rolo 46
replies: 0 views: 314
Rolo 46 5 days ago

I was wondering if this little device had slipped under the collective Remote radar ? Could be good for the 'outdoor field/wild...

studer58
replies: 3 views: 324
studer58 5 days ago

Anyone on the blog with experience with the app? Won't stay connected and sometimes makes drastic gain chages upon connecting...

tourtelot
replies: 11 views: 1,134
Yannick 5 days ago

Hi just wondering if anyone else besides me is into the ECM label, and particularly engineers Jan Erik Kongshaug, and Martin...

zarembo
replies: 148 views: 25,016
robert82 6 days ago

I'm looking to do some nature recordings, some of which will be very quiet sounds coming from a distance. I would like to know...

matt_r
replies: 117 views: 45,508
Jim Williams 6 days ago

Steve Remote, I've noticed in some of your drumset pics that you use a large diaphragm condenser in your setup. It's placed...

Robobo1
replies: 112 views: 28,352
Remoteness 1 week ago

Hi all. I will be recording a series of 4 concerts for the city's concert band. I have 15+ years experience with studio...

thetimequake
replies: 7 views: 643
JCBigler 1 week ago

I have a burning question... it would probably be buried into oblivion down there where that topic is... So here is my...

The Listener
replies: 1,833 views: 317,288
studer58 1 week ago

Anybody else having problems with the Sound Devices MixPre-10T? Got ours about ten days ago and it has not been a universal...

TonyF
replies: 64 views: 4,311
bradh 1 week ago

See MixPre-10M Sounds like a musician-oriented version of the MixPre-10; they'll also offer a "musician plugin" for...

bradh
replies: 299 views: 15,580
ardis 1 week ago

Howdy all... Im about to embark on a small world tour.. and im taking my preamp with me to show a few cats.... Its going to...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 45 views: 2,981
Mushy Mushy 1 week ago

Hi there, very unfortunately my Zoom H6 has gotten sticky with time. Zoom unofficially suggested alcohol. It didn't worked....

Tavares
replies: 8 views: 2,076
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I would like to spot the cello in a string quartet. I rarely work with strings, so am even more ignorant that usual. I...

dgpretzel
replies: 24 views: 1,045
David Rick 1 week ago

Important information RIP I thought this might be a good forum for this simply because this is the place most likely to know...

whippoorwill
replies: 4 views: 518
Plush 1 week ago

There are a number of mastering software suites these days from Waves and Izotope and others. Do you guys use prepackaged suites...

jnorman
replies: 16 views: 805
shosty 1 week ago

I'm looking to record my own sfx (kitchen noises, claps, nature ambience, etc) to put into my own music. I'm looking at a Zoom H5...

Barncore
replies: 1 views: 500
GhostyWolfy 1 week ago

Hi, I'm spending the summer in Vienna, Austria and thought I'd do some field recording of interesting sounds in the...

Mestminst
replies: 4 views: 651
RominRonin 1 week ago

I have an opportunity to buy a small remote recording/production truck. The owner is making me a deal that is too good to turn...

JCBigler
replies: 12 views: 739
philper 1 week ago

I had an interesting experience lately regarding my perception of the ratio between direct and reverberant sound. It seems to me...

shosty
replies: 12 views: 649
jnorman 1 week ago

DPA Delivers Exquisite Sound With Its Tiniest Ever Microphone Capsules The new 3 mm Subminiature Headset and Lavalier...

IronFilm
replies: 4 views: 640
Puffer Fish 1 week ago

Rip Mr. Linkwitz. Co-developer of the Linkwitz-Riley crossover network. Additionally his innovations were also heavily used in...

drpro
replies: 3 views: 417
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Hello! Recently recorded a duet. It would be interesting to hear the opinion of the masters. This is my first experience of...

Hook of
replies: 29 views: 1,419
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search