The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

More times than not I bring along my Canon Power Shot S80 digital camera to take pictures of the various production ventures we...

Remoteness
replies: 369 views: 149,134
David Spearritt 4 weeks ago

Would like to get some impressions from your portable recording equipment. Please post your pics here.

Gaston69
replies: 1,534 views: 612,206
studer58 2nd February 2018

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 84 views: 61,324
Moke 18th October 2017

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 281 views: 134,092
jimjazzdad 23rd September 2017

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 419 views: 141,391
Tomwaudio 16th May 2017

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 20,853
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 41,524
resir 17th August 2012

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 97,923
Remoteness 5th August 2010

After the market-disrupting F8 it's good to see another new product :) Wonder what the price point will be?.... peachh

JamesClark1991
replies: 279 views: 21,633
rmgatl 14 minutes ago

Maybe the wrong forum but there are a lot of guys here who know their stuff so I'll ask away. I do all location recording, but...

tourtelot
replies: 31 views: 727
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

Hello, It's frustrating to choose a pair of good mics to record classical music. It's more simple to choose a good recorder,...

zorba1977
replies: 82 views: 3,404
Plush 1 hour ago

See MixPre-10M Sounds like a musician-oriented version of the MixPre-10; they'll also offer a "musician plugin" for...

bradh
replies: 154 views: 6,991
celticrogues 3 hours ago

I live in a college town. About 3000 students go to the local college. It use to be easy to find a couple of good college...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 129 views: 3,220
JCBigler 4 hours ago

Hi All: I am using a MBPro with a Metric Halo ULN-8 and Sennheiser and Neumann mics for remote orchestral recordings. My rig...

rcartwright
replies: 150 views: 10,460
loujudson 9 hours ago

Hello GS community, I have recently been commissioned to build a battery powered version of the Pueblo Audio mic preamp for...

PuebloAudio
replies: 130 views: 13,180
hughesmr 18 hours ago

Wich do you used for mics, analog interconexion and digital? evisto

evisto
replies: 61 views: 5,211
Pno 20 hours ago

I'm thinking of upgrading different stages in my monitoring, I've got a Neumann KH120 and recently heard a pair of ATC SCM50 ASL....

whippoorwill
replies: 38 views: 2,805
Pno 21 hours ago

Hi everyone, I record clients on my Steinway B grand piano from time to time. Some of these clients need video for college...

4ccmusic
replies: 11 views: 596
2manyrocks 1 day ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 418 views: 76,469
studer58 1 day ago

Hi folks Recently purchased a 664 with an Orca OR-32 bag. Having issues with gaining access to the sd card section of the...

squareal1138
replies: 3 views: 430
IronFilm 1 day ago

More from NAB....not available yet but probably not too far away, add B format to your GoPro !:...

studer58
replies: 42 views: 3,639
IronFilm 1 day ago

I do a lot of field recording and SFX recording. I always try to slate my recordings so I know what they are but It'd be nice to...

imnickb
replies: 3 views: 410
IronFilm 1 day ago

I have been doing remote recording (classical and choirs primarily) for about 15 years and I want to move from my current Motu...

kgould
replies: 3 views: 507
cheu78 1 day ago

The Tascam HSP82 sounds very good. It is however quite old. I am not a fan of the design, especially the layout of the screen,...

HelenaBzg
replies: 7 views: 640
IronFilm 1 day ago

Hi all, I need your suggestion. What mic pre do you use for orchestral recordings? I will use it for Scoeps MK2 mics on the...

HangArt
replies: 31 views: 1,162
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hi! I'm seeking some advice. I've been given an (excellent) recording of a jazz gig to mix where, due to limitations at the...

JeremyPaulCarrol
replies: 10 views: 605
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Dear members Could you share you experience or ideas about how to record and accordion and a classical guitar ? The location is...

Herman Heil
replies: 7 views: 378
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hello all, I know there have been a lot of threads on this topic, but a lot of it seems to be room-specific, so I thought I'd...

njspix
replies: 32 views: 1,439
grrrayson 2 days ago

This is from a recording of the Vijay Ayer Sextet. The horn players all have coincident pairs of (very nice!) mics. I would like...

robert82
replies: 3 views: 418
studer58 2 days ago

IMHO, the finest a-cappella group in the world, and has been for 4 decades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5c-bjp05mg A...

David Spearritt
replies: 25 views: 1,624
studer58 2 days ago

I've done this kind of thing many times, but I am interested in how other people approach the task. The situation: Choir: 26...

wildplum
replies: 4 views: 441
studer58 2 days ago

I've been playing jazz for many, many years. Been recording it for many, but far less. I always use a 57 going into Millennia. ...

henryrobinett
replies: 45 views: 5,695
lou latch 2 days ago

Hi there, Jimjazzdad and I have been setting up dual, unconnected, arrays for the past few months in recording the local youth...

whippoorwill
replies: 14 views: 645
whippoorwill 3 days ago

did a search but couldn't find anything on this, so i figured i'd ask. How do you label your gear. IOW, how do you mark it as...

renec
replies: 29 views: 3,885
Richard Crowley 3 days ago

Why would someone use an isolation transformer for ac power? Under what circumstances would it be essential and what would happen...

JustAnotherUser
replies: 27 views: 17,934
Jim Williams 4 days ago

Hi all, As I mull my next capsule purchase, likely a pair of mk8 since I already have the CMC6's, I would be very curious to...

lukedamrosch
replies: 19 views: 968
lukedamrosch 4 days ago

A question about miking a vintage 4 x 12 Fender Bassman cabinet ( I believe it's called a pyramid cab....guess why) Typically...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 467
tourtelot 4 days ago

I may get to record an opera later this month and picked up a pair of inexpensive cardiod sdc mics to use in boundary layer...

blanneau
replies: 5 views: 664
NorseHorse 4 days ago

Dear Gearslutz! I used Soundfield SPS422 only for more than 10 years. Occasionally I rented some gear. just bought a used DAV...

monitor
replies: 11 views: 3,641
NorseHorse 4 days ago

Last night I recorded the local high school's spring orchestra concert. There were 70+ string players (no winds, brass or...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 446
Thomas W. Bethe 5 days ago

Hey, all. I've been doing a fair amount of orchestral and choir recording the past couple years. I've been getting decent results...

seanmccoy
replies: 5 views: 461
seanmccoy 5 days ago

Hi, I work on a Broadcast Setup and my metering is set up to on my RTW to BR IIA I cant find much info on the web regarding...

makasi
replies: 3 views: 468
huub 6 days ago

On one hand you have to show understanding that the first year's recordings didn't work out....but for the second year in the...

studer58
replies: 11 views: 555
Rolo 46 6 days ago

Hi I got a mail from schoeps the other day with the new price list and with an offer to trade in older CMC5 bodys in exchange...

RFrommann
replies: 7 views: 807
whippoorwill 1 week ago

Hi everybody, I thought it might be interesting to hear some examples of different micing techniques. Our last CD production...

ruby06
replies: 6 views: 588
ruby06 1 week ago

I just recently found an article where an engineer explains the differences between recording a Wind Ensemble and recording an...

Thegrobinson14
replies: 12 views: 778
Tommy-boy 1 week ago

Hello all, I've read a few threads about recording choir ensembles but my main concern is the smallness of the ensemble i'm...

Phil Inspector
replies: 5 views: 490
Phil Inspector 1 week ago

Let's get a thread going with some Zoom H5 clips from the field! kfhkh To kick things off here's an excerpt from a field...

James Lehmann
replies: 3 views: 412
James Lehmann 1 week ago

Hi guys, I need to record a live concert with 4-6 microphones but only have a 2 channel A/D converter (Mytek 192 ADC). Since I...

achabloop5080
replies: 18 views: 1,663
SocietyOfMind 1 week ago

Has anyone here had any experience with the new Sennheiser HD820 closed back headphones and HD660 open backs ? John Willett...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 482
Plush 1 week ago

There are ribbon Blumlein and large condenser Blumlein. But I didn't see any single piece 1/2" condenser Blumlein stereo....

9sbean
replies: 98 views: 4,222
studer58 1 week ago

Hello all, I ran across a couple of Shure L4 receivers anlong with the Shure WA404 Distribution system. It also included two...

spookster86
replies: 5 views: 8,842
seratoguy 1 week ago

Hi Folks, Anyone got any intel on recording classical music in the Esplanade venue in Singapore? Apparently a number of people...

Haigbabe
replies: 5 views: 477
Haigbabe 1 week ago

do i have to buy a $50 usb thingie to use iLok? i DLed a ddemo copy of quantum leap spaces to try out. loaded it onto my...

jnorman
replies: 76 views: 46,022
4gotten5tudio 1 week ago

I have the chance to record a classical mezzo-soprano and pianist in a concert soon - but they want video as well. I have...

M4granger
replies: 8 views: 640
Don S 2 weeks ago

Hello, I tested 3 different Mics provided by THS-Studio (Dormagen / Germany) to choose the best suited for Classical Guitar....

elguitarrero
replies: 23 views: 1,078
elguitarrero 2 weeks ago

Anyone had any experience? (US made product) It is supposed to be excellent and at a very reasonable price. ($200-300)

Lurcher_lover
replies: 28 views: 1,353
Lumbergh 2 weeks ago

I just screwed up a great documentary film shoot because I forgot to hit record on my sound devices 633. Is there a way to set it...

bdemenil
replies: 6 views: 456
itsyourself 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search