The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Would like to get some impressions from your portable recording equipment. Please post your pics here.

Gaston69
replies: 1,534 views: 601,418
studer58 3 weeks ago

More times than not I bring along my Canon Power Shot S80 digital camera to take pictures of the various production ventures we...

Remoteness
replies: 366 views: 143,115
Simmosonic 29th November 2017

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 84 views: 58,727
Moke 18th October 2017

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 281 views: 128,870
jimjazzdad 23rd September 2017

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 419 views: 136,367
Tomwaudio 16th May 2017

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 19,090
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 39,782
resir 17th August 2012

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 95,681
Remoteness 5th August 2010

As a precursor, I've searched the forums rather excessively with no clear direction for my specific situation. My current...

Tenorbecker
replies: 25 views: 312
tourtelot 38 minutes ago

I have a bunch of questions about editing a classical music project: how do you guys handle the editing process of a CD?...

monitor
replies: 92 views: 4,178
Bruce Watson 1 hour ago

I am new to M/S recording (or recording in general if I may be humble) and I wondered if some of you could share tips and...

Octave Octavio
replies: 50 views: 2,581
OzGizmo 1 hour ago

Sorry in advance for the lengthy post. I have been trying to love my Samar VL373A active stereo ribbon but I have concluded...

tourtelot
replies: 52 views: 1,239
2manyrocks 2 hours ago

Can you hear the difference between a $500 and $160,000 violin bow? Wow

satisfaction2009
replies: 31 views: 1,240
Lurcher_lover 4 hours ago

Anyone had any experience? (US made product) It is supposed to be excellent and at a very reasonable price. ($200-300)

Lurcher_lover
replies: 3 views: 154
tourtelot 5 hours ago

Hi Folks, Some Uni students asked for advice on buying an audio recorder to record their chamber groups. I’m not currently...

Haigbabe
replies: 5 views: 319
John Willett 5 hours ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 362 views: 133,311
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

Hello, Sometimes, however impractical it seems, it is useful or at least tempting to get a low-noise LDC pair outside. There...

norfolksoundman9
replies: 25 views: 530
norfolksoundman9 11 hours ago

I ran into a problem today while testing a new XLR cable. I would appreciate some help here :) To reduce cable clutter I...

connloyalist
replies: 27 views: 576
Schoeller 17 hours ago

Hello all, just wanted to raise some issues I am having with MKH 30/30 MS imaging. So, I have been following as much as I can...

AdamAsnan
replies: 168 views: 8,359
studer58 19 hours ago

Have been close to pulling the trigger on a DAV preamp, and will almost certainly get a two channel. But as far as getting the...

rboy
replies: 20 views: 1,236
studer58 21 hours ago

Hey, all. I've been recording the local orchestra for NPR broadcasts, and now the best local choir want in on the act. I've...

seanmccoy
replies: 26 views: 1,050
studer58 21 hours ago

Hi All: I am using a MBPro with a Metric Halo ULN-8 and Sennheiser and Neumann mics for remote orchestral recordings. My rig...

rcartwright
replies: 97 views: 6,978
johnsound 1 day ago

Hello Slutz, I didn’t see a dedicated thread, so I wanted to publicly say congrats to Mark for his win with Pittsburgh! ...

king2070lplaya
replies: 11 views: 855
Plush 1 day ago

This is one thing that always struck me, even from the earliest days of my piano lessons-- there was a whole phony tradition of...

joelpatterson
replies: 83 views: 1,796
jimjazzdad 1 day ago

Hello all, This past fall/winter I did a couple of remote sessions recording extremely quiet contemporary chamber pieces -- not...

lukedamrosch
replies: 20 views: 790
NorseHorse 2 days ago

Totally out of my ken, I have been asked to record vocals for 3 country singers for a CD project. They will be bringing backing...

jnorman
replies: 17 views: 725
KEL 2 days ago

Sound Devices buys top UK radio mic co Should be interesting ,Audio ltd have been in RF mics since the 60s Roger

Rolo 46
replies: 9 views: 485
Arthur Stone 2 days ago

Neumann brought out the KH 805 in October, currently costing way too much but a good deal, too. Neumann KH 805 Active...

boojum
replies: 10 views: 1,765
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hi folks, I’m a big fan of the work done by the engineers and producers at Polyhymnia. I’ve followed some of their work...

king2070lplaya
replies: 4 views: 516
king2070lplaya 2 days ago

R-88 8-CHANNEL RECORDER and MIXER - Simultaneous recording of 8 channels + stereo mix (up to 96kHz) - Up to...

sonidista
replies: 128 views: 39,311
leddy 3 days ago

I'm pleased to announce the opening for a Recording Engineer at "The President's Own" United States Marine Band. The...

NorseHorse
replies: 9 views: 1,099
justpushplay 3 days ago

Ok guys. I´m having a harpist over tomorrow. I´m going to record the harp in a rather small room but not entirely dead,...

sedohr
replies: 17 views: 8,620
studer58 3 days ago

I was on Facebook earlier, and came across an organ recording by a Danish company, and a Danish church, and wondered why this set...

Peter Allison
replies: 22 views: 1,191
Fridberg 4 days ago

Janis sings (er, swallows the mic) twice in the first 25 mins of this episode: YouTube I wonder if that's because, no matter...

studer58
replies: 11 views: 366
hbphotoav 4 days ago

Apologies if there is another thread discussing this. As the years in this remote recording hobby go by and I collect more...

connloyalist
replies: 56 views: 1,249
Schoeller 4 days ago

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with the computer I usually record live audio on. I added a new boot drive so I went a head...

theEmbark
replies: 14 views: 1,553
shanegrant 5 days ago

Hi, I realized a comparison of main microphone on recording Strings in an empty and full Church with Omni and Cardioïd...

OrganMaster
replies: 32 views: 2,963
OrganMaster 5 days ago

If you really need to get close to the strings of a grand piano (and perhaps need to close the lid also) this looks like a...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 304
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Hello, I have made a comparison test on recording pipe organ with the KM184 and MK4 mic. Setup : Stereo DIN (90°-20cm) -...

OrganMaster
replies: 33 views: 2,019
lukedamrosch 6 days ago

I am trying to found out how to properly use the H6 to record line out (record out) from a DJ mixer or mixing board. In fact...

giovannipal
replies: 7 views: 4,078
JHitt2 6 days ago

How should location recording levels be set if the required levels are basically unknown, for example a situation where you can't...

Schoeller
replies: 29 views: 1,564
Schoeller 1 week ago

FSM

The subject says it all, pretty much. His noodliness, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, paid a visit to my CACK bag. Yep, a 125ft...

Moke
replies: 1 views: 349
tourtelot 1 week ago

Any one using a Focusrite AM2.... i cannot get it on to my dante network. i am have several issues and i cannot figure out what...

THE_NIK
replies: 8 views: 379
tourtelot 1 week ago

hi everyone, ive decided to start building a mic kit up but at the moment most of my work is doing live stuff (studio stuff is...

eatthemeek
replies: 9 views: 1,368
Redb0068 1 week ago

I don`t get this guy. He sounds pretty average to me. What am I missing?

Rodrigo_Guitar
replies: 132 views: 9,352
edwinhurwitz 1 week ago

Well, quite a number of you guys were interested in those mics recently. So here we go: 3 short new music heh samples from a...

brle
replies: 84 views: 19,299
kajo 1 week ago

Ha! My son, James D Norman, got to meet John Williams last night. The Indianapolis Symphony will be performing one of my son’s...

jnorman
replies: 9 views: 592
celticrogues 1 week ago

I have a competent source who is asking for the schematics of the Sound Devices recorder with the goal to upgrading the preamps...

supoUSA
replies: 23 views: 971
Schoeller 1 week ago

Now the audio interface market will really heat up. What a cracker of a device. This is going to be a killer. Merging...

David Spearritt
replies: 294 views: 40,685
esencia 1 week ago

Do you think this is? YouTube Thank you. DG

dgpretzel
replies: 7 views: 544
Given To Fly 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I might have an opportunity to hold a recording session with a brass band for their charity CD this year. We'll...

guosh
replies: 26 views: 970
Roland 1 week ago

The Nagra VI is a bit behind in many areas of hardware, functionality and offerings (spinning discs, USB 2, no HDMI, etc). It was...

supoUSA
replies: 34 views: 1,186
Schoeller 1 week ago

What resources could you point to, for me to systematically train my "ears", other than the usual experimentation and...

Klimermonk
replies: 10 views: 596
David Spearritt 1 week ago

I have no idea where to put this but I'm looking for a "gig bag?" or pedal board style set up where I can have all my...

ryanbenyo
replies: 3 views: 379
LX3 1 week ago

I have a Samar VL373A stereo active ribbon. I used it last night on a Baroque orchestra, the first time I had used it in...

tourtelot
replies: 33 views: 1,334
tourtelot 1 week ago

I know this has been discussed to death, but hey, there's a lot to be said about headphones :) I have HD600's, which I do...

huub
replies: 77 views: 8,600
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Does anyone know if Tascam used the same preamps and/or converters in their UH-7000 as are in their HS-P82?

dogmusic
replies: 3 views: 360
dogmusic 1 week ago

I just became part of the Nagra family. Pretty excited. I've sampled and used them before, but not owned. I think I got a...

supoUSA
replies: 5 views: 599
FreshProduce 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search