The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

More times than not I bring along my Canon Power Shot S80 digital camera to take pictures of the various production ventures we...

Remoteness
replies: 369 views: 149,384
David Spearritt 4 weeks ago

Would like to get some impressions from your portable recording equipment. Please post your pics here.

Gaston69
replies: 1,534 views: 612,607
studer58 2nd February 2018

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 84 views: 61,446
Moke 18th October 2017

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 281 views: 134,333
jimjazzdad 23rd September 2017

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 419 views: 141,622
Tomwaudio 16th May 2017

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 20,930
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 41,609
resir 17th August 2012

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 98,023
Remoteness 5th August 2010

Wich do you used for mics, analog interconexion and digital? evisto

evisto
replies: 67 views: 5,390
Sounds Great 17 minutes ago

I live in a college town. About 3000 students go to the local college. It use to be easy to find a couple of good college...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 174 views: 4,158
studer58 2 hours ago

Just wondering if anyone here has had cause to use the new Sony C100 mic in a remote recording setting yet ? That it is...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 475
rumleymusic 3 hours ago

Here are some of the affordable (<$300) binaural microphones that I found. I'd love to hear others' thoughts on...

jl303
replies: 1 views: 145
vze26m98 4 hours ago

Curious... Sound Devices are one of the standards for Production Sound and they have the reputation for making great products....

spiderman
replies: 98 views: 12,110
David Spearritt 5 hours ago

What I would like to do: video conference calls (Skype, Zoom.US, Net Meeting) from some very noisy coffee shops (Italy). What...

RedVikingHood
replies: 24 views: 473
RedVikingHood 5 hours ago

Hi everyone, I record clients on my Steinway B grand piano from time to time. Some of these clients need video for college...

4ccmusic
replies: 12 views: 648
Fran Guidry 7 hours ago

After the recent threads on binaural, I sprang for some Soundman Rock Studio mics with the A3 preamp. I built a crude dummy head...

mandodon
replies: 11 views: 741
jl303 10 hours ago

Hello, It's frustrating to choose a pair of good mics to record classical music. It's more simple to choose a good recorder,...

zorba1977
replies: 101 views: 4,406
studer58 15 hours ago

Hi all, I need your suggestion. What mic pre do you use for orchestral recordings? I will use it for Scoeps MK2 mics on the...

HangArt
replies: 36 views: 1,469
Folkie 17 hours ago

Announced at NAB 2018 New Rode NT-SF1 ambisonic mic with windshield and shock mount. Price isn't mentioned in interview. ...

2manyrocks
replies: 12 views: 895
jl303 21 hours ago

Looking for advice from the experts here. I recorded a chamber orchestra in a small room. The ceiling was 10 feet high, I guess...

Early21
replies: 3 views: 322
Cardinal_SINE 23 hours ago

I have a 2012 Mac Pro running the PT2018. It is all working as it should. But I am looking for a way to get I/O and be able to...

tourtelot
replies: 1 views: 299
njrsound 1 day ago

I'm thinking of upgrading different stages in my monitoring, I've got a Neumann KH120 and recently heard a pair of ATC SCM50 ASL....

whippoorwill
replies: 51 views: 3,060
aracu 1 day ago

Hi there, I have to mix a piano Jazz Trio (upright bass, Piano, drums). I would like mixing these as I can see them up on...

ricola
replies: 5 views: 357
grrrayson 1 day ago

Hello all, I know there have been a lot of threads on this topic, but a lot of it seems to be room-specific, so I thought I'd...

njspix
replies: 36 views: 1,650
grrrayson 1 day ago

See MixPre-10M Sounds like a musician-oriented version of the MixPre-10; they'll also offer a "musician plugin" for...

bradh
replies: 160 views: 7,368
ardis 1 day ago

Hi all, I got the chance to record a fantastic classical cello + piano Duo tomorrow on very short notice. So, not much time to...

RFrommann
replies: 2 views: 311
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Where would you typically place the mics for a session involving these instruments ? Likely to be in a small studio space,...

studer58
replies: 7 views: 340
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

I have been doing remote recording (classical and choirs primarily) for about 15 years and I want to move from my current Motu...

kgould
replies: 8 views: 681
tourtelot 1 day ago

whilst having a look at a few YouTube clips, I saw this. To my ears, it sounded quite good for you tube, and had a quality...

Peter Allison
replies: 0 views: 286
Peter Allison 1 day ago

I was on Facebook earlier, and came across an organ recording by a Danish company, and a Danish church, and wondered why this set...

Peter Allison
replies: 23 views: 1,356
hoffersongs 1 day ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 422 views: 76,805
Peter Allison 1 day ago

From a recent live broadcast on WFMT- looks like a Faulkner array, making me wonder if they are ribbons. Here's a link to the...

Old Foof
replies: 2 views: 372
Peller 1 day ago

Anybody else having problems with the Sound Devices MixPre-10T? Got ours about ten days ago and it has not been a universal...

TonyF
replies: 33 views: 1,776
rcartwright 2 days ago

Apologies if this is off-topic (moderator, feel free to move)... First, I have a client that wants me to assist them in...

dizziness
replies: 0 views: 305
dizziness 2 days ago

After the market-disrupting F8 it's good to see another new product :) Wonder what the price point will be?.... peachh

JamesClark1991
replies: 281 views: 21,823
loujudson 2 days ago

More from NAB....not available yet but probably not too far away, add B format to your GoPro !:...

studer58
replies: 43 views: 3,714
Given To Fly 2 days ago

Maybe the wrong forum but there are a lot of guys here who know their stuff so I'll ask away. I do all location recording, but...

tourtelot
replies: 31 views: 835
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hi All: I am using a MBPro with a Metric Halo ULN-8 and Sennheiser and Neumann mics for remote orchestral recordings. My rig...

rcartwright
replies: 150 views: 10,581
loujudson 3 days ago

Hello GS community, I have recently been commissioned to build a battery powered version of the Pueblo Audio mic preamp for...

PuebloAudio
replies: 130 views: 13,260
hughesmr 3 days ago

Hi folks Recently purchased a 664 with an Orca OR-32 bag. Having issues with gaining access to the sd card section of the...

squareal1138
replies: 3 views: 444
IronFilm 4 days ago

I do a lot of field recording and SFX recording. I always try to slate my recordings so I know what they are but It'd be nice to...

imnickb
replies: 3 views: 432
IronFilm 4 days ago

The Tascam HSP82 sounds very good. It is however quite old. I am not a fan of the design, especially the layout of the screen,...

HelenaBzg
replies: 7 views: 658
IronFilm 4 days ago

Hi! I'm seeking some advice. I've been given an (excellent) recording of a jazz gig to mix where, due to limitations at the...

JeremyPaulCarrol
replies: 10 views: 625
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Dear members Could you share you experience or ideas about how to record and accordion and a classical guitar ? The location is...

Herman Heil
replies: 7 views: 403
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

This is from a recording of the Vijay Ayer Sextet. The horn players all have coincident pairs of (very nice!) mics. I would like...

robert82
replies: 3 views: 447
studer58 5 days ago

IMHO, the finest a-cappella group in the world, and has been for 4 decades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5c-bjp05mg A...

David Spearritt
replies: 25 views: 1,652
studer58 5 days ago

I've done this kind of thing many times, but I am interested in how other people approach the task. The situation: Choir: 26...

wildplum
replies: 4 views: 460
studer58 5 days ago

I've been playing jazz for many, many years. Been recording it for many, but far less. I always use a 57 going into Millennia. ...

henryrobinett
replies: 45 views: 5,720
lou latch 5 days ago

Hi there, Jimjazzdad and I have been setting up dual, unconnected, arrays for the past few months in recording the local youth...

whippoorwill
replies: 14 views: 664
whippoorwill 6 days ago

did a search but couldn't find anything on this, so i figured i'd ask. How do you label your gear. IOW, how do you mark it as...

renec
replies: 29 views: 3,900
Richard Crowley 6 days ago

Why would someone use an isolation transformer for ac power? Under what circumstances would it be essential and what would happen...

JustAnotherUser
replies: 27 views: 17,971
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Hi all, As I mull my next capsule purchase, likely a pair of mk8 since I already have the CMC6's, I would be very curious to...

lukedamrosch
replies: 19 views: 980
lukedamrosch 1 week ago

A question about miking a vintage 4 x 12 Fender Bassman cabinet ( I believe it's called a pyramid cab....guess why) Typically...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 485
tourtelot 1 week ago

I may get to record an opera later this month and picked up a pair of inexpensive cardiod sdc mics to use in boundary layer...

blanneau
replies: 5 views: 676
NorseHorse 1 week ago

Dear Gearslutz! I used Soundfield SPS422 only for more than 10 years. Occasionally I rented some gear. just bought a used DAV...

monitor
replies: 11 views: 3,671
NorseHorse 1 week ago

Last night I recorded the local high school's spring orchestra concert. There were 70+ string players (no winds, brass or...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 461
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hey, all. I've been doing a fair amount of orchestral and choir recording the past couple years. I've been getting decent results...

seanmccoy
replies: 5 views: 481
seanmccoy 1 week ago

Hi, I work on a Broadcast Setup and my metering is set up to on my RTW to BR IIA I cant find much info on the web regarding...

makasi
replies: 3 views: 478
huub 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search