The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 423 views: 152,385
Remoteness 2 days ago

Would like to get some impressions from your portable recording equipment. Please post your pics here.

Gaston69
replies: 1,549 views: 633,804
benoïde 6 days ago

More times than not I bring along my Canon Power Shot S80 digital camera to take pictures of the various production ventures we...

Remoteness
replies: 372 views: 160,427
avillalta 30th May 2018

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 84 views: 66,676
Moke 18th October 2017

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 281 views: 144,461
jimjazzdad 23rd September 2017

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 24,489
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 45,218
resir 17th August 2012

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 102,141
Remoteness 5th August 2010

Price under $1000... This may be their response to Zoom. Interested...

Vunz
replies: 418 views: 42,189
mutetourettes 49 minutes ago

I realize they are different animals but I have the MLA8 and I like it. So, I'm wondering if I should add another one or go for...

neve1064
replies: 3 views: 2,313
GIACOMO-_ 49 minutes ago

My apologies if this speaker has already been raised here in discussion, but it strikes me as one which could have the neutrality...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 1,326
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

NAB 2013 - NAGRA VII - YouTube Take the LB, increase the connectivity, including mobile broadband ... just the thing for...

panatrope
replies: 79 views: 17,153
HelenaBzg 7 hours ago

Schoeps post a wood box picture of the latest product in facebook. Guess what is inside?...

9sbean
replies: 143 views: 20,661
pan60 8 hours ago

Hi all. I will be recording a series of 4 concerts for the city's concert band. I have 15+ years experience with studio...

thetimequake
replies: 20 views: 1,257
studer58 10 hours ago

The man with the best job in the world takes us for a brief tour through Abbey Road's microphone collection (a mere 800+...and...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 283
studer58 10 hours ago

Hi all- I want to use my DPA 4006s tomorrow to record solo piano. I am planning on using them on my Jecklin Disk from about...

tourtelot
replies: 29 views: 984
John Pk 18 hours ago

Recently I had a pleasure to record a great piece of music by a famous German composer from a baroque Era - Georg Friedrich...

Stradivariusz
replies: 6 views: 414
Don S 19 hours ago

AEA launch KU54 supercardioid ribbon mic | Kind of breaks a few rules.....?

studer58
replies: 33 views: 1,513
studer58 23 hours ago

Not saying this is a definitive summary, but a pretty good short-video overview collection (50+ and growing daily) by Sound On...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 185
studer58 23 hours ago

Hey guys, Here's a quick question for all of you? I'm considering the purchase of either a Merging Technologies...

nobtwiddler
replies: 32 views: 1,700
studer58 1 day ago

AES release of new inline mic booster (28dB) for dynamic or ribbon mics, phantom powered...claimed to be 6dB quieter than the...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 181
studer58 1 day ago

This enquiry is not to do with which microphones to use for recording violin and piano, but about the positioning of the players,...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 137 views: 4,410
shosty 1 day ago

Hi there, very unfortunately my Zoom H6 has gotten sticky with time. Zoom unofficially suggested alcohol. It didn't worked....

Tavares
replies: 12 views: 2,607
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

Anyone on the blog with experience with the app? Won't stay connected and sometimes makes drastic gain chages upon connecting...

tourtelot
replies: 14 views: 1,312
tourtelot 2 days ago

Minimal, high quality, lightweight, field recorder for longterm travel? Including additional microphones and accessory...

sound girl
replies: 9 views: 722
johannburkard 2 days ago

A client called and wanted me to record some repertoire at home. Today was the test session, my first visit to the site, and the...

hbphotoav
replies: 26 views: 664
didier.brest 2 days ago

I'm curious to hear suggestions or experiences on mic techniques and selections. I have an opportunity to record a live...

DrReid
replies: 7 views: 454
DrReid 3 days ago

These were announced with much fanfare last year. And they looked like an exciting new venture by Rode. Retailers have had them...

John Pk
replies: 42 views: 2,454
Jim Williams 3 days ago

I have a competitor that only does Mid-Side Recordings (on CD’s). They sound great. I don’t understand how to master this. ...

HelenaBzg
replies: 7 views: 500
leddy 3 days ago

Hi! I'm using an A/D/A converter which inputs and outputs via DB25 connectors, and I was wondering if anyone has made any...

gonzalo1004es
replies: 4 views: 414
gonzalo1004es 4 days ago

Hmm, this pretty much looks like exactly what I need.. Tracks Live – Multitrack Recording Software | Waves

huub
replies: 22 views: 4,772
hughshouse 4 days ago

I tried something else than I have ever done the other day. hooppie Short example -- what do you think? (Levels are too loud --...

apotheosis
replies: 6 views: 404
jimjazzdad 5 days ago

By and large, for a couple of reasons. One is the problem of trying to shoe-horn digital capabilities into existing analog...

panatrope
replies: 4 views: 481
panatrope 5 days ago

I'm mixing a live show next week where one of the numbers will be a light rock piece (the Beach Boys' "Good...

nightchef
replies: 6 views: 380
jimjazzdad 5 days ago

If I have a Nagra Seven, and recording stereo, but need to mic the MC, what could I use to attach to the podium (a digital...

HelenaBzg
replies: 5 views: 425
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

In a few weeks I'm recording Britten's War Requiem (on November 11th, the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day) with the Tulsa...

JCBigler
replies: 5 views: 513
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

Just been hired to record a singer songwriter in his home. New record, 12 tracks. Basically we'll be doing the sessions in the...

nobtwiddler
replies: 65 views: 3,430
RyanC 6 days ago

Recorded tonight, a short segment from Fauré Requiem, with a 55 voice choir

studer58
replies: 13 views: 809
studer58 6 days ago

Here's a bit of fun to put a smile on your dial...a trad jazz ensemble processes on from the rear right of the hall, up the steps...

studer58
replies: 9 views: 532
studer58 6 days ago

Hi all. I use a combination of ORTF and M/S for the primary stereo mic pair for recording various orchestra, band, and choral...

dtube
replies: 7 views: 482
Rolo 46 6 days ago

This is more of a thought experiment than a question. Let's set aside the notion of color and I'll concede that if you want a...

TMetzinger
replies: 20 views: 770
emrr 1 week ago

A particularly lovely performance of the G-flat Impromptu from a recent live concert. Mic'ing is a single pair of Schoeps...

kirkus
replies: 3 views: 409
Stradivariusz 1 week ago

Surprised I haven't seen much discussion about this new product? As the F8 itself have been very popular. I have written a very...

IronFilm
replies: 16 views: 4,439
Spino 1 week ago

I am looking for a (very) affordably priced microphone to be used in a main AB microphone setup for a big orchestra + choir in a...

pelleke
replies: 152 views: 52,513
Stradivariusz 1 week ago

I'm very curious to hear some other forum members’ insights about this. What are the techniques that people are using these...

BrianHanke
replies: 232 views: 40,907
shosty 1 week ago

..for y'all that own one: I just ordered a MixPre 3 and it looks like it needs a USB cable that is USB-A on both ends... is that...

szegedin
replies: 27 views: 1,376
ardis 1 week ago

So, what video cameras are you guys using when you are asked to provide video and audio for audition or live performance...

jnorman
replies: 69 views: 2,534
pieter k 1 week ago

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a field recorder for sample collecting while on the go. Originally, I was thinking for getting...

replies: 7 views: 578
piper 1 week ago

Could anyone share some thoughts on the best way to mic a community concert coming up in a months time? Due to the performance...

M4granger
replies: 27 views: 644
M4granger 1 week ago

Here is the first five seconds of tonight's recording: Now a question. For tonight's recording, I made some changes in the...

Early21
replies: 13 views: 608
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

The title might be a bit cryptic, but here is the situation. Early November we will have a concert with a somewhat different...

connloyalist
replies: 10 views: 610
studer58 1 week ago

Any suggestions on a mic stand that collapses to a very small, lightweight footprint? Setting up a mobile rig.

mizzle
replies: 27 views: 21,193
tourtelot 1 week ago

Hi all, this is a recent recording (extract) I made locally of the Ravel Introduction and Allegro as part of a chamber concert...

Early21
replies: 29 views: 1,172
Early21 1 week ago

The Nagra VI is a bit behind in many areas of hardware, functionality and offerings (spinning discs, USB 2, no HDMI, etc). It was...

supoUSA
replies: 88 views: 3,556
c1ferrari 2 weeks ago

On behalf of a friend - and in relation to liturgical worship music (Byzantine Chant), if you could please share some valuable...

Petros
replies: 0 views: 320
Petros 2 weeks ago

Dear all, Last week I recorded a new CD for a vocal ensemble I have been working with for a long time. The disc is devoted to...

apotheosis
replies: 9 views: 528
John Pk 2 weeks ago

Here's a review of the new Extinct audio passive ribbon mics (complete with ears !), made in the UK and inspired by the revered...

studer58
replies: 44 views: 2,653
zebra50 2 weeks ago

Any thoughts or people who have used the Rode NTR as vocal spot microphone in a small-spaced AB or MS or Blumlein?

apotheosis
replies: 10 views: 1,809
ChrisNunchuck 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search