The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
We're back in the saddle....some pics. Consoles
Old 30th December 2003
Lives for gear

We're back in the saddle....some pics.

It's been many months comming and I'm very happy to say that my buddy Phil is doing good.
This is the first remote gig we've done together since he had his kidney yanked out courtesy of the big C. All he's missing is his rock and roll locks. The chicks think he looks better bald. I'm just glad to be doing gigs with him...

This is a little live multitrack for the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach. Came out nice with the exception of the geetar player who didn't have a second guitar, or set of strings handy
I'll be mixing it for release in Feb.

Went as smooth as can be.....brought our own split and a few xtra mics.....great FOH guy made it a wonderfully easy night.
Here's a couple pics of the truck...14 ft usually used for schleping gear, If biz takes off we'll consider an RV or build out from scratch.
Pic of Phil behind the board:
Attached Thumbnails
We're back in the saddle....some pics.-philtruck.jpg  
Old 30th December 2003
Lives for gear

gear that nite:
Attached Thumbnails
We're back in the saddle....some pics.-racks2.jpg  
Old 30th December 2003
Lives for gear

BTW, we experienced a newish beta 58 just stop working in the middle of a tune. Not dropped, not cutting out.....just gone. Really weird.
Attached Thumbnails
We're back in the saddle....some pics.-racksnconsole.jpg  
Old 30th December 2003
Super Moderator

Congratulations,

It's great to hear your partner's back and doing well.
More power to you guys!
It's equally great to hear your first gig (in a while) went well.
So, what did you do about the B58?
Did you have a spare or backup mic to switch to?
Old 30th December 2003
Gear Addict

hey craig, one of my best freinds and employer (he runs an indy label and i record and do live sound for a few of his bands) just had his kidney removed from cancer as well. he's in his early 30's. scary stuff, but he's doing well. your buddy phil looks to be doing well also! thats gotta be good news for you. anyway, best wishes to both of you.
Old 30th December 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Remoteness
Congratulations,

It's great to hear your partner's back and doing well.
More power to you guys!
It's equally great to hear your first gig (in a while) went well.
So, what did you do about the B58?
Did you have a spare or backup mic to switch to?
Thanks Steve.
It was the clubs 58 that went down,(shoulda used ours, but who woulda known) and yes I had a spare ready.
I've never seen a 58 fail like that, a newish mic too.

Just goes to show you .....(not sure what)

we've got a couple things brewing for the new year. I see the remote biz as essential to getting through the next year in the "mothership" studio we built.
I really, really enjoy the live thing alot. I think it comes from my tech days. I dig the client interaction and the "get it right the first time" pressure.
Oh, and not being in the cave all the time.
we're gonna get serious this year and hopefully get better at what we do.
looking forward to '04.
Old 30th December 2003
Old 2nd May 2004
Lives for gear

Not looking to bum anyone out here, but I'd like to solict prayers/good vibes for my bud phil...(pic in the top of the thread) he's fighting hard, has bounced back from the kidney and chemo...clean slate for3 months till today. He's gonna have to go in for another seek and destroy mission, and will go and do a remote with me in LA on cinco demayo, despite it all.
He's a brave SOB. a class act.

Phil Cole in san Diego CA.j

Thanks guys.
Old 2nd May 2004
Gear Addict

hey Caj.. let him know we are rooting/praying for him!
Old 2nd May 2004
Gear Maniac

my prayers are with him.

ALL THE POWER TO YOU PHIL!
Old 2nd May 2004
Lives for gear

Craig, thank you for the privilege of standing with you on this... please let him know these prayers are from a brother in BC.
Old 2nd May 2004
Lives for gear

thanks fellas.
Old 6th May 2004
Lives for gear

the new laptop....
Attached Thumbnails
We're back in the saddle....some pics.-newlaptop.jpg  
Old 6th May 2004
Lives for gear

pre's
Attached Thumbnails
We're back in the saddle....some pics.-pres.jpg  
Old 18th May 2004
Gear Nut

Question Ride-along, perhaps?

Craig, if you allow it, I'd like to see your truck and maybe ride along with you. I'm just over here in Escondido and bored to death. I'm returning to the East Coast within the next few months to work for a recording company in New York City, and I also have some dusty old experience working as a tape op way back when I was in my late teens and early twenties, at a now defunct eight- and sixteen-track analog recording studio in Queens.

I promise to be quiet and invisible if you consent to my presence, and if that is your desire.

Did I mention that I'm excellent at holding the flashlight? And you know how some girls like to tell guys how to fix something? Not me, no sirree...I can even keep my mouth shut when a guy is having me point the flashlight at everything (including the chrome-moly muffler bearings) because the vehicle won't start, even though I noticed as soon as he opened the hood half an hour ago that the battery terminals are corroded. I really do possess this rare ability. And I fetch coffee like a Labrador Retriever, too.

PM me if you have room for a stow-away in the near future, and thanks for your consideration.
Old 31st May 2004
chikkenguy
hey cajonez. im interested in your comments on the langevin dual vocal combo. seems like a sweet deal for 1600 bucks... almost too sweet. how does it hold up with all the other stuff.
Old 19th August 2004
Lives for gear

Hey all, I'm here to solicit some prayers and/or good vibes or my partner Phil. He's back to fighting the cancer (transitional cell) and has come up with some new challenges.

It's been a roller coaster for the last few months, and at this point he's feeling pretty beat up.

If anyone has any experience with holistic medicine as it relates to cancer, I'd like to be able to pass that info along to help in the cause.

Thanks for all the prayers, and keep em coming.

Phil Cole San Diego Ca.

great husband , friend, and engineer.

craig (cajonezzz)
Old 16th February 2005
Lives for gear

Bye to a great friend ...

Update on Phil, He passed this morning in is sleep after a long and painful battle with cancer.
He will be remembered as a great friend and talented musician and engineer.
Thanks for all the prayers for Phil, and keep'em comming for his wife, Trisha.
Old 16th February 2005
Lives for gear

I'm really sorry to hear that, Craig. It looks from here that he was a good friend, and that you were both privileged to have each other in your lives. Funny, I was just wondering the other day how he was...

I will continue to lift up Trisha and the family, and thank you for that privilege.
Old 16th February 2005
Super Moderator

Craig:

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Phil.
He past in his sleep...
I trust he was dreaming of a wonderful place.
Best wishes to you, Trisha and her family.

Old 16th February 2005
Gear Guru

Hey Craig ..So sorry ..My prayers out to all of you
Old 16th February 2005
Lives for gear

Hey Craig,

Like many here, I've been following this thread for almost two years now, and I'm very sorry to hear about your buddy Phil. Best wishes to his family and friends.
Old 17th February 2005

Craig, Hate to hear the news about Phil. Our friends and family are the one true gift that we have and we have to savor every moment that we have together. My thoughts are with you and his family.
Old 17th February 2005
Lives for gear

Unhappy

Sorry, man.

Really.
Old 17th February 2005
Lives for gear

Sorry to hear that cajo.
Old 17th February 2005
Lives for gear

Craig, So sorry to hear about your friend.

Sigh.......

An artist that I've been working with and becoming good friends with lately lost his mom today too.

Sigh.......
Old 17th February 2005
Unhappy

So sorry for the loss of Phil Cole

Jules
Gearslutz.com
Old 17th February 2005
Lives for gear

Sorry to hear about your friend Craig.
Old 17th February 2005
Lives for gear

First of all my condolences to you and his people. Loosing a close person gives you a hard time and questions.

My cousin and her 3 twens have been here last weekend from Canada. They wanted to meet us as their family to back them up a bit, because her former husband and father of the kids had died from cancer a couple of days before.

It touched me quite, because he had been over here a couple of years ago and asked me at that time if I could talk to her not to leave him. He has been a very sympathic guy and I felt for him.

Now, the kids told us that he had been loving her to his last minute.

---

Cancer seems to become more and more of a common desease.
Maybe we should start requesting a change in our industries who yet try to add another cent on million bucks profits and for that treat our food in unscrupulous ways.

The bio chemical industry develops crappy plants just so to make the farmers dependant on corresponding herpicides etc.
Next, the processing industry adds whatever it takes to prolong the durability of the food, from chemicals to nuclear radiation, just so that the trading period can be extended in order that the dealers might shove it back and forth to squeeze yet the last penny from the deal.

And finally all the chemicals being put in to make the food appear like what it isn´t. Making pallid mass look reder than red or greener than green, or keeping sausages and other things juicy by putting in phosphates ( phosphate damages nervous system and makes aggressive ).

Or the same greed principle when they recycle high quality steel from nuclear power stations and melt it to frying pans and pots. ( Unbelievable? There is much more than that to hardly beleive what priority of plain $$$$$ making yields to.)

This is all entirely superfluous burden on the consumers.

The medical and foodstuff industries urgently need thorough supervision instead of the servile and corrupted states control as is.

BTW, European friends, where do you think the loads of BSE meat has gone which had been said to be taken hundreds of years to distroy? Out of sight, out of mind. Injoy your steak.

Ruphus
Old 18th February 2005

respects man

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search