The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags: , , , ,

Greetings to all Gearslutz out there
Old 30th September 2002
Super Moderator

Smile Greetings to all Gearslutz out there

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be discussing the mobile and location production side of the sound recording industry.

I love GearSlutz.com! And I hope to bring you some insight on the world of remote recording a la Aura Sonic Ltd.

During the October month, I will schedule a few sessions to discuss and test out a few audio recording concepts. My "virtual gobo" mic'ing technique, stem mixing for live recording and a shoot out with various products under "live performance" conditions will be included in the October sessions. A select group of Gearslutz will be invited to these session. Our process and findings will be posted for your review. More information will follow very soon.

This audio forum is only as good as it's contributing participants... Got anything "important" to say? Or maybe a question or thought you can bring to the table about location recording and/or recording live? An enlightenment of any kind would be great. How about an embellishment of sorts? Keep me posted. I'm all "gearz", I mean, "ears".
Old 30th September 2002
High End Moderator

Steve
welcome to the moderator pool at the gearslutz forum. It will be interesting to hear the different gear needs on the mobile side of things. We've been rocking, now we will be rolling...heh
Old 1st October 2002
Gear Maniac

Hi Steve,

I do (mix) mostly live events. I guess I FINALLY have another human being to talk to. Welcome, and don't ever leave...

NYC Drew
Old 1st October 2002
Lives for gear

very warm welcome here too Steve .... have a feeling that we all are going to learn a lot this month ..... I have some experience with remote recording .... but don't do it all that much .... to be honest ... it scares me whenever I have to .... hope you can take some of my fears about it away .
Old 1st October 2002
Super Moderator

Awesome guys:

Thank you for the kind words.

Chris, I believe perception is everything... I will do my best to rid you of your "evil" fears about recording live on location.

Drew, another Remote Man, and you live in NYC. Very strong! If you folks keep this up, I may never leave.

And yes Michael, now we're complete. We will Rock and Roll this forum with all that Jazz...

Thanks again guys!
Old 3 weeks ago
Super Moderator

October 1st, 2019 shall make the seventeen year anniversary of the "Remote Possibilities..." forum!

Now, that's quite special on a few different levels.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I joined Gearslutz in October, 2002 because of this forum. Yep, been here from just about the very beginning and it is still my favorite forum.

I've learned tons here. For that I want to thank Steve and the many thoughtful posters that make this forum the best.

Although mixing and mastering make up most of my work nowadays, remote recording was my first love and remains my fav; with digital consoles in venues, cuts in performing arts budgets, and such, there isn't as much call for my remote services as there once was- but I still practice the art every chance I can.
Old 3 weeks ago
Super Moderator

That's so kind of you to say. Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildplum View Post
I joined Gearslutz in October, 2002 because of this forum. Yep, been here from just about the very beginning and it is still my favorite forum.

I've learned tons here. For that I want to thank Steve and the many thoughtful posters that make this forum the best.

Although mixing and mastering make up most of my work nowadays, remote recording was my first love and remains my fav; with digital consoles in venues, cuts in performing arts budgets, and such, there isn't as much call for my remote services as there once was- but I still practice the art every chance I can.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
October 1st, 2019 shall make the seventeen year anniversary of the "Remote Possibilities..." forum!
One more year until it comes of age.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
That's so kind of you to say. Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildplum View Post

Yes, definitely the best forum-many smart and generous contributors. I’ve learned a lot and nice to be able to share what I know.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
If the Remote Forum was a bar populated with everyone who contributes here, especially the regulars, it would be one I'd find myself in several nights a week (if I wasn't out recording).....and then I'd have to contend with an acquired drinking problem .....but well offset by all the valuable advice and experience which abounds within its walls

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search