The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MBHO MBNM 410CL 279 € omni
Old 19th May 2014
Quote:
I think it was just the KHE Brauner that has the MBHO.
MBHO is the supplier for many of Dave Bocks mics and the Manley Gold Ref.
Where are you getting this? Last time I checked Manley used Josephson capsules, not MBHO.
Old 16th June 2014
Lives for gear

I sold my Haun 550 pair when I bought the DPA 4060 pair (4061 in my case), because I preferred the sound of the latter. But that was many years ago, and for close miking.
You can take the grid off from the 4060 for less brightness, or use a different one for more high frequencies.
As far as I know Josephson offer the Haun 550 as their own mic, too.
Nevaton lavalier mics might be good to check out, too, though I haven't tested them yet. I've read good things about them in a taper forum.
I like the Gefell measurement capsules that Josephson also uses in the 600 series (MK202 sounds more open, MK221 has less noise, MK102 can be cool, too).
Old 6th December 2014
Lives for gear

diffuse field mike

schoeps MK3, how does it sound?

comparable to MBHO DK 100?

what about pointing non corrected omnis away from the source instead of buying corrected omnis?
Old 6th December 2014
Gear Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor View Post
what about pointing non corrected omnis away from the source instead of buying corrected omnis?
I presume you mean - using a diffuse field omni in the nearfield, instead of a nearfield omni, and then pointing it away from the source to compensate for the HF boost.

Yes - this can work well and I did a piano recital recording this way when the nearfield omnis were not available (though I do now have the nearfield heads).

I had the mics vertical with the sound from the source coming in at 90° where I got a flat response. It worked very well and we made 4 different CDs this way.
Old 15th April 2015
Lives for gear

Sorry for catching this so late:
"Do you know how the MBHO LK or DK 100 compares with the line audio OM1?"

The KA100L (Linear) is closer to the OM1 but still has an enhanced treble range. The KA100D (Diffuse Field) is pretty darn bright (but somehow in a smooth, airy way). The OM1 is really flat.
From flat to bright: OM1 > KA100L > KA100D.
Old 18th September 2015
Here for the gear

Hi, this is Marcus for MBHO Germany. Thank you for the kind words re our mics ("superb"), and I enjoyed the posted sound files, thank you!! :-)

Here some info which hopefully helps a bit:

- MBHO do now have a distributor in the US, Dale Pro Audio (Interview with MBHO Founder Herbert Haun). The lower price in Euros is offset by the US Customs + shipping charges, so the pricing is about identical, and you can speak English and in real time to someone re MBHO.

- However, MBHO Germany is happy to deal directly with any repair and warranty issues. Please contact us directly and we do our best to get your mics back asap.

- Sadly, the mentioned 648 mic body is discontinued. Also, the 440 CLS (only the CLS, the 440 CL and 410 arestill availaible) mic with the -10 db pad and the filter is discontinued. We still sell the 440 and 410 (and currently work on an entire new modular microphone series).
Old 19th September 2015
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the post, Marcus. Would you be willing to provide a few details about the new line of modular mics in the works?
Old 19th September 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaier View Post
Thanks for the post, Marcus. Would you be willing to provide a few details about the new line of modular mics in the works?
Yes, I am very curious about that as well

Regards, Christine
Old 19th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdemuth View Post
Hi, this is Marcus for MBHO Germany.
Great to see you here so you can have your customer feedback about MBHO mics.
And happy you work on new mics even if competition is hard these days on this segment.
Old 19th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdemuth View Post
We still sell the 440 and 410 (and currently work on an entire new modular microphone series).
Interesting news - I'm just as curious about the new series

::
Mads
Old 19th September 2015
Gear Nut

Me too! I'd like to know if there is any news already when they can apear?

Greetings

Last edited by Polifonia; 19th September 2015 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Wrong quote.
Old 19th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor View Post

the DPA 4060 was providing the most detailed sound, but at close distance (less then 3 meters) it is way to sharp for voice. SN ratio is absolutely OK for organ. on the 8' gedackt + 1' it sounds really OK.
Did you try with the grids removed?
Old 20th September 2015
Here for the gear

MBHO 649 Series

Thank you so much for your interest in our new modular microphone series. Sadly, and I must apologize, that the 649-series is sort of a "no-news".

In short, the 649 series will not be out for several years.

The long and winding explanation: I was shown at the MBHO X-Mas party in 2012 the new 649-series, which were not based on any existing MBHO mic bodies or capsules, and compromise an entirely new line, with all associated machining tools and research. The 649 series is a brain child of Mr. Schneider (formerly of Schoepps), who is now 80 years old, and is working together with Herbert Haun at MBHO. According to Mr. Schneider the capsule design is entirely new, and as well the circuitry in the body and the connection between body and capsule.

Mr. Schneider proudly presented the 649 series to me, and said that this microphone was the "result of his last 20 years" of work. I was very excited and shared the news that the mic will appear "in 3-4 months" as told to me. Sadly, this "3-4" months timeline was mentioned again and again over the next 2 years, until Mr. Schneider finally decided to postpone the launch of the 649 indefinitely to make further changes, research and improvements. To take his time, and to enjoy the development process, which are according to Mr. Schneider and Mr. Haun the most rewarding aspect of running a microphone company.

Once again, my apologies, and I hope the explanation makes sense.

In the meantime, MBHO has updated all its circuit boards in its 604 bodies and 440 and 410 series, which are now based on SMDs, and have a much lower noise ratio (the 603 is still based on the old board).

Please get in touch for any questions.

Please have in mind that Dale Pro Audio (ask for Dan Ross, or: [email protected]) have a generous evaluation program for MBHO microphones.

Sincerely,

Marcus Demuth
Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

Do MBHO still make the KA800 figure-8 capsule? It's not on their site.
Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

Sure, the KA800 is a standard capsule. It's listed on my website, but I couldn't get MBHO to update their website, I know at least someone is working on it according to Marcus... They can vary a bit form one to the next so if you're thinking Blumlein or MS, order a matched pair. It's one of the very few true Fig-8 capsules on the market today (= one diaphragm design). I got nice comments from customers who've bought a KA800 so far.
Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks. I have one KA800 already and like it very much. One day perhaps I'll get another!
Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

Good to hear you're satisfied with the MBHOs.
The guys at MBHO are real great and I bet if you send your over they can provide a matched pair.
Old 28th May 2016
Lives for gear

Hebert will do it indeed. It's worth sending an existing capsule for matching when buying another to make a pair to avoid several dBs of spread...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search