The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Suggestions for a binaural setup that won't break the bank? Condenser Microphones
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sbean View Post
If you don't use the Fig-8 channels, it is binaural.
Not really. It is more similar to a spaced pair with a baffle.

CNC. Interesting. I know molds can get quite expensive, so I hope you get the demand necessary for mass production.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax512 View Post
Not really. It is more similar to a spaced pair with a baffle.

CNC. Interesting. I know molds can get quite expensive, so I hope you get the demand necessary for mass production.
No, it is not similar to a spaced pair with baffle. It is a ball, simply a ball. Maybe extra large APE. Spaced pair with baffle is similar to a back to back PZM.
The argue I noticed, is mainly focused on [Shall binaural include pinna or not].
For loudspeaker and around the ear headphone, to exclude pinna is more reasonable since the listeners' pinna is still affecting the playback sound, and recording pinna shall not double the effect.
For on the ear, and in ear headphones, maybe recording pinna shall be included, but how do you make sure that the recording pinna equal to the listners' pinna, and there're still different headphones in relation with the listner pinna or ear canal... It is an endless argument.

Last edited by 9sbean; 2 days ago at 07:32 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search