The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
1 big monitor, or 3 smaller ones?
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

1 big monitor, or 3 smaller ones?

I recently got a new pc. With my old pc, I started out with 3 video monitors (each 19 inch) on my desk. As it turns out, one monitor died, the other has a rather noticeable pixel problem at one spot, and 1 still works just fine.

So I've temporarily hooked up my new pc to one 19 inch monitor. I find this to be not enough screen real estate. So the question is, should I buy 3 new smaller monitors, or should I buy 1 nice big whopper of a screen? There will also be a 4th (or 2nd) monitor placed by my keyboard rig on the otherside of my studio (I've been frustrated in running back and forth to see the screens when I switch gears and lay down keyboard tracks).

How do you guys like to work? Price is really not my primary concern.

I use cubase, wavelab, and a handful of other audio programs. My new pc is a dual boot, with the other boot running everything non-audio related (office, email, quicken, web surfing, etc).

-Tom
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Bigger is better, I'm sick of dealing w/ multi monitors, and now there are some widescreen monis that look good. The main issue for me is what happens to the speaker placement around a big moni.

philp
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear
I'd get the smallest monitor you can still work with, because monitors can completely destroy the sound of the monitoring system.
I have one 19" and it's enough for me.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

I just like having a lot of screen space while I edit & premix.
2ea 23" data screens at home DAW.

This is an old snapshot with the CRT still in use.
Attached Thumbnails
1 big monitor, or 3 smaller ones?-daw-gone_0624112311.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search