The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Minimum gear for a remote music recording?
Old 24th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohaku View Post
If you have the budget and the footprint works, SD is a wonderful thing, especially if you are doing pay for play. I'd love a 788T if I could justify it. If you also want the smaller footprint for your mics that comes with active cables, you would just need to add PFAs (which are very inexpensive) to your active cables and you are there.
Wow, thanks for all the info, I think I've got my head wrapped around it now. So, with a 788t and two mk5 capsules, my signal chain would be: Mk5>KCY>Naiant PFA>sd788? I think that's right anyway?

And what do you mean by 'pay for play'? I've never heard that in this context before...
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

That's correct for the signal chain.

Pay for play refers to recording for money - as opposed to being a hobbyist. When you sell your services, expectations are different.

Cruise over to Taperssection for more extended discussions of active cables and related paraphenalia. Or pm me if you like.
Old 27th October 2013
Lives for gear

Cymatic Audio LR 16 USB Live Recorder Review - Cymatic Audio

If you do FOH then 16x16 from direct or inserts of the board and a usb hardrive and this.

It records 16 tracks without fuss and computers and mics unless you want mics...and stores them on a portable drive to take home and mixdown.

Pretty simple I think .
Old 27th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoEgo View Post
Cymatic Audio LR 16 USB Live Recorder Review - Cymatic Audio
It records 16 tracks without fuss and computers and mics unless you want mics...and stores them on a portable drive to take home and mixdown.
does it record 24 bit/96kHz to usb hardrive, or only 16/24 bit/44.1-48kHz?
Old 27th October 2013
Lives for gear

16 bit 44 and 48 to hd...or 24 96 to laptop. Its also a 16 in 2 out audio interface.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search