The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone using Adobe Audition CS6?
Old 22nd October 2013
  #61
Lives for gear
 

As an Audition user frequently in need of expert help I'd like to ask that negative comments about Adobe's policies be directed where they belong, to the company's website and not at an expert advisor like Durin. It is tremendously valuable to have him drop by here to give support, and the setting of the sales policies are done by people way above his pay-grade. Can we be polite and grateful for his help, please, and not make this forum so unpleasant for him that he won't show up again?

thanks

philp
Old 22nd October 2013
  #62
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkf View Post
That's much to friendly expressed. Adobe had before both: subscription and permanent licenses. Now they can get the users by the balls to control them better. The more you depend on their software the more you're bound to their business model. So it's for me a simple act of self protection to not letting Adobe force me to behave for want they think is best for them. They changed the conditions afterwards you bought into a company history of product developments. When I bought Adobe products (I have beside Audition, a Master Collection and additionally PhotoShop CS6 licenses) I had no idea that the development with an update policy working over years would be changed in the far future to a system I never would have agreed beforehand. Furthermore to depend on a US based cloud system is for European users with a rest of self-respect a no-no after all the NSA crap that popped up recently. Something that was expected by some but no hard facts were available. The US government is organizing massive business espionage and together with more and more cloud systems from the US or controlled by US companies, which are easily accessible by US 'security' agencies, we should be so stupid to deliver our data more or less directly to them? No, thanks.
I am friendly towards Durin, as I should be, but it doesn't make me friendly towards Adobe. Actually I agree with you in all aspects of your concern here.

I bought the CS 5,5 production premium suite, as an upgrade, because I wouldn't loose my "right" to upgrade [I came from CS2]. I feel as cheated as you, discovering that Adobe just changed their rules making it impossible to upgrade. The Cloud bandwagon is a no-go for me too, for the exact same reasons as you state.

If Adobe doesn't change this, lets hope competitors realize that this as a good opportunity to develop new programs for the audio/visual world, using co-creation, customer service, reliable license agreements and fair price as key-words for their business. [add to this, unwillingness to sell their companies to Adobe].

As for philpers concern about treating Durin politely, I can only agree.
As I hear Durin, he also recognize that an honest response towards the company he works for, among these how users reacts on the big change Adobe did, is a serious critique.

The good thing about having this discussion here at Gearslutz is that we are not in Adobe territory. The frustration that many have, with Adobe, should be heard were it belongs, like in this forum, were many cares a lot about, how a given product/company behaves. Criticism is good, refraining from it, because it's Adobe, would be a sad path to walk.

::
Mads
Old 22nd October 2013
  #63
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
If Adobe doesn't change this, lets hope competitors realize that this as a good opportunity to develop new programs for the audio/visual world, using co-creation, customer service, reliable license agreements and fair price as key-words for their business. [add to this, unwillingness to sell their companies to Adobe].
Microsoft and Adobe can afford to force this cloud nonsense on users because there is not yet any true competition.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #64
Lives for gear
 

Well I was able to upgrade to CS6, and even if that's the end of the line for upgrades to Audition, that's okay with me, as CS6 is a very fine program as is.

I think both options should be available.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #65
Here for the gear
 

Looks like my post from last night never submitted. Thanks for the time and thanks to OzPeter who rattled my cage and let me know there was a discussion happening over here. (I try to visit regularly, though I'm a pretty passive member, but usually I'm playing catch up with old threads.) And don't worry about my feelings I know full well that not everyone is pleased with the change Adobe has made, and I'm more than willing to listen to your concerns. When I have the opportunity to share those with management, I do.

Thanks again.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #66
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by duringleaves View Post
Looks like my post from last night never submitted. Thanks for the time and thanks to OzPeter who rattled my cage and let me know there was a discussion happening over here. (I try to visit regularly, though I'm a pretty passive member, but usually I'm playing catch up with old threads.) And don't worry about my feelings I know full well that not everyone is pleased with the change Adobe has made, and I'm more than willing to listen to your concerns. When I have the opportunity to share those with management, I do.

Thanks again.
Thanks Durin, it's good to know!

As already said - if you find out that it's possible to update single programs to version 6 (from 5,5) do let me know.
And if you can see any light for us who can only live with licensed versions, let us know!

::
Mads
Old 22nd October 2013
  #67
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
if you find out that it's possible to update single programs to version 6 (from 5,5) do let me know.
Just received official confirmation that Adobe does not support upgrades from a suite to a single application, nor vice versa. The upgrade policy only supports upgrades of the same package, with the occasional promotional offer. I'm not aware of any current promos for CS6 applications.
Old 23rd October 2013
  #68
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by duringleaves View Post
Just received official confirmation that Adobe does not support upgrades from a suite to a single application, nor vice versa. The upgrade policy only supports upgrades of the same package, with the occasional promotional offer. I'm not aware of any current promos for CS6 applications.
Well not very uplifting - but thanks for checking!

::
Mads
Old 23rd October 2013
  #69
Lives for gear
 

Hey DUrin:

Is there any way to automatically conform an Audition project to a new EDL (as from an editor, a newer cut of a video project)?

thanks

philp
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump