The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags: , ,

Earcatcher array: samples
Old 2nd May 2018
Lives for gear

Although I know the array and am prejudiced in your favor, I'd say this is a recording which captures the music and space beautifully. Have the Swingle Singers returned?
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earcatcher View Post
...At home I mixed it all in a "pop" style, like a backing track for a Leonard Cohen song. The title is mine as I don't know what the original Telemann composition was called. Imagine yourself to approach the scene in a quiet pace. Enjoy!
That is both haunting and sublime. Thank you for sharing it. As someone who has spent a good deal of time on the sea, I am always attracted to mermaids and selkies
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjazzdad View Post
That is both haunting and sublime. Thank you for sharing it. As someone who has spent a good deal of time on the sea, I am always attracted to mermaids and selkies
Play it as a loop and you'll be out on the sea in no time! I've found it to be very meditative that way.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Contemplation and exaltation

15th Century Spanish vespers, recorded with an ECA of Sennheiser MKH20's and some room mics, including Schoeps BLM3's, MG M296's and Sanken CU-44xII. No spots, no artificial reverb. Unfortunately the first sample was longer than what could be uploaded here, so I had to cut it before the beautiful ending, but you can still get an idea of the sonic qualities of this technique.

The dynamics of the original 96kHz/24bit files were a bit big to compress them into MP3's, so some clipping may occur, but this is the best I could do within those limitations. Someday the CDs with almost two hours of this wonderful music may come out and all can be listened to in full glory then.

I have been hesitating for some time if I would post these samples here, as I felt I wanted to keep them to myself and meditate with them. But music should be heard and experienced, so here is my contribution to the forum.

Enjoy!

Attached Files

Vesper_sample_1.mp3 (14.19 MB, 702 views)

Vesper_sample_2.mp3 (9.67 MB, 589 views)

Vesper_sample_3.mp3 (14.34 MB, 566 views)

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Vespers as an art form have an other-worldly, supernatural aura to them. Almost like magic or sorcery being performed. These give me chills Your capture has that nearly eerie mood that makes vespers so special, and so strange. Beautifully performed; beautifully captured. Great job and thank you.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earcatcher View Post
15th Century Spanish vespers, recorded with an ECA of Sennheiser MKH20's and some room mics, including Schoeps BLM3's, MG M296's and Sanken CU-44xII. No spots, no artificial reverb. Unfortunately the first sample was longer than what could be uploaded here, so I had to cut it before the beautiful ending, but you can still get an idea of the sonic qualities of this technique.

The dynamics of the original 96kHz/24bit files were a bit big to compress them into MP3's, so some clipping may occur, but this is the best I could do within those limitations. Someday the CDs with almost two hours of this wonderful music may come out and all can be listened to in full glory then.

I have been hesitating for some time if I would post these samples here, as I felt I wanted to keep them to myself and meditate with them. But music should be heard and experienced, so here is my contribution to the forum.

Enjoy!

Used to like the EA a lot, this does show again the great strenght of it. Incredibly beautiful recording in par to the performance and music! Want to have it complete!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Impressive recording and performance. Well done.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by RFrommann; 1 week ago at 07:09 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search