The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags: , , ,

best wireless mic
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Question best wireless mic

I need to purchase a wireless mic for my church. We're using mid level sennheiser mics for praise and worship, but I need one for the speaker. My budget is a little limited. I only have about 600-650 to spend. The question is what's the best mic and what's the best place to purchase? I would prefer it not be sennheiser to keep this mic distinctive enough so no one touches it excepth for the speaker.
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Maniac

You are probably not going to get much help here since this is mostly a recording forum. go over to www.prosoundweb.com and read around on the live forum (the lab) there. Going to be much more helpful
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

go with the Sennheiser.
If you don't want it to be confused with the others put big colored tape on it or something.
In that price range the best thing your gonna get is the Sennheiser G2 stuff.
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaby987
I need to purchase a wireless mic for my church. We're using mid level sennheiser mics for praise and worship, but I need one for the speaker. My budget is a little limited. I only have about 600-650 to spend. The question is what's the best mic and what's the best place to purchase? I would prefer it not be sennheiser to keep this mic distinctive enough so no one touches it excepth for the speaker.
I am a fan of the Shure Beta 58 or Regular SM-58 Wireless mics, as well as all the Sennheiser stuff. they work exceptionally well any time we have used them for Major and Smaller scale events. (I work for a major North-American Production Company in Toronto, if it matters.)

They have a few models in varying price ranges, and I am sure you could find one that would meet your needs to a tee. BE SURE however to get confirmation that you will be able to use it with your current wireless system... nothing worse than having incompatible products.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search