The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags:

Surround
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Question Surround

Anyone out there catering for surround as a matter of course?
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Yes. Why ?
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

No. Most professional classical musicians we deal with say ... "What's surround?" Life is already too complicated.
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
No. Most professional classical musicians we deal with say ... "What's surround?" Life is already too complicated.
Yeah I hear you! I suppose it isnt a big deal to capture those extra channels needed but that does seem to subsribe to the "what if it takes off in the future" scenario that perhaps isnt the healthiest way of thinking.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I'm not equipped for surround (barely set up for stereo), but I think that classical music would actually be best served by surround. So much of the music is spatially-conceived: Gabrieli and Monteverdi's polychoral music, Bach's multiple orchestras in the Passions, Berlioz and Mahler's off-stage instruments, Ives's off-stage bands and choirs, Stockhausen's triple orchestra.... I've been dreaming of a surround recording of Tallis's "Spem in alium" for years....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search