The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Brief PLASA report DAW Software
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Brief PLASA report

Just for those that will not get a chance to attend and any others that are interested.

I visited PLASA yesterday. The main news from an audio side was the launch of the new Midas Pro 2. Basically a cut down version of the larger consoles with a starting price of around £15,000. A slightly larger configuration control surface was aimed to be around the £18,000 mark. This I was told, included a remote stage box, obviously this will probably sell well to a lot of the regional sound companies and the larger companies that already stock the larger consoles, but want to offer a compact version for smaller event's and venue's where space is a premium. from what I could tell it offered much the same facilities as the larger consoles with up to 56 input channels being available. More reverb and plug-in's are supposed to be in the pipeline.

Digico were not there, although some of their consoles where present on others stands.

Yamaha were pushing their Waves plugin availability.

Avid were showing Venuelink for Pro Tools allowing users to configure a Pro Tools session complete with track names copied from the Venue via ethernet. they also showed a new version of the Venue software allowing 32 tracks over Firewire for the SC48, although they would not confirm that this would be in the next release, it would appear likely.

Soundcraft showed their console range, pretty much as last year from what I could see.

GTO were showing their Outline system and there was a larger new system on the Bose stand. Martin again were showing their multicellular MLA range.

A few product were shown using Dante network, notably, JoeCo recorders.

The underlying buzz appears to be about AVB networking which Dante say they will be compatible as and when the standards are finalised, this I feel will be the major new development in the next 5 years or so, potentially everything connected via Ethernet and hub's.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search