The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lunatec V3 / Lavry AD11...or Sound Devices usbpre2 Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 22nd November 2011
Gear Maniac

The CO2 should be completely bit transparent. If not, it's broken.

Does anyone else have any opinions on the Lavry AD11 vs. the Sound Devices preamps and converters?

It seems the Lunatec has been discontinued. Oh well.
Old 22nd November 2011
Gear Head

Lunatec V3, Lavry AD 11 or Sound Devices pre or 702

I have a V3, a Lavry AD 10 and Sound Devices SD 702 and SD 722. For location recordings, I use the Sound Devices recorders almost exclusively. Are the other preamps any better than the ones in them? If they are, I can't tell it! I once tried a comparison between the V3 and one of the Sound Devices -- and concluded that I liked the SD's sound better.

If you want to do m-s recording, you just select it in the Sound Devices menu; you can either record as stereo or as separate m and s files (which you can monitor as matrixed stereo).

Download the SD 702 instructions from the Sound Devices site: that will tell you everything you need to know.

I've had 702 and 722 recorders for 3 or 4 years. Downloading the files from them takes a couple of minutes -- and I've never lost a file. For that matter, I've never lost a recording -- including a concert during which the venue's power failed, and the recorder had to carry on with its battery power.

The Sound Devices products have earned the highest praise I can give them. If you need additional mics, use an external mixer; if you need more discrete channels, buy a 744 or a 788.

daivadisc

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search