The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nagra Audio Interface Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Head

Nagra Audio Interface

Would anyone be interested in purchasing a Nagra audio interface if there was a plan to produce these in the future?

I would and just wondering if there is a potential market...
Old 11th September 2011
Depends, how would it be differentiated from other interfaces? I would like something that would work in conjunction with the Nagra VI, using it as a front end and provide control features.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'd like to have the nagra vi (or next generation recorder) function as a computer audio interface and a field recorder. If it could do both. At the same time, that would even be better.

I would envision using such a contraption as a field recorder for concerts and events where there is only one shot to capture the performance, but an audio interface when doing remote recording sessions. The ability to do both at once could help in back up situations.

It would have to have great mic pres, analog limiting, and ms monitoring for me to consider it. All of this good stuff is already in the VI. While I'm dreaming, 8 channels would be most useful. And it shouldn't be a lot more expensive than the sd 788.

Just my two cents.

Tom
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't think that Nagra would be interested in building an interface because they build the recorders already. Besides it would be Swiss and be so high cost that people would not buy it.

They build recorders and these recorders are optimized for sound.

I don't think they believe in recording to a laptop.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search