The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help me keep my patience
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Help me keep my patience

OK sound mavens, I need your help to sustain me in my upcoming hours (days weeks) of need. I will be purchasing a pair of Schoeps omnis and an additional pair of cardioid capsules "soon." It's just going to take me a little time to gather up the rest of the money. To help me pass the time, I would very much like to hear samples of your work recorded with Schoeps gear. I've searched GearSlutz forums and scoured Google, but, it seems, there is a surprising lack of good examples of "Classical," that is, Western Art music--which is what my wife and I record primarily. Many links are dead/expired, while others demonstrate pop or jazz applications. I have used the interactive page on the Schoeps web site, but it's not enough to sustain me. So come on, guys and gals, help me pass the time. Post some clips!

Regards,

Lloyd
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah, I'd like to hear some, too.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't own Schoeps (as yet... there's always Santa, I guess) but I do own (and use as a reference recording) the Frederick Fennell/CSW "Holst, Handel,Bach" audiophile LP (it's also available on CD at, among other places:Csw / Fennell - Holst: Suite No.1 & 2/Handel: Music For The Royal Fireworks/Bach: Fantasia In G CD Album) which, for me, pretty much nails the sound to which I'd aspire with great musicians under a great conductor in a great room.

Three mics (transformerless Schoeps/Studer SKM52U)... then (1978) state-of-the-art recording chain... still an amazing exemplar. Read the liner notes...
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Many thanks for the tip. I will certainly check into the recording.

Lloyd

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search