The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , ,

CM3 - really THAT good? Condenser Microphones
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyrocks View Post
A little less Schantz and a little more mariachi would liven things up....
Ahhhhhh... you know that room...

HB
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

pair of CM3s for vocals

I usually press my CM3s into service as a main pair for large choral pieces, but recently I tried them in front of a delightful vocal ensemble in a cozy and dry venue. CM3s were in "wide" ORTF (110*, 21.5cm capsule spacing). The performers' preferences for positioning and venue constraints put them rather close to the microphones.

The final mix of this trio's performance included NR and EQ to remove HVAC and traffic, reverb, and a pair of C414's on the piano. Here is only the CM3s with no processing whatsoever other than levels adjustment and dithering.
Attached Files

trio.mp3 (3.18 MB, 259 views)

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I think this is a very respectable mic performance ... I'm not missing anything, given it is a live recording!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrReid View Post
I usually press my CM3s into service as a main pair for large choral pieces, but recently I tried them in front of a delightful vocal ensemble in a cozy and dry venue. CM3s were in "wide" ORTF (110*, 21.5cm capsule spacing). The performers' preferences for positioning and venue constraints put them rather close to the microphones.

The final mix of this trio's performance included NR and EQ to remove HVAC and traffic, reverb, and a pair of C414's on the piano. Here is only the CM3s with no processing whatsoever other than levels adjustment and dithering.
A nice recording, renders all the detail outlined in your description

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search