The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

My First........Remote Recording Truck Studio Monitors
Old 9th January 2018
Super Moderator

Compact and fabulous! Love your new rig!
Old 10th February 2019
Here for the gear

Delta system ada 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburg View Post
And this was my november work: An 8 RU line splitter equipped with cards from german broadcast supplier DELTA SYSTEMS (They closed 10 years ago- but their cards are still great).
8 line inputs- each one goes to 6 separate transformer isolated active amplified groundlifted outputs- it found its place in the back of the truck but can also be carried to the stage or wherever it is needed.
Hello, Hamburg.
I´m really impressed by your mobile setup, very tidy, nice & neat indeed!
I have this rather "nerdy" question about your DELTA SYSTEMS rack.
I am looking for those "blind/blank cards" situated close to & between each
active Audio Distribution Amplifuer card. I think those "blanks" are fitted in the rack for magnetic + static shielding and isolation?
In German that could possibly translate to "Trennenkarte"?
Do you know if any firms in Germany still sell such "blank/isolation" Eurocards?
Danke & Grusse from Anders in Oslo/Norway :- )
Attached Thumbnails
My First........Remote Recording Truck-001-delta-system-ada-1082-rack-mit-trennenkarten.jpg  
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Nut

New truck on the road for first show.....

Inspired by Steves Ford Transit I built a new truck based on a maxi wheelbase Sprinter. This weekend we recorded the first festival of chamber music and a nice quartet. THe truck is equipped with a SOUNDCRAFT VI4, 3 NUENDO system capable of recording 128 tracks each, MADI, internal wiring with DANTE, and has space for an additional rack with video or audio gear. And everything is below 3.500kg. (that is the limit for small trucks in Germany)
Attached Thumbnails
My First........Remote Recording Truck-rt03_05.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-rt03_06.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-rt03_07.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-rt03_03.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-rt03_04.jpg  

My First........Remote Recording Truck-rt03_01.jpg  
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Inspired by Steves Ford Transit I built a new truck based on a maxi wheelbase Sprinter. This weekend we recorded the first festival of chamber music and a nice quartet. THe truck is equipped with a SOUNDCRAFT VI4, 3 NUENDO system capable of recording 128 tracks each, MADI, internal wiring with DANTE, and has space for an additional rack with video or audio gear. And everything is below 3.500kg. (that is the limit for small trucks in Germany)
you seem to like the vi4 - to which i can relate (somewhat): i got two studer vista 1 here. they're mobile (with flight cases) but not built into truck and are currently getting used more for live work than for broadcasting.

wish i had a truck like yours...
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

Nice looking small truck. Is it tall enough for you to stand up in?
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

That's really nice, great work. I remember when you started. It took time but good cooking always does. ;o)
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
you seem to like the vi4 - to which i can relate (somewhat): i got two studer vista 1 here. they're mobile (with flight cases) but not built into truck and are currently getting used more for live work than for broadcasting.

Thank you for your kind words. I am in the lucky situation to have room for the truck behind the house I live in. So the truck can be used as an audio - editing room sometimes (I also work as a dialogue- editor/ sound designer/ foley editor for movie companies) In this way the truck can make money even if it is not "on the road". Or in other words: it is not as comfortable as a studio room in a house but I can bring my studio easily to my customers if necessary..... (this word is hard to spell for a german like me- I always have to ask google.......)
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Nice looking small truck. Is it tall enough for you to stand up in?
Hi JCBigler, yes it is a regular SPRINTER with a very long wheelbase. The height inside is 1.93m. Most of the people can stand in it- except our studio- manager. He is 2.06 m. Dirk Nowitzki is 2.13 m. What I wanted to say is that the truck is high enough to stand in it.
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by boojum View Post
That's really nice, great work. I remember when you started. It took time but good cooking always does. ;o)
Hi Boojum, thank you again for your nice words. It has not become easier to get room (parking space) for a 7 ton truck in a crowded city like Hamburg or Berlin so I had to think of a solution.... Steve`s Transit showed me the direction- of course it is more comfortable to work in a big truck but times change fast.....
Old 12th April 2019
My dream truck. How is the air-conditioner? Is it external powered? Also how do you get the power?
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sbean View Post
My dream truck. How is the air-conditioner? Is it external powered? Also how do you get the power?
I get the power from the venue I am recording/ broadcasting from. The airconditioner is also powered from the venue. I need 16 A to run the truck.
Or 4 A without aircon.
Old 12th April 2019
Super Moderator

FYI, all our gear (consoles, mixers, recorders & such) is in flight cases and then mounted into our mobile unit as per the project's spec. The mobile units are actually, mobile studios that can be turned into control rooms or studio spaces and such depending on what the project entails.

This "Open Architecture" approach has been super helpful meeting the needs of each project down to the very last detail, especially when budget is a priority.

Quote:

Old 12th April 2019
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi Boojum, thank you again for your nice words. It has not become easier to get room (parking space) for a 7 ton truck in a crowded city like Hamburg or Berlin so I had to think of a solution.... Steve`s Transit showed me the direction- of course it is more comfortable to work in a big truck but times change fast.....
I know exactly what you are saying, Rolf. For us, it's also about travel, permits and weight stations.

Thank you for mentioning that my Ford Transit (Tiny Big Mobile) inspired you to build your new van.

All the best!
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
FYI, all our gear (consoles, mixers, recorders & such) is in flight cases and then mounted into our mobile unit as per the project's spec. The mobile units are actually, mobile studios that can be turned into control rooms or studio spaces and such depending on what the project entails.

This "Open Architecture" approach has been super helpful meeting the needs of each project down to the very last detail, especially when budget is a priority.
smart! - not much of an option though for me (to put flight packs in my 'truck' due to additional weight) as i'm trying to outfit a peugeot 206 or a fiat 500...
Old 12th April 2019
Super Moderator

You are missing the point. The racks are placed in the road cases when they are not on board any of the mobile units. The rack within road case design works perfectly well for my operation.

Outfitting our trucks as needed is actually saving us the additional weight since we build it out as per the project spec.
The extra woodwork that is normally in a mobile unit is not there. Only the racks that house the equipment is in use when it's applicable.

As you can see in the attached images, the racks inside these (Elroy; Tiny Big Mobile; The Bread Mobile) mobile studios are without their outer road cases.

Furthermore, how do you fit a Studer Vista 1 in a Peugeot 206 or a Fiat 500?

Quote:
smart! - not much of an option though for me (to put flight packs in my 'truck' due to additional weight) as i'm trying to outfit a peugeot 206 or a fiat 500...
Attached Thumbnails
My First........Remote Recording Truck-000-midas-pro2c-fair-amount-analog-goodness-.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-000-focusrite-rednet-demo-board-elroy-.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-000-little-analog-gear-conveyance-elroy-.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-tbm-inside-daytime-view.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-tbm-inside-record-rack.jpg  

My First........Remote Recording Truck-fb_img_1499284719246.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-fb_img_1499284770494.jpg   My First........Remote Recording Truck-fb_img_1499284314338.jpg  
Old 12th April 2019
Super Moderator

Rolf, let me know if I should remove the images from my last post. I know this is your thread about your rigs and I don't want to over shadow your fabulous build out projects.
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
You are missing the point. The racks are placed in the road cases when they are not on board any of the mobile units. The rack within road case design works perfectly well for my operation.

Outfitting our trucks as needed is actually saving us the additional weight since we build it out as per the project spec.
The extra woodwork that is normally in a mobile unit is not there. Only the racks that house the equipment is in use when it's applicable.

As you can see in the attached images, the racks inside these (Elroy; Tiny Big Mobile; The Bread Mobile) mobile studios are without their outer road cases.

Furthermore, how do you fit a Studer Vista 1 in a Peugeot 206 or a Fiat 500?
thx for detailed pics - regarding space (or the lack of), i'm thinking of replacing one vista1 with a compact infinity core/compact remote and use existing compact/d21 stageboxes (which all fit in to my 206): pretty hard to beat regarding track density/physical space... - quantec, jünger, lake and a pair/set of fostex 6301's or 1029's and i'm set!
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

God, do I have truck envy. I was an AE on the Record Plant (NYC) Black and White trucks in my youth and I always loved the idea of packing up a working studio into a vehicle and going across country to record rock and roll. Exciting times driving that big black Peterbilt beast down an empty freeway at 2AM.

So I am still into "packaging" and think that a good lay-out and the proper way are still important. That is how my Dante rig is put together; neat, tidy and super functional. I can set it up and tear it out by myself although it's more fun with another helper. But it all lives and fly-pack cases, and like Steve's stuff, gets custom configured for each gig. If it involves more space than allowed in my 1989 Volvo 240 station wagon, I rent a van or a trailer.

So a truck would be so cool, and so economically unfeasible. Sad, but it is true. It would sit idle for such a bigger portion of it's life than it would ever work. I am, frankly, surprised and happy that those with these magnificent little studios on wheels have the clientele to make them a good bet money-wise. YOU ALL GO!

D.
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Nut

Steve, please don´t remove the pictures. Your work is a lot of inspiration to me. I really like to see them.
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Nut

By the way: this is what a few nice people in Austria do:

AT2

They use a trailer and a 4x4 Sprinter for recordings.... (4x4 seems important in a country consisting of moutains and snow.....)

Last edited by Hamburg; 12th April 2019 at 11:01 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search