The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with an EV Eliminator cabinet crossover + jack!
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Help with an EV Eliminator cabinet crossover + jack!

hey everyone, i have an EV eliminator cabinet where i'm assuming some sort of resistor (?) mounted inside a ceramic block snapped off the wiring plate and fell loose inside the cabinet. i got it out, but i have no idea how to go about fixing this now. i would solder it back on but the problem is, the side that broke has no wire visible... whatever's left must be just inside or flush with the ceramic.

i think i'm gonna have to take this somewhere where it can be serviced, unless anyone knows what that thing is and where to buy a replacement! any ideas? i live in MD just outside of washington DC, any recommendations? i need this fixed in 2 weeks!!

THANKS!
Attached Thumbnails
Help with an EV Eliminator cabinet crossover + jack!-dsc04188.jpg   Help with an EV Eliminator cabinet crossover + jack!-dsc04190.jpg   Help with an EV Eliminator cabinet crossover + jack!-dsc04191.jpg   Help with an EV Eliminator cabinet crossover + jack!-dsc04192.jpg  
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Electro-Voice 85753 CROSSOVER NETWORK 1/4" ELIMNTR | Full Compass
found this, but its for the "Eliminator-M" monitor... not the 15"+driver cabinet

my unit is part # 85235
Attached Thumbnails
Help with an EV Eliminator cabinet crossover + jack!-dsc04198.jpg  
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

If you have another cabinet, remove the other (good) crossover to find the connection points. You may have to rig a solution (i.e., "extender" wires from the circuit board taps, and re-glue the resistor), but the worst end will be you'll have to order a replacement crossover from EV.

Seeing the photos large, you will need a replacement for the resistor. It seems to me, any solder solution into that hole would be temporary, at best.

Good luck.

HB
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

I'd post over on the Speakerplans forums. They love their Eliminators over there (great sub!). They'll have an answer with you in the blink of an eye...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search