The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: ,

Mobile Hit Rig - Jonas Bros
Old 18th December 2010
Talking Mobile Hit Rig - Jonas Bros

YouTube - Jonas Mobile Recording Studio!

Not a whole lot of boutique gear. Limited space. Yet, they produce pop hits.
Old 21st December 2010
LX3
Lives for gear

I enjoyed the bit where the cameraman gives the young presenter a shove in the back to get her into frame.

Ugh. The whole thing made me feel a little bit ill to be honest.
Old 21st December 2010
Super Moderator

Yeah, that (cameraman) move was priceless.

I wasn't going to say anything about this, but since you brought it up, I kind of agree...

There was something unsound about the whole thing.
That being said, the concept is tremendous!
I don't know, perhaps the poor studio arrangement was what was so objectionable to me.

The "cookie cutter" approach to building a mobile unit seemed to be the unsatisfactory part of it for me.

I don't mean to be hostile, perhaps I need to re-look at the clip and make another assessment of the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX3 View Post
I enjoyed the bit where the cameraman gives the young presenter a shove in the back to get her into frame.

Ugh. The whole thing made me feel a little bit ill to be honest.
Old 21st December 2010
I have to say I have my doubts as to the veracity of the whole thing. I could be wrong of course, but...

Now, I have to admit I am not familiar with their music, but it would not surprise me if all of their stuff is manufactured in the box, in which case it is fully possible that whoever is the producer could be using the production suite in the back of the bus to do that sort of thing. Just overdub the guitars and vocals, and away we go.

But the rest of it just seems like props in an advertisement for Verizon.
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

HIGHLY

Doubt the record is being done in there.... Just pre production demo stuff probably.... Since they are getting Paid by verizon........... The tour guide Talks like a Woman LOLOL
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobAnderson View Post

But the rest of it just seems like props in an advertisement for Verizon.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Lousy video in every aspect. Even the Jonas Bros deserve better. Surprised their management would let that out.

phil p
Old 27th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Lousy video in every aspect. Even the Jonas Bros deserve better. Surprised their management would let that out.

phil p
Seems like it was recorded on a hand camera or phone by someone in the tour group. If it's true that the album was recorded in that mobile box, It's a big dose of shut-up juice for a lot of us who tout the benefits of high end gear. It looks like they're using a Digi003 and a bunch of virtual instruments. Humbling, yet scary, yet disappointing.
Old 28th December 2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post

phil p
Yeah, but I don't think even the Jonas Brothers could control each and every clip someone decides to capture.

IMO, I believe the person was just shooting what they experienced during that (mobile) studio tour...

I mean, so what - it's no biggie, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Studio RI View Post
Seems like it was recorded on a hand camera or phone by someone in the tour group. If it's true that the album was recorded in that mobile box, It's a big dose of shut-up juice for a lot of us who tout the benefits of high end gear. It looks like they're using a Digi003 and a bunch of virtual instruments. Humbling, yet scary, yet disappointing.
I for one, believe your ears are the most important and best high end equipment.

Everything else comes second, so I guess anything is possible, but...

Could it be so? I bet they're doing a lot a writing and demos in that bus.
Perhaps some of the electronic line input stuff could end up being used on the commercially released stuff; you never know, right?

If you really care, why not search for someone from their production team and ask them straight out...

It should be quite informative.
Old 28th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Could it be so? I bet they're doing a lot a writing and demos in that bus.
Perhaps some of the electronic line input stuff could end up being used on the commercially released stuff; you never know, right?
I found this video from another tour and the guide explains that the purpose of the bus is for demos, but that a few songs actually made it to the final album. Interesting.

On Jonas Brothers Recording Studio Bus - Filestube Video Search

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search