The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
zoom h1 vs zoom h2
Old 19th July 2010
Gear Head

zoom h1 vs zoom h2

So the h1 is just cheaper? I can't see any other differences. Have anyone tried both?

Thanks.
Old 19th July 2010
Gear Guru

zoom h1 vs zoom h2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam beker
So the h1 is just cheaper? I can't see any other differences.
It's much smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Gearslutz
Old 19th July 2010
Lives for gear

It's totally different in almost every respect. For instance, the small matter of 4 mics vs 2. Significantly different approach to operation and menus. Display quality. Physical configuration. etc etc.
Old 19th July 2010
Lives for gear

zoom h1 vs zoom h2

The biggest difference is that the H2 has four mics (two wide, two narrow). They can combine to turn the H2 in to a surround sound recorder.
Old 28th July 2010
Lives for gear

Has anyone compared the noise specs on this and the H2? I've heard that the H2 is worthless if using an external mic and that means a lot to me, so I'm hoping the H1 will have a good external mic jack!
Old 1st August 2010
Lives for gear

Zoom H1 Delay Product Release Date

It's not released yet.
Old 1st August 2010
Gear Head
there is a website that has audio an audio comparison between hand held recorders..I can't find it now. I used it to compare the Zoom(s) to the Sony(s). I ended up purchasing a Sony PCM-M10. I am real happy with it. The on board mic's sound good for field recording, they are omni, and the unit looks like a cell phone..
Old 1st August 2010
Lives for gear

Portable Recorder Reviews

or

Avisoft Bioacoustics - Microphone Input Noise Comparision

maybe the site(s) you are thinking of.

The M10 is fine but the concept of omni mics at almost no spacing is a little odd. It leads to serious skewing of the stereo field according to frequency. (High frequencies go to wide, low too narrow).
Old 4th August 2010
Lives for gear

Bump now that it's out.
Old 4th August 2010
Lives for gear

Is it? The Sweetwater site says "The new Zoom H1 Handy Recorder is scheduled for release on August 20. This is sure to be a hot seller for preorders, so make sure we have your order as soon as possible so we can reserve the best possible place in line for you."

Not that I'm holding my breath... the chief recommendation of this device seems to be ease of use, and I'm personally not having too much difficulty with the other such recorders I have.
Old 24th August 2010
Lives for gear

Bump now that it's REALLY out.
Old 25th August 2010
Lives for gear

There was a time when it was quite hard to find a home-user device which would record from mics - when cassette recorders moved from a portable role to a hifi component role - but now it's good to see the range and low cost of portable recording devices which hopefully will continue to encourage people to try their hand at music and location recording.

There's a video demo at Zoom H1 Handy Recorder | Audio Insights

Perhaps chief feature of this is the retreat from menus - could this be a new trend?
Old 25th August 2010
Lives for gear

That's a lot in a little package for a little price.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The Zoom H2 in action

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search